Sujet : The Overrated List

Membre supprimé

Here's a little game I've thought up for a while.

What do you guys consider to be overrated?

What are things that people would always talk about?

What are people too obsessed with?

We can discuss some of the things that are over popular in a good way, bad way, or even both.

There are a lot of things that are over too popular these days, so I think we'll have no trouble with this thread. emoji

So I'll name a few that are overrated:

- Lady Gaga - she's starting to annoy me now. Seriously, all I hear is Lady Gaga THIS! and Lady Gaga THAT! I don't care about her music. She's just the new Madonna for this generation of mainstream genre.

- Glee - I don't really care about this show, but many people do. I know many people that are in love with Glee and if I say anything bad about it, I get many yells and glares. emoji

- Final Fantasy 7 - It's definitely one the best FF games I've played so far (considering the fact that I'm not a fan of this game series), but I think Square is milking this title wayyy too much with it's spin off games and it's animated feature Advent Children.

- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Everyone talked about this game too much before it's release and people still talk about this game today. Sure the visuals do like realistic and cool, but I think it's just another shooter game that's set off in some typical war scenario. Perhaps I'm being too harsh on this one due to shooters not being my most favorite genre in gaming.

- Anime (in general) - I don't mind Anime, but there are people who are in love with it. Thank goodness that I'm not part of this crazy obsession anymore. There are many Anime fans that gives Anime, a bad name.

So the stuff I've mentioned will be added to the list and it will turn out like this…

The Overrated List

- Lady Gaga
- Glee
- Final Fantasy 7
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Anime (in general)

The more we add, the bigger our list will be.

So do you guys have any ideas for our overrated list?

This is coming from a life-long FF player, FF7 is overrated. FFXIII rocks.

Membre supprimé
This is coming from a life-long FF player, FF7 is overrated. FFXIII rocks.

It sure is. I might as well add Kingdom Hearts to the Overrated list too. Another series by Square that has been milked a little too much. The first game was a treasure to me until it's sequels/prequels became quite confusing by adding more emo-ish characters to the mix.

I also know other things that are overrated, but in a good way though. I think Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time should be added to the list. Some people are not too fond by this Zelda title, but I think it's one of the best Zelda games that are out there, which will many people who have played this game would agree with me. So therefore, OOT will be added to the list. :P

I also find Seth Macfarlane to be overrated too. He has Family Guy, American Dad, The Cleveland Show and his comedy shorts on youtube. I don't mind Seth's sense of humour once in a while, but I think he's trying a little too much for his success. It feels like that he's trying to become the next Hanna Barbera or something. Many shows with the same drawing style.

But seriously folks, am I going to be the only one who's going to think of things that are overrated? emoji

Membre supprimé

Well lets see….

Everything and everyone you've mentioned so far well… that's what I would have said XD But also, ALL of the today's 'pop artists' like those overrated (yet uninspired/bland) can't be bothered naming them.

Not really sure what else at the moment though XD?

Games like GTA are overrated.

GTA is fun when you get to screw around. The missions… eh. The only GTA game where I actually enjoyed the story was Vice City (the original for PS2/Xbox/PC).

My Overrated List

1) The Xbox 360 - This gaming console was released first, before the Wii and PS3, I know. But it has so many problems. It has the the 2nd least amount of games I'm interested in (because some are on the PS3, too, so yay!). Nine times out of ten where I live, every 360 "junkie" talks about damned Halo or CoD >.>. The original does NOT come with a CPU fan, which I find extremely retarded, and that results in the RRoD usually. Plus only recently did they support USB sticks. I mean, yeah, probably anti-piracy and all… but… meh. Oh and Xbox Live forces you to pay a monthly or yearly subscription that does not come with a web browser. I mean, seriously, even the Wii has a web browser… The PSP, too…

2) Halo - One of the most overrated games I've ever tried to see played. It has nothing that interests me or makes it different from another space shooter game like Metroid.

3) Call of Duty - Utterly the 2nd most overrated game ever. It does nothing new. It's another gun game that takes place in World War II most of the time (except Modern Warfare and possibly Black Ops). It's an FPS shooter. Hooray. Like Serious Sam and Half-Life. The story's nearly nonexistent in the CoD games I've played. Not sure about the newer ones though.

4) The Nintendo DS - I'm sorry, but I do find this portable system to be overrated. The 3D polygons are not that much better than a Nintendo 64. Half the games have the same graphics that a GBA does, only they for some reason include touch screen abilities. And a quarter of all the DS games make you use the touch screen only. I've only played one game where it pretty much goes "either use the buttons or the touch screen. We don't care." And looking at the technical specifications, it is SEVERELY limited to what it can do if compared to the technical aspects of the PlayStation Portable.

5) Lady Gaga - Do not like her music. Plus she's talked about too much around where I live.

6) Team Fortress 2 - This game is meh. It looks kinda interesting, but at the same time… it's like "online multiplayer only" I think. So it isn't fun without a friend or two… thousand….

That's all I can think of right now, ahehehe.

Membre supprimé

Huh? Surprising that you think Team Fortress 2 is overrated. I don't really hear too many people talk about that game in particular, except maybe for one person.

As for GTA… I guess you can call that overrated. So that I'll agree with you.

I would like to add more to the list. Let's not forget…

Assassins Creed 2 - This game was talked too much after its released. It looks like a great game and perhaps it is a game worth checking out, but sort of in the same lines as Modern Warfare 2, I got a bit annoyed by it. My 12 year old cousin wouldn't stop talking about it when he got the game for Christmas.

I-Phones - Basically everyone is using one, so it definitely overrated. Just like I-pods, which should be added to the list too.

So we got…

- Lady Gaga
- Glee
- Final Fantasy 7
- Halo
- Anime (in general)
- the Kingdom Hearts series
- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Seth Macfarlane
- Mainstream Pop Stars - (they will always be overrated)
- the Grand Theft Auto series
- Call of Duty series
- The Nintendo DS
- Team Fortress 2
- Assassin's Creed 2
- I-Phones
- I-Pods

The list is getting quite bigger. We can make the list even larger folks!

I heard that bayonetta is overrated too but in my opinion I don't care what's over reated or not as long as I'm enjoying these things then I'm happy emoji

Membre supprimé
I heard that bayonetta is overrated too but in my opinion I don't care what's over reated or not as long as I'm enjoying these things then I'm happy

Really? that's a surprise there too because like I said to Shadow about Team Fortress 2, I find that not too many people I know don't talk about Bayonetta that much, except maybe for one person. But if you say it's overrated, then that's okay. It'll be added to the list anyway.

We're not adding things that are only negative here. Like I mentioned earlier, anything that's overrated in a positive way can be added to the list too. Right now…

I'll add Super Mario Bros. 3 to the list. I will agree that it's one of the best Mario games that I've ever played, but of course many people like this game so much too. So It will go in the list anyway.

I'm surprised that nobody hasn't mentioned the Twilight series yet. That is overly populated with so much rapid fan-girls who like vampires that sparkle. Seriously, what the heck!?!

I heard that twilight was overrated but I also heard that it might go underrated sooner or later …. or it's already done but ages ago? … anyways I heard that for some people pokemon is overrated as well.

Yeah what is with these fan girls and vampires that sparkles like a friggen disco ball when the sun hits them?

Membre supprimé
I heard that twilight was overrated but I also heard that it might go underrated sooner or later …. or it's already done but ages ago? … anyways I heard that for some people pokemon is overrated as well.

Yeah what is with these fan girls and vampires that sparkles like a friggen disco ball when the sun hits them?

Well, I still hear people and my friends talk about Twilight, whether it's in a good way or bad way. But also, it's probably quiet at the time due to the second film New Moon being out already in theaters and on DVD/Blue-Ray. Once the third installment Eclipse is out in theaters, then they'll be more talk about it.

Oh yes, I would agree with Pokemon being popular still, but I think they're still overrated because they're games are still fun to play. The tv series and other merchandises are pretty useless that are just there for the fans. I think some Anime series are overrated due too wide variety of merchandise with a huge fan-service to them. Shows like Naruto, Bleach, Dragonball Z and even Inuyasha should be added to the list because there are people who still like those shows even today and would even dress up as these kinds of characters in Anime conventions too.

Not adding the Xbox 360 to the list, eh?

The DS is up there, so I don't see why we can't add it, lol. Nice choice of words though.

… as if there isn't already one going on right now…. *shifty eyes*

Membre supprimé
Not adding the Xbox 360 to the list, eh?

Whoops! I seriously forgot to add that. My fault!

- Lady Gaga
- Glee
- Final Fantasy 7
- Halo
- Anime (in general)
- the Kingdom Hearts series
- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Seth Macfarlane
- Mainstream Pop Stars - (they will always be overrated)
- the Grand Theft Auto series
- Call of Duty series
- The Nintendo DS
- Team Fortress 2
- Assassin's Creed 2
- I-Phones
- I-Pods
- Xbox 360
- the Twilight Saga
- Pokemon
- Bleach
- Naruto