Sujet : The Music Thread

Membre supprimé

Here's the Music Thread everybody! Discuss anything that's related to this topic.

What style or genre of music are you into?
What are your favorite musicians and bands?
Any latest news or historical facts about bands/artists.
What song are you listening to right now?

I'm listening to "Land of Confusion" by Genesis right now. Boy, do I feel like an oldie. emoji

So discuss away!

Membre supprimé

Well I'm currently listening to Hybrid's new album, Disappear Here (got it from iTunes) emoji been a big fan of them since 2004. But yeah, I'm mostly into electronic types of music, pretty much. But I can sometimes like other music from other genres.

Well I'm currently listening to Hybrid's new album, Disappear Here (got it from iTunes) emoji been a big fan of them since 2004. But yeah, I'm mostly into electronic types of music, pretty much. But I can sometimes like other music from other genres.

Do you really buy from iTunes? I have over 12,000 songs, and I didn't buy them from iTunes, or from Cd's!
I'm listening to Green Day and Queen (see them both live).

Membre supprimé

yeah, sometimes I get music from iTunes, or friends just send me stuff :p there is also some rare music (from Hybrid) that can't be bought online or anywhere, only found on random websites. But I don't have a ton of music anyway, probably under 1000. (Since I don't listen to much!)

yeah, sometimes I get music from iTunes, or friends just send me stuff :p there is also some rare music (from Hybrid) that can't be bought online or anywhere, only found on random websites. But I don't have a ton of music anyway, probably under 1000. (Since I don't listen to much!)

I get mine from ……I shouldn't tell you that!

Membre supprimé
I'm listening to Green Day and Queen (see them both live).

I see that I'm not the only Queen fan in this forum.

Long live Queen! emoji

I'm into techno, rave, dance, some pop and relaxation music like flutes, harps, pianos, oriental music, etc

not listenint to anything at the moment busy checking up on things and my frinds since I havn't been on the laptop for 2 days and such

I like almost all music but I mainly listen to Muse, Metallica, Mastodon, Rammstien, Foo Fighters and Owl City.

I'm also a sucker for soundtracks of things I like e.g. Ratchet & Clank, Halo, Modern Warfare 2, The Matrix, etc.

Does anyone have any songs that remind them of Ratchet & Clank?

Fireflies by Owl City reminds me of R&C coz I was listening to it one time and while the chorus was starting I caught a glimpse at my desktop background pic of Ratchet and now whenever I hear the chorus "planet earth turns slowly" it reminds me of R&C. Also, one of the words in the lyrics is "Insomniac"…and who makes R&C? Exactly!

Membre supprimé

Fireflies by Owl City reminds me of R&C coz I was listening to it one time and while the chorus was starting I caught a glimpse at my desktop background pic of Ratchet and now whenever I hear the chorus "planet earth turns slowly" it reminds me of R&C. Also, one of the words in the lyrics is "Insomniac"…and who makes R&C? Exactly!

lol that explains why you think "Fireflies" fits Ratchet and Clank pretty well.

There are some songs that reminds me of Ratchet and Clank too. "I Want it All" by Queen reminds me of the Future saga quite a lot just because of some of the words in the lyrics and even the sound of the song fits the R and C universe pretty well.

Another song that reminds me of Ratchet and Clank is "Heist" from the Conker's Bad Fur Day soundtrack. It jazzy, wacky and there's one moment in the song that reminds me of Ratchet and Clank right away, especially the PS2 titles.

I also like soundtrack music as well, especially ones from video games and animated films such as Beyond Good and Evil, Perfect Dark, Prince of Egypt and even Disney films.

lol I did the same thing play ratchet and clank while listen to fireflies as well as some other techno music with the game that suits it emoji

I like almost all music but I mainly listen to Muse, Metallica, Mastodon, Rammstien, Foo Fighters and Owl City.

I'm also a sucker for soundtracks of things I like e.g. Ratchet & Clank, Halo, Modern Warfare 2, The Matrix, etc.

That's a pretty bad song, but is does remind me a bit.

Boulevard of Broken Dreams reminds me, as well as Queen's Friends Will Be Friends, I can't listen to it without getting emotional. And I'm serious, it reminds me of R&C and their friendship so much!

Membre supprimé

Boulevard of Broken Dreams reminds me, as well as Queen's Friends Will Be Friends, I can't listen to it without getting emotional. And I'm serious, it reminds me of R&C and their friendship so much!

I can picture Friends Will Be Friends fitting Ratchet and Clank very well. In fact, I think many songs by Queen could fit the R and C universe very perfectly. Not all the songs though, but some of them. emoji

I'm not too sure about Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day though… I think it might work, but I'm not 100% too sure. I could check up the lyrics again since it's been a long time that I've listen to any songs by Green Day. I used to be a fan of them, but anything after the American Idiot Album made me hate them with their angst/emo look and sound. I know that sounds harsh, but hey, we're all different with different opinions. emoji

I'm not too sure about Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day though… I think it might work, but I'm not 100% too sure. I could check up the lyrics again since it's been a long time that I've listen to any songs by Green Day. I used to be a fan of them, but anything after the American Idiot Album made me hate them with their angst/emo look and sound. I know that sounds harsh, but hey, we're all different with different opinions. emoji

I agree with you that everyone has thier own tastes say for example if I ask my sis 'would you think that fire flies by owl city would fit ratchet and clank in any way?' I know that she'll say 'heck no!' along with a glare at me =/

I can picture Friends Will Be Friends fitting Ratchet and Clank very well. In fact, I think many songs by Queen could fit the R and C universe very perfectly. Not all the songs though, but some of them. emoji

Wake me up when September ends is a really emotional song.

Membre supprimé
Wake me up when September ends is a really emotional song.

I find Wake Me Up to be rather annoying than emotional. It might sound a little sad when you first listen to it, but when you hear the song over and over again on the radio, at parties or from other people, you rather want to listen to cats scratching on posts than that particular Green Day song.

This song and many songs by Nickelback are probably the only songs that I cannot listen to.

And hey, since I'm putting so much hate in music, are there any songs or artists/bands that you don't like in the music industry?

I could go on naming what songs I don't like, but it'll be a long rant. emoji