Sujet : Sly Cooper Thread

Is it just me, or are the filmmakers trying to go as far from the source material as possible? Look at this picture from writer/director of the movie and tell me what is wrong with it (except for Sly's hair):

User image
Hint: Rewatch Sly 2 ending.

And the fact Murray wears a full face mask and Bentley is in a wheelchair. Hmm, they're not going to change those morals are they?

And the fact Murray wears a full face mask and Bentley is in a wheelchair. Hmm, they're not going to change those morals are they?

Well, I already said that one with Bentley was wrong. As for Murray, it's just the character design, I can pass this. But what makes me angry is that they're reversing one of the most touching moments (ending of Sly 2) and one of the most funny moments (Bentley learning to drive the van) in the series. They don't need to stick with the original games line by line, but why can't they keep something the way it was in the source material?

Well, the teaser is just the teaser. Like Ratchet & Clank it didn't show anything about the plot, it only confirmed that there was going to be a movie. I think it works the same with the Sly teaser, maybe the whole van affaire will be adjusted and forgotten in the real thing.

Director of Sly Cooper movie directed 2007's TMNT… Yeah, he's got experience with super-realisticly animated movies about talking animals.

At least he isn't doing this oneemoji

User image

Please note everyone - this was just a fun sketch. Kevin is very aware of the mythology of the Sly universe. Not meant to be taken beyond anything other than a fun thing to share. Thx!

Phew.

Phew indeed. We are terrible fans, casting their effort to entertain us with teasers aside. emoji

That looks kinda neat!

…cause Rainmaker did an amazing job on Heavenly Sword. It feels like a game, but without the gameplay part. It has bosses for example. It's also true to the original but still adds some new plot elements. After HS I'm even more psyched for Sly and Ratchet. It's hard to explain my confidence without spoiling the entire HS movie + game ánd not make an entire page of text.

That looks kinda neat!

…cause Rainmaker did an amazing job on Heavenly Sword. It feels like a game, but without the gameplay part. It has bosses for example. It's also true to the original but still adds some new plot elements. After HS I'm even more psyched for Sly and Ratchet. It's hard to explain my confidence without spoiling the entire HS movie + game ánd not make an entire page of text.

Um… Sorry to disappoint you, but Raimaker didn't animate Heavenly Sword… And what I meant, was that Sony Animation does much better job converting a classic 2D cartoon style into a CG movie…

That and they sort of own the franchise…

Um… Sorry to disappoint you, but Raimaker didn't animate Heavenly Sword… And what I meant, was that Sony Animation does much better job converting a classic 2D cartoon style into a CG movie…

They didn't… But it was their initiative right?

I'll say this staight and in the "fan-rage" style… Why can't Sly look like that!? Why can't he look as he's SUPPOSED to!? The type of animation Rainmaker is doing fits Ratchet perfectly, but for Sly they should go with much more stylish and cartoonish animation instead of this TMNT 2007…

I'll say this staight and in the "fan-rage" style… Why can't Sly look like that!? Why can't he look as he's SUPPOSED to!? The type of animation Rainmaker is doing fits Ratchet perfectly, but for Sly they should go with much more stylish and cartoonish animation instead of this TMNT 2007…

Well… it's okay…