Sujet : Similarities in the Ratchet and Clank Universe

Membre supprimé

Does anything about Ratchet and Clank reminds you of something else?

Do the settings, characters, music or any other elements from the Ratchet and Clank games makes you think of characters and settings from other franchises, series, or stories that seem quite identical to one another?

Yesterday, I showed a friend of mine some Ratchet and Clank fan work that I drew and she said that Clank reminded her of the little robot in the game Machinarium. I could see why she would mistake Clank as Josef (the robot in Machinarium), for both characters do look almost the same with their cute design and overall height. Even though, one robot has a charming appeal with dry-humor jokes while the other has a more gritty appeal who is silent throughout the whole game.

Here's Clank (even though everyone knows what he looks like)
User image

while Here's Josef:
User image

And I do have another one. Is it just me or does Clank's director from Up Your Arsenal reminds me of a young Matt Groening with sort of a Troy McClure voice-tone in him?

Matt Groening
User image

The Director in UYA
User image

I don't know, but it seems like the beard, glasses and quite chubby chin and jaws kind of makes me think of the director as Matt Groening for some strange reason… and maybe a bit of George Lucas too. emoji

Captain Qwark reminds me of Zapp Branigan from Futurama emoji

Membre supprimé
Captain Qwark reminds me of Zapp Branigan from Futurama emoji

You aren't the only person that thinks of Qwark as Zapp from Futurama. I do sometimes think of Qwark as that character, for both Qwark and Zapp are so full of themselves.

Although, Zapp isn't the only character that makes me think of Qwark right away. I sometimes think of other characters that makes me think of Qwark, whether it is appearance or personality. If other cartoon characters such as…

- Zapp Branigan (Futurama)
- Homer Simpson (The Simpsons)
- Genie (Disney's Aladdin)
- Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story)
- Simon Belmont (Captain N: The Game Master)
- Mr. Incredible (The Incredibles)
- And Kent Powers (Quack-Pack)

were all put in a blender and were mixed together, they (in my opinion) would become the perfect ingredients to make Captain Qwark. emoji

EDIT:

Is it just me, or does Alister Azimuth looks like a combination of Maurice from Penguins from Madagascar and Shifu from Kung-Fu Panda, but taller and a bit more buff? Think about it.

Maurice
User image

Shifu
User image

Alister Azimuth
User image

I think it's Maurice's flat head and eyebrows and Shifu's fur colour and goatee is what makes me think of Azimuth right away.

Klunk somehow reminds me of Stewie Griffin from Family Guy.
Perhaps because they are both small evil dudes…
User image
User image
Uhh, yeah, your fanart pic… it was the best picture I could find of Klunk online anywhere.
emoji

Membre supprimé

ROFL! I have to say, this topic makes me giggle emoji

But yeah you are right about Klunk and Stewie XD and Tipsy is right about Alister looking like Shifu from Kung fu Panda emoji

I asked my little brother (who still can't get an account here, due to our IP's being the same lol) and he reckons Ace looks a bit like Diego from Ice Age… (mainly cause of the face)

User image
User image

But Dallas Wanamaker reminds me of Jim Carrey too for some reason (probably due to some of the movie characters Jim plays as, they can be just as crazy as Dallas XD)

User image
User image

And finally, the Smuggler reminds me of Crocodile Dundee…. emoji

User image
User image

Membre supprimé
Uhh, yeah, your fanart pic… it was the best picture I could find of Klunk online anywhere.
emoji

It's alright, I could see why you have chosen my pic for Klunk. It took me forever to find at least somewhat a decent image of Clank's Director from my first post in this topic.

As for Tara's comparisons, I find those pretty interesting, especially Ace looking a little bit close to Diego from Ice Age. They almost have the same long jaw and fur face textures (on the sides that is). emoji

Membre supprimé

My BF also reckons a news presenter here in New Zealand, by the name of Paul Henry, reminds him of Dallas too… (because of how they interrupt the broadcasts, go on about stupid things, etc) and they're both funny…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWCYtF3k2LY

Thank goodness the Anchor woman isn't like Juanita emoji

Membre supprimé

I've just realized that Kid Nova from Deadlocked looks almost like Casper the Friendly Ghost… if he were a robot.

Casper
User image

Kid Nova
User image

It's the rounded head, big eyes and bumpy nose that makes these two look alike.

Membre supprimé

Rofl! Wow, yeah he really does look a lot like a robotic Caspar XD funny!

And well, you know what Chairman Drek reminds me of? Well… this….

User image

emoji

Membre supprimé

So Drek is basically an upside down light bulb then. That's good to know. emoji

Chairman Drek always remind me of Sebastian from the Little Mermaid mixed with G-Man from Half-Life.

He's got the same lip structure and pink skin like Sebastian…
User image

And the Dark, Evil Business-Like personality like G-Man does.
User image

These two together would probably make the perfect Drek.
User image

You guys wont believe how much I just laughed at the posts in this topic, especiallly at Klunk being stewie and Drek the lightbulb emoji

Membre supprimé
You guys wont believe how much I just laughed at the posts in this topic, especiallly at Klunk being stewie and Drek the lightbulb emoji

I agree, Lightbulb Drex is just pure laughable genius there. emoji

Instead of focusing on characters, how about world surroundings or even the music in the Ratchet and Clank games? I'm sure those elements feels like familiar territory as well.

I think I've mentioned before in another thread, but I think planet Vapedia in A Crack in Time looks pretty similar to the City in the Sky dungeon from Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. In my opinion, both places almost have the same cloudiness atmosphere and floating building structures as each other, except one place is grittier than the other. emoji

City in the Sky
User image

Vapedia, Valkyrie Citadel
User image

Membre supprimé

Begining of music from AQUATOS - UNDERWATER TYHHRANOID BASE remids me music from game CRASH OF THE TITANS

0:04 - 0:19

Membre supprimé

Heh yeah, too bad I didnt have a working lightbulb XD (we have mostly those eco bulbs, that's why)

But yeah that level really does look a lot like Valkyrie citadel too, nice :p

What do these two weapons have in common?

User image

User image

… they're both called "Lancer".

Yeah, seriously, I noticed that the first time I saw the R&C: GC Lancer, like, wtf?!

… maybe Megacorp's stealing weapon names…? Wouldn't surprise me, emoji emoji