Sujet : Similarities in the Ratchet and Clank Universe

here is something AMASING! This is a comparison of two tracks in R&C (1) the first Veldin music & the Pokitaru music! Ges Insomniac, dont repeat the ame track… In the same game! Nah i know it was different, but cool. And while i am at it… Some music got repeated in the series, for example Blackwater City in 1 & 3, Dogfight at Pokitaru & Mylon! Plus many more…

Membre supprimé
here is something AMASING! This is a comparison of two tracks in R&C (1) the first Veldin music & the Pokitaru music! Ges Insomniac, dont repeat the ame track… In the same game! Nah i know it was different, but cool. And while i am at it… Some music got repeated in the series, for example Blackwater City in 1 & 3, Dogfight at Pokitaru & Mylon! Plus many more…

That is interesting info to begin with, but this topic is to compare elements in the Ratchet and Clank series to something that isn't from Ratchet and Clank.

I just want to give you a heads up to know what this topic is really about rather than letting you continue to go off topic there.

ya, i know, i wasnt gonna mention that stuff because of that reason… But i just had too emoji emoji anyway… Back on the topic of comparing stuff… I do say that Qwark is not that original… But still original! And Avalon Centrifuge! OMG, i love dat guy "I've got some brain thinking to do" "we MUST protect Avalonia!" Da Vinci: "AND Craftworld!" Avalon " emoji …And Craftworld"… And many more Qwarklike stuff. But neering the end he broke out of the Qwarky atitude, as kiddy games do. Oh Qwark, never change emoji And Zapp from Futurama! Great… But Zapp cares alot about Lela, and Qwark would never put anyone before himself.

I'm playing MDK II right now, and now im playing it, it looks gameplay wise alot like RaC, the platforming, the shooting…

Also i found a track VERY similar to the Argorian arena lobby one:

Membre supprimé
I'm playing MDK II right now, and now im playing it, it looks gameplay wise alot like RaC, the platforming, the shooting…

Also i found a track VERY similar to the Argorian arena lobby one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzkQN8lXVEM&feature=related

Woah! And I thought Insomniac was being original with that tune. Guess not in this case…unless Sonoton's version came out after the release of A Crack in Time.

Is it just me, or does the O2 Mask looks a little identical to Samus's helmet from the Metroid series?

O2 Mask
User image

Samus Aran
User image

But then again, if one of Ted Price's (CEO of Insomniac Games) influences in video games is the Metroid series, then I'm sure there are a few elements that both R&C and the Metroid series quite have in common. Sometimes Ratchet's armor in Deadlock reminds me of a combination between Samus Aran and Batman put into one.

User image

I thought Alister was just like Obi-Wan Kenobi from Star Wars Ep. 4 as he was one of the only lombax survivors in Polaris, just like Obi was the second-last jedi in the galaxy.
They both had fled their galaxies emperors, Alister had fled Tachyon and Obi-Wan had fled Darth Sidious aka Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. They both had also been helping them, as Alister once helped Tachyon and Obi-Wan helped Palpatine, though he was suspicious of Palpatine's goals.
Even more, both Alister and Obi-Wan hid to a desert planet inhabited by creatures that collected trash. Both of them took care of another of their kind, Alister became somewhat Ratchet's mentor and Obi-Wan took Luke Skywalker as his apperentice. Both of them had been also friends of their apperentices' fathers, although Obi-Wan had to fight Anakin. Lastly, they both set on a galactic adventure and helped saving the universe.

User image

User image

On a final note, I find the Future trilogy being a lot Star Wars -inspired. The plot of betrayal by one whom the protagonists helped, the massacre of the protagonists, the empire ruled by the betrayer and the fall of the betrayer by one of the few survivors is the same in both stories.

Though Alister fights more like Yoda than Obi-Wan. And the final showdown between Ratchet and Alister has nothing to do with the plot of Star Wars.

This has probably been said already, but Azimuth reminded me of Master Shifu from Kung Fu Panda.
User image

Membre supprimé
This has probably been said already, but Azimuth reminded me of Master Shifu from Kung Fu Panda.
User image

Yeah, I already mentioned that similarity long ago. I just want to let you know that's all.

On a final note, I find the Future trilogy being a lot Star Wars -inspired. The plot of betrayal by one whom the protagonists helped, the massacre of the protagonists, the empire ruled by the betrayer and the fall of the betrayer by one of the few survivors is the same in both stories.

Though Alister fights more like Yoda than Obi-Wan. And the final showdown between Ratchet and Alister has nothing to do with the plot of Star Wars.

I agree with that statement you've said, but I believe A Crack in Time was more Star Wars inspired compared to the other games in the Future Saga. Ratchet was accompanied by Alister mostly throughout that game. With his teaching ways and wise wisdom, he certainly helped Ratchet quite a lot, just like Obi-Wan helping out Luke in the Star Wars trilogy. You can even mention about Ratchet and Luke Skywalker having quite the same thing in common, although every hero in any franchise seems likely to almost portray the same personality and traits.

Now moving along does anyone here think this track from Rayman 2 sounds like a combination of a few soundtracks from Ratchet and Clank 1? For me it does.

Now moving along does anyone here think this track from Rayman 2 sounds like a combination of a few soundtracks from Ratchet and Clank 1? For me it does.

Yeah! It does sound a bit like… um… one of those tracks that I can't think of right now.

P.S. I keep picturing Grampa saying everything you say…

EDIT: Abercrombie Fizzwidget looks a bit like Einstein.
User imageUser image

ok, i know that captain Qwark looks like a lot of characters but i think he looks like Crimson Chin from The Fairly odd parents show. i cant put a picture of him on here cuz it'll ent up really big, so ill just put the link:

http://images.wikia.com/fairlyoddparents/en/images/b/b5/CrimsonChin.jpg

The part in All4One when you ride the guardian oddly seemed remeniscent of the Battle of Robot Bil from the Neverhood…

except that it didn't end sadly.

Also the parts on the ice moon (I don't remember the name) when you're sliding and riding the pipes reminded me of Crash Twinsanity where you ride Cortex's back. I even sang the Slip Slide Icecapades theme tune emoji

Another MegaMind comparison, both Megamind and Nefarious

turned evil having been bullied in school
Another MegaMind comparison, both Megamind and Nefarious

turned evil having been bullied in school

I was thinking that Nefarious and Quark resemble The Joker and Batman actually. I happened to make the analogy with a fellow player online a little while back. I mean, Qwark destroyed Nefarious' original body, radically changing it-and even though Nefarious was already evil before the change, he now had to goal - Kill the Qwark. Or at least mortally wound.

But coming to the end of All 4 One..

The relationship between Nefarious and the other characters began to remind me of GlaDOS and Chell in Portal 2. Why? You have a deranged AI bent on killing you simply out of spite-but is later forced to work with the hero for a multitude of reasons. And by the end-the villain has grown a sort of fondness for the hero(s). Similar basis, though I still side with the villain most of the time xD

Big bump, I know, but I just watched Kung Fu Panda 2, and I find that Po and Lord Shen, and Ratchet and Tachyon, have similar backstories. Both villains unleashed hell on the hero's kind, resulting in them being lost (pandas and Lombaxes respectively), and the hero being abandoned, with the villain's goal of conquering, respectively, China and the universe.

Am I the only one seeing a resemblance between these two?

User image User image