Sujet : The SixAxis Tilt Controls in TOD

Membre supprimé

In your opinion, which gameplay segments did you find the SixAxis tilt to have solid controls?

If you don't entirely remember which gameplay had these types of controls, here are most of the examples that I could think of that uses the Sixaxis tilt.

————–

Sky diving - I thought it was pretty fun to control the skydiving segments. It was pretty confusing when I first played the game, but later on, the learning curve became pretty quick and easy to navigate these controls.

Robo-Wings - For me, It became a bit tricky at first and I didn't enjoy them one bit. But once I got used to the controls, the flying segments became solid to control and quite fun too.

Geo-laser - These controls were entirely tricky to do, but I thought they were quite challenging fun to control with the Sixaxis tilt. Without them, The Geo-laser became a lot easier to do.

Decryptor mini-game - I thought the Sixaxis tilt was pretty sloppy in the Decryptor. I think then and now that these controls were the worst. So when I start playing the Decryptor mini-games, I immediately change it to the left analog controls.

Tornado Launcher - The Tornado Launcher was extremely fun to control with the Six-Axis tilt. At first, I did not like how sometimes controlling the tornado would change the camera angle and would not go where you want it to go. Although, I thought to myself that if you control the tornado at the right areas and at the right number distance away from your enemies would make this weapon very useful to use.

Holo-Pirate Disguise (the Shake your Booty part) - Controlling that dance was pretty easy and straight forward. No comment there.

————-

Overall, I thought the best controls to use the Sixaxis tilt in were the Tornado Launcher, the skydiving moments and the Geo-laser mini-game.

If I missed any other gameplay segments that also uses the SixAxis tilt, please let me know.

Membre supprimé

Hmm I actually thought the Skydiving parts were fine with the Sixaxis emoji but for the others… I sorta have trouble, but I am a bit more used to the Tornado launcher now XD
But man, trying to control the robo-wings with it was too hard for me (in that first bit when you fly through the rings), as well as the decryptor….

I liked it. I was disappointed that ACiT lacked it mostly.

I hated the decryptor mini games with a fiery passion, I'd always dread having to do them, especially in challenge mode. I'm glad they didn't bring something like that into ACIT. But I did miss the Skydiving and robo-wings in ACIT (coz I was actually good at them, especially the skydiving, cos when you don't buy any armor in challenge mode and everything is a one-hit kill, you learn how not to get hit very often). emoji

I hate to use the Sixaxis tilt to use the Tornado Launher in that game I never get to control it well cause of it =/

Membre supprimé
I liked it. I was disappointed that ACiT lacked it mostly.

I agree! It was a shame that A Crack in Time didn't had too much gameplay using the Sixaxis tilt. In fact, there were quite a lot of things that A Crack in Time lacked in. But enough going a bit off topic there, I'll just say that using the SixAxis tilt had pretty decent controls in Tools of Destruction… except for the Decryptor mini-game. Now that one was a mess.

I'll just say that using the SixAxis tilt had pretty decent controls in Tools of Destruction… except for the Decryptor mini-game. Now that one was a mess.

I try to remember what that mini game is but since the lack of playing ToD lately I forgot all about that ^^'

Membre supprimé

it was only used like, once in Crack in Time, ehh? (For the Dynamo of Doom) at least it was easier to control than the tornado, for me anyways but it's a bit slow =P

Membre supprimé
it was only used like, once in Crack in Time, ehh? (For the Dynamo of Doom) at least it was easier to control than the tornado, for me anyways but it's a bit slow =P

You're definitely right! Controlling the Dynamo of Doom did felt a bit slow… a little too slow. Even if releasing the ammo on the Dynamo didn't change the camera angle like the Tornado Launcher did, but it wasn't that exciting to use.

Tornado Launcher —> Dynamo of Doom. For the Win! emoji

indeed although the dynamo of doom controls maybe slow as heck but it's easier to use though emoji

Membre supprimé

yeah I completely agree emoji but sometimes I used to make the tornado go off cliffs and things, that's why it used to frustrate me a lot XD

Membre supprimé
yeah I completely agree emoji but sometimes I used to make the tornado go off cliffs and things, that's why it used to frustrate me a lot XD

I think you need to release the tornado launcher at the right area(s) to control it with the Sixaxis Tilt better. I would never release any tornadoes at any tight round areas such as the Mukow arenas or the elevators at Zordoom Prison where you free Tawlyn, but bigger areas or linear roads where enemies are around are usually the best ways to control the tornadoes with the SixAxis.

I only use it for the tornado launcher and that was it.