Sujet : What got you into R&C?

Good point there. Sony thought really dumbfully when they decided not to let the PS3 Slim not play any PS2 games what-so-ever.

I said dumbfully, big whoop! Want a fight about it?

So yeah, no matter what, I will treat any console I purchase with great care.

Well the reason the PS3 slim doesn't play PS2 games is because the PS2 discs are a unique format and more or less needed the PS2 built into the PS3 to play them, which was costly and made the PS3 more expensive (which is why they were €700 when they first came out here), the slim leaves out the PS2 hardware to reduce building cost and thus makes the PS3 slim more compact and cheaper to make. Which is why they sell for about €300 now

Membre supprimé

Good point there. Sony thought really dumbfully when they decided not to let the PS3 Slim not play any PS2 games what-so-ever.

Well the reason the PS3 slim doesn't play PS2 games is because the PS2 discs are a unique format and more or less needed the PS2 built into the PS3 to play them, which was costly and made the PS3 more expensive (which is why they were €700 when they first came out here), the slim leaves out the PS2 hardware to reduce building cost and thus makes the PS3 slim more compact and cheaper to make. Which is why they sell for about €300 now

That sounds reasonable.

Although, the PS2 was able to play PS1 games when it first debut and the system wasn't entirely expensive unlike the PS3. It was around the same price as the PS3 Slim.

But since technology, hardware devices and software programs are becoming higher and stronger these days, I could see why the original PS3 would be around 600 dollars when it was first released.

I got into it when the first game came out in 2002. Thanks Spyro and Gameinformer for that emoji

Membre supprimé

That sounds reasonable.

Although, the PS2 was able to play PS1 games when it first debut and the system wasn't entirely expensive unlike the PS3. It was around the same price as the PS3 Slim.

But since technology, hardware devices and software programs are becoming higher and stronger these days, I could see why the original PS3 would be around 600 dollars when it was first released.

Yeah true, I think it's a conspiracy that the PS3 can't play PS2 games too! I mean, PS2's are so cheap now… oh well, I'll always keep my PS2 anyway, so I can go back to play those good ol' games, since the PS3 just can't.

And Spyro was awesome, back in the day emoji I still like those classics from Insomniac!

I think I got into Ratchet and Clank when I played a demo of the first game back in 2002/2003. I didn't have a PS2 of my own at the time. Didn't have enough money. When I finally did get it in 2004, I got R&C 2: Going Commando instead of the very first game (and the first game was the demo I played) XD.

I don't really use it as a doorstep. I was kidding. My friend uses his subwoofer as a doorstep and uses TV speakers to play games. I haven't been there since 2001 and you can guess why emoji

Membre supprimé

My first game ever (On PS1) was Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped and Naughty Dog and Insomniac was (and still are) best developer/creators of games on PS1. My next games was Spyro saga… and so few years latter I click on Wikipedia Insomniac Games and there was a new game title… RATCHET and CLANK.

I downloaded the demo because a mate forced me too, and I fell in love with Ratchet after 3.9 seconds.

I think I got into Ratchet and Clank the year Up Your Arsenal came out.After I watched my brothers I decided to try it out and after that,I wanted to marry that game! emoji It was very fun at the time,until I found out about Going Commando.

But right now,I have to wait until my birthday(in November)to try to get a PS3.Once I'm through playing the future series,I may kiss the bride. emoji

I just wish that I got into R&C sooner. . . .

I got to know Ratchet and Clank because of the demo disk I got with my PS2 XD
It had Blackwater City (Rilgar) and Metropolis (Kerwan) on it, and I played that demo disk so much more than my actual games :P I eventually got RaC 1 platinum version from Argos, lol! And I still have and love it.

It was 2004, I had a Playstation 2, I had no money, and I wanted game. I saw Ratchet and Clank pre-owned in GAME for £5, I looked at it and thought it seemed like a good platform game, after all it was platinum! Bought it, played it, fell in love, have bought and completed (sans PSP since I don't own one) every game since then. It was my original reason for buying a Playstation 3 (80GB model). I was two years late getting into the game, but since them I've always been the first amongst my friends to rip the crap outta them. emoji

Membre supprimé

That sounds a bit similar to my story, except I still have yet to get a PS3 (been saving my money for more important things) but I have two of the Future titles anyway and just play them on my bro's PS3 when I can emoji

It was a year ago in 2009 A friend of my on DA made a crossover comic that has Ratchet and Clank in it. After reading it, I went to Youtube to find some videos on them and instenly I fell in love with the series.

But I didn't start playing till the beginning of 2010.

I first got into Ratchet and Clank when a friend was playing it at his house, afterwards i really wanted the game so i started looking for a copy (this was the time when it when Platinum). so, yeah after that i was pulled into R&C series.