Sujet : Ratchet's "Oh C**p" in Q4B

Membre supprimé

Ratchet said "Oh Crap" in Quest for Booty.

How surprised were you when you heard him mildly cuss in the game?

Even though I haven't played Quest for Booty, but I did watched all the scenes from the game.

At first I didn't recognize it, but when I re-watched it again I was quite surprised to hear Ratchet say that, not in an offended way of course, but more like a funny "wow!" kind of response. I know Quest for Booty wasn't the only game that had a bit of mild language in a Ratchet and Clank game, so this isn't really the first. Usually the cursing in a Ratchet title has been either bleeped for fun or just cut off by sounds and interruptions. Although, I didn't expect a character from the series to say one mild swear word without any interruptions and such.

I don't think Ratchet swearing one thing doesn't have a huge effect on the gamers if you think about it, for he said that line pretty quickly and softly.

So what were your reaction(s) about this one line that Ratchet said? Were you really surprised about it? or it wasn't a big deal at all?

I don't really care. But that word is offensive in AU. But the word "b****y" isn't in Au.

Membre supprimé

Well he almost swore in Deadlocked when he said "And my tail feels like it's shoved right up my…." when he first got that armor XD and also when he's arguing with Qwark over driving a spaceship in R&C3, he goes "Captain my…." gets cut off again.

So it didn't surprise me too much but what surprised me is that 'Crap' got censored in the PAL version but not in the NTSC version. But I still think it's funny XD

It's not really a concern for me.

Membre supprimé

Well I guess I made this slightly a big deal because that line was never censored in the North American version. It wasn't a huge deal, but I was still surprised with a funny reaction. :P

And like I mentioned before, that "oh crap" isn't the first swear we heard in a Ratchet game. If I remember correctly, "whoop a$s" and even "p*ssed" were even mentioned or heard in Tools of Destruction.

Membre supprimé

Lol yeah that's right, and in some of the older games Gleeman Vox swears twice *gets censored though* as well as Angela's "famous" cuss XD

Well I guess I made this slightly a big deal because that line was never censored in the North American version. It wasn't a huge deal, but I was still surprised with a funny reaction. :P

And like I mentioned before, that "oh crap" isn't the first swear we heard in a Ratchet game. If I remember correctly, "whoop a$s" and even "p*ssed" were even mentioned or heard in Tools of Destruction.

In Australia, our radio and movies and games never cut out the word 'bl**dy'!!!!

I have the EU PAL version so it was beeped (even though almost every second word spoken in Ireland is a curse most of the time, lol), so I just presumed he said f**k, thats what i'd say in that situation, but thats just me, lol.

I have the EU PAL version so it was beeped (even though almost every second word spoken in Ireland is a curse most of the time, lol), so I just presumed he said f**k, thats what i'd say in that situation, but thats just me, lol.

lol at first I thought ratchet said oh s**t in that game

In Au, I know some Irish guys, and they swear so much it's not funny!

Well I have great crack with the lads so I suppose it just depends on who you know, lol

My friend swear, but we never use the f-word. Never. Or even the s-word.

My friend swear, but we never use the f-word. Never. Or even the s-word.

Wow, me and my mates use them like greetings emoji

Okay then.
My friends say 'funk you' or 'funk off' emoji emoji emoji emoji

Membre supprimé
It's not really a concern for me.

Well I guess it isn't a huge deal since Quest For Booty wasn't the first E-rated game that mildly cuss in a game.

In Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy we had Daxter saying crap in one of the first cutscenes of the game.

Also in Donkey Kong 64, the intro song had Hell-a in the lyrics.