Sujet : Swears in the Ratchet and Clank Series

WOW I did't know there was so many swares in the games,I mean I knew there was a couple of them but not so many… I guess I have to replay the games to see if I find more, acually most of these were really funny to read :P

When in R&C going commando did the thugs 4 less leader say aww dammit?

Membre supprimé

Well, I'm back on this thread, and have some more, along with ones I recently heard.

First off, this first one I actually just discovered today and found it to be funny. Luckily, there's a youtube video (one of Scottishduck's let's plays) that you can hear it from. I'll send the link if someone requests it.

Alister Azimuth - A Crack in Time
*Gets hit by a Nefarious trooper* "Ah, sh*t!"

I can't believe no one put this next one yet…

Drek - Ratchet and Clank
"And if you don't like it you can take your're whiny sniveling snotnoise population, form a line behind me a kiss my -"

Thug Leader - Going Commando
"Well, you can kiss you're…uhh…"

All I remember I wanted to add for now xD.

Luckily, there's a youtube video (one of Scottishduck's let's plays) that you can hear it from. I'll send the link if someone requests it.

I wouldn't mind that link!

I wouldn't mind that link!

Same Here

Membre supprimé
First off, this first one I actually just discovered today and found it to be funny. Luckily, there's a youtube video (one of Scottishduck's let's plays) that you can hear it from. I'll send the link if someone requests it.

I really doubt that Alister would literally throw an S-bomb in A Crack in Time. Maybe it's one of those misheard things while playing a game, like the infamous cussing pots in Banjo-Kazooie or the misheard line of Mario's quote "So long, King Bowser" being heard as "So Long, G@y Bowser" to some people in Super Mario 64.

I don't think Insomniac would go over that ropes when it comes to adding cusses in a series like Ratchet and Clank.

Membre supprimé

I really doubt that Alister would literally throw an S-bomb in A Crack in Time. Maybe it's one of those misheard things while playing a game, like the infamous cussing pots in Banjo-Kazooie or the misheard line of Mario's quote "So long, King Bowser" being heard as "So Long, G@y Bowser" to some people in Super Mario 64.

I don't think Insomniac would go over that ropes when it comes to adding cusses in a series like Ratchet and Clank.

It could be, but even if not I'm not suprised because we have heard them say sh*t, although censored, in the series before. It could also be sort've a "easter egg" for it to be heard in dialogue , as well. I'll send the link to the video where I first heard it. It's at about 7:17 in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RZlC0U2UAE. Could this have been a misheard thing, an easter egg, rare quote during dialogue (I found it pretty easily, so probably not)?

I know another one.

Ratchet-Tools of Destruction
"you know, ever since the rocket sled, you`ve been nothing but a giant pain in my -"

And another one.

Drek-Ratchet and Clank 1
"Screw this up and the endorsement deal is over!"

I don really think this counts but its hilarious:

Ratchet and clank going commando:
Angela sneaks up from behind and pushes ratchet down to clank:
Ratchet: Son of a Qwark!

Or in the story trailer for all4one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_7W4-9Rfsc)
Floating thing of Nefarious falls, Neffy: Son of a Bwaaaaaaahhh!!

And another one.

Drek-Ratchet and Clank 1

that is a swear? I dont even see how you could offend someone with that word? emoji But you all know the pirates swear like crazy! Here be one "Watch where your swinging that thing! Almost hit me bloody head off." and if you count little swear words, there are quite alot of swears in Ratchet & Clank! But if you dont cout things like crap dammnit and skrew (plus more in that category) and just the main B word F word W word and so on… R&C does use them (blanked out) but they are rare! And about Nefarious in A4O! that swear was really close and i found it absolutely hillarious! emoji funniest swear i have ever heard! And in that same trailer i like when they are upside down and Qwark smashes Nefarios emoji so random! But funny! And all Nefarious has to say is "YOU TWIT!" if you have a good look Qwark did it so purposefully that it is funny! But enough about that we are talking about all the evil words emmiting from the mouths of those we play…

And another one.

Drek-Ratchet and Clank 1

that is a swear? I dont even see how you could offend someone with that word? emoji But you all know the pirates swear like crazy! Here be one "Watch where your swinging that thing! Almost hit me bloody head off." and if you count little swear words, there are quite alot of swears in Ratchet & Clank! But if you dont cout things like crap dammnit and skrew (plus more in that category) and just the main B word F word W word and so on… R&C does use them (blanked out) but they are rare! And about Nefarious in A4O! that swear was really close and i found it absolutely hillarious! emoji funniest swear i have ever heard! And in that same trailer i like when they are upside down and Qwark smashes Nefarios emoji so random! But funny! And all Nefarious has to say is "YOU TWIT!" if you have a good look Qwark did it so purposefully that it is funny! But enough about that we are talking about all the evil words emmiting from the mouths of those we play…

I dont know exactly if "screw" is a bad word but when i heard that in ToD when ratchet said "Were screwed" at the end of the game i counted it as a swear emoji

Ratchet and clank going commando:
Angela sneaks up from behind and pushes ratchet down to clank:
Ratchet: Son of a Qwark!

If you count this as a swear then i got another one

Ratchet-Ratchet and Clank 3
Ratchet in tyhrraguise: Son of a Quark!

Ratchet-You son of a Qwark.(Going Commando) LOL

Membre supprimé

You know, I'm pretty surprised from all these cusses that made it to the games/comics, it didn't cause any big controversy from parents. emoji

If the DK rap from Donkey Kong 64 caused a lot of controversy from parents where they spotted the word "hell" in the lyrics, then you would expect controversy from parents that spotted any cursing in the Ratchet games. But of course, any controversy in Nintendo games is a huge deal to most people just because it's such a well known gaming company.

Oh by the way… naderrhino, please do NOT double post in a thread unless if you are bumping up a really old thread. There's a reason why we have an edit button in the first place. emoji

While robot Fizzwidget was telling the tourists about the last rocket,he said,
"This is the Triple B, or Big Bada** Bomb.