Sujet : Family Guy

To be honest, I don't like comedy shows such as Family Guy.

It's pretty much only funny if you get the real world references, and even then, a lot of people laugh at it "OH ITS FUNNEH CUZ HE SAID IT ON FAMILY GUY". Really, it got annoying, plus the show is boring to me, IMO.

That is pretty understandable. I was aware some people quoting a lot of things from Family Guy or people mentioning that this came from Family Guy, even though it something else that referenced the idea first.

I also didn't like how they would repeat some of the same jokes over and over again. The Kool Aid coming back in the courtroom in a later episode was probably the only repetitive joke I laughed at, but others like the "Mr. Conway Twitty" clip gag just got annoying and really got on my nerves.

Well I love family guy, I rarely get offended by anything so I find everything in it funny, heck, I love when they make fun of the irish the most, coz I'm able to look at that and think "wow, thats what the world views us as" and laugh emoji

Well making fun of someone from a different country doesn't offend me that easily, even when FG makes fun of the Portuguese (aka my background nationality). Although, I remember my sister becoming pretty shocked with how the Portuguese were treated in certain episodes.

I think the only time I got offended by Family Guy was when Peter said "Canada Sucks" in one of the first season episodes. But then again, I was 12 around that time when I first watched that episode, so I didn't know how to take crude jokes very well. I even had the same reaction when I watched South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut, which also made fun of Canadians too.

But when I think of Family Guy now, I think the only thing that could offend me about this show is some jokes that have hate towards women. Now I do understand that it is a cartoon and it's you cannot get offended by animated figures, but some of the ways the jokes are presented in FG are pretty edgy in my opinion. A woman getting violated by a stalker for a while when Aqua Man is not doing anything to save her… Is that very necessary to watch on your screen? emoji

Lets not forget Raped by a Clown bit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RmIrHWoYW8

I luaghed at this bit..and felt a little guilty afterwards …but I do agree with Peters saying "you can't spell overreacting without Ovary.."

Membre supprimé
Lets not forget R**ed by a Clown bit

I luaghed at this bit..and felt a little guilty afterwards …but I do agree with Peters saying "you can't spell overreacting without Ovary.."

You should probably watch out what you say before you post anything in a thread. We do have members that are younger than 13, so I don't think they don't wanna see the word r**ed on their monitor screen. Plus THAT word can be pretty sensitive to some people.

Membre supprimé

Lets not forget R**ed by a Clown bit

You should probably watch out what you say before you post anything in a thread. We do have members that are younger than 13, so I don't think they don't wanna see the word r**ed on their monitor screen. Plus THAT word can be pretty sensitive to some people.

Yeah, and we don't want to get angry parents on Ratchet Galaxy. emoji

EDIT: I honestly disagree with most of you guys, Family Guy has alot less, how do I put this, dark and edgy feel to it. I mean, have you guys ever watched Robot Chicken and Home Movies XD.

Membre supprimé

im sensetive to that word, but i expected this thread to be nasty anyway since its anout one of teh dirtiest cartoons in existance.

Membre supprimé
im sensetive to that word, but i expected this thread to be nasty anyway since its anout one of teh dirtiest cartoons in existance.

You want to see one of the dirtiest cartoons in existance, watch South Park XD.

Membre supprimé

You want to see one of the dirtiest cartoons in existance, watch South Park XD.

Okay, that I would agree on, but of course South Park is meant to be for viewers over the age of 18 anyways. So you would expect that kind of dirty humour in the show. Same thing with Robot Chicken and Home Movies.

Family Guy isn't as bad as those show just because it isn't target to adults only. You got a point that Family Guy isn't too edgy and dark like South Park or Robot Chicken, but some of the jokes they pull off are quite risky for a 14 over rating program, especially when it is officially a show from Fox. I think later seasons have tone done the crudeness compared to the shows' early seasons, so it isn't pretty bad, except maybe for that one episode that Sarah Palin complained about. emoji

Its an ok show I guess but sometimes they try too hard to a cheap laugh. I don't get some of the pop culture references they use in the show, maybe because I don't care about celeberaties at all to even understand the references… (Am I weird just because I don't like any celeberaties?)

Membre supprimé
Its an ok show I guess but sometimes they try too hard to a cheap laugh. I don't get some of the pop culture references they use in the show, maybe because I don't care about celebrities at all to even understand the references… (Am I weird just because I don't like any celebrities?)

Not really. I think the creators of shows like these wouldn't really like many celebrities in the first place. That's why they make fun of them in their shows.

As for the pop culture references, you gotta be quite older to understand all the source material Family Guy uses in their show. I remember when one of my younger cousin become puzzled in seeing some of the pop culture references in the show, like any of the jokes based on the 80's cartoon G.I. Joe for example.