Sujet : Strange new implication I discovered (SPOILERS)

If Azimuth did succeed in using the clock to prevent Tachyon's attack,

and I'm aware that it wouldn't have worked,

Ratchet would never have been to Solana, meaning he never could have defeated Drek or Nefarious, meaning they would succeed in their respective evil plans.

That is, Drek would proceed to destroy several planets, and Nefarious would turn lots of organic lifeforms into robots, and Qwark would be unable to stop him because he'd be busy endorsing Drek's planet.

And if Nefarious hadn't lost to Ratchet, he wouldn't have had the desire to use the Great Clock in the first place.

Plus, Dreadzone would still exist.

I know he probably wouldn't have figured that out, but if he did, why wouldn't Nefarious want to

effectively get Ratchet's arrival into Solana erased

if chaos would rule supreme either way?

Brain…hurty… emoji

If Azimuth did succeed in using the clock to prevent Tachyon's attack,

and I'm aware that it wouldn't have worked,

Ratchet would never have been to Solana, meaning he never could have defeated Drek or Nefarious, meaning they would succeed in their respective evil plans.

That is, Drek would proceed to destroy several planets, and Nefarious would turn lots of organic lifeforms into robots, and Qwark would be unable to stop him because he'd be busy endorsing Drek's planet.

And if Nefarious hadn't lost to Ratchet, he wouldn't have had the desire to use the Great Clock in the first place.

Plus, Dreadzone would still exist.

I know he probably wouldn't have figured that out, but if he did, why wouldn't Nefarious want to

effectively get Ratchet's arrival into Solana erased

if chaos would rule supreme either way?

…And if Nefarious hadn't had the desire to use the clock in the first place, then neither would Alister!

Brain…hurty… emoji

That's why the clock would destroy itself and the universe with it! Altering time like that would cause a paradox and destroy everything!

Yea but if Clank saved Ratchet (of which he did) then Clank wouldn't need to save Ratchet. The Clank was replaced with present Clank. So the clock can infact be used as a time machine if used responsibly. Like saving the life of one, to save the universe! Not saving a race of Lombaxes, and affecting the course of history sevearly… There is a difference between six minutes, and many years

Yes shifting time would have caused a lot of problems, BUT as it was shown

(when present Clank replaced past Clank) Ratchet, Clank and Alister would still have all of the knowledge they had before the time shift, so Ratchet would be able to live with Clank, and save the galaxy (Solana, Bogon and polaris) from Drek, Qwark, the Thugs, Nefarious (finnishing him off this time), Vox, Otto, Klunk (was a spinoff however), Tachyon, Slag and Darkwater. Except this time… It will be challenge mode (Ratchet and Clank have already done it… LETS DO IT AGAIN!) emoji

…And if Nefarious hadn't had the desire to use the clock in the first place, then neither would Alister!

Azimuth

wanted to use the clock to save the Lombaxes. It would have had nothing to do with Nefarious if they didn't start competing for use of the clock.

(when present Clank replaced past Clank) Ratchet, Clank and Alister would still have all of the knowledge they had before the time shift, so Ratchet would be able to live with Clank, and save the galaxy (Solana, Bogon and polaris) from Drek, Qwark, the Thugs, Nefarious (finnishing him off this time), Vox, Otto, Klunk (was a spinoff however), Tachyon, Slag and Darkwater. Except this time… It will be challenge mode (Ratchet and Clank have already done it… LETS DO IT AGAIN!) emoji

The clock would only offer immunity for those who use it; and maybe it even wouldn't. Azimuth's words exactly.

"If we turn back time and stop Tachyon, the present as we know it will no longer exist."
"You mean, I won't remember Clank?"
"I mean you'll never have met him in the first place. The clock might offer temporal immunity for those who use it, but there are no guarantees."

Remember also that

Clank only turned back time six minutes.
Azimuth

wanted to use the clock to save the Lombaxes. It would have had nothing to do with Nefarious if they didn't start competing for use of the clock.

Well it was Nefarious who kidnapped Orvus, told the Zoni that Clank is their new leader, and tried to get into the Orvus chamber. Alister would have never known where the clock was if Nefarious hadn't found it.

Also…

This is all one big paradox so it wouldn't even work in the first place!

And one more thing…

What's up with all the spoiler tags? emoji

Azimuth

Well it was Nefarious who kidnapped Orvus, told the Zoni that Clank is their new leader, and tried to get into the Orvus chamber. Alister would have never known where the clock was if Nefarious hadn't found it.

He'd been

researching the clock for ages, maybe years before the events of the game. He might have found out where it was, or not. Whether or not he did, though, it still doesn't prove that Nefarious wouldn't allow the creation of a present without heroes, despite it being by someone else for adifferent reason.

We also might need to assume

1. Azimuth and Nefarious met up and learned each other's reasons for wanting control of the clock
2. Nefarious didn't know about the six minute rule

What's up with all the spoiler tags? emoji

Spoiler tags are fun.
This conversation is awesome!

emoji

Azimuth

The clock would only offer immunity for those who use it; and maybe it even wouldn't. Azimuth's words exactly.

"If we turn back time and stop Tachyon, the present as we know it will no longer exist."
"I mean you'll never have met him in the first place. The clock might offer temporal immunity for those who use it, but there are no guarantees."

Remember also that

Well the clock wasn't meant to be used as a time machine,

those six minutes were needed, and only six minutes. At only one point in the clock's life. Yea Azimuth said that "the pesent as we know it will no longer exist" and told Ratchet that he wouldn't remember Clank! Well obviously, because I don't think he was even born! But as it was shown when Clank used it, he would probably be at the same age as present. And again it proves that Ratchet WOULD remember Clank! Azimuth was wrong, just like when he said that the Clock would turn back time and all would be well! But then on the other hand, none of this can really be confirmed, The Clock CANNOT turn time back that far, only one major event at a time (even know there were probably trillions of other major events taking place)

If it was possible, Ratchet, Clank and Alister would all know what they are doing, and probably warn the Lombaxes of the danger ahead! But it is not. Just stick with Six Minutes emoji

I'm confused
join the club

okay, so

If Alistair saved the Lombaxes, the problem wouldn't be that Nefarious didn't want the clock, because he would have succeeded with turning organic Solanians into robots, Alistair would still have wanted to find the clock with the other Lombaxes to stop Nefarious, but to do so, Ratchet would have to defeat him in R&C3, which he (probably) wouldn't be there for, so there wouldn't be a threat, and the whole of the 'Future' series wouldn't exist, regardless as to whether or not Ratchet went and stopped the PS2 villains from their plots.

Something like that, right?

Azimuth

Remember also that

Well the clock wasn't meant to be used as a time machine,

those six minutes were needed, and only six minutes. At only one point in the clock's life. Yea Azimuth said that "the pesent as we know it will no longer exist" and told Ratchet that he wouldn't remember Clank! Well obviously, because I don't think he was even born! But as it was shown when Clank used it, he would probably be at the same age as present. And again it proves that Ratchet WOULD remember Clank! Azimuth was wrong, just like when he said that the Clock would turn back time and all would be well! But then on the other hand, none of this can really be confirmed, The Clock CANNOT turn time back that far, only one major event at a time (even know there were probably trillions of other major events taking place)

If it was possible, Ratchet, Clank and Alister would all know what they are doing, and probably warn the Lombaxes of the danger ahead! But it is not. Just stick with Six Minutes emoji

This is going a bit out of hand.
Remember that this started with Nefarious stealing the clock.

okay, so

If Alistair saved the Lombaxes, the problem wouldn't be that Nefarious didn't want the clock, because he would have succeeded with turning organic Solanians into robots, Alistair would still have wanted to find the clock with the other Lombaxes to stop Nefarious, but to do so, Ratchet would have to defeat him in R&C3, which he (probably) wouldn't be there for, so there wouldn't be a threat, and the whole of the 'Future' series wouldn't exist, regardless as to whether or not Ratchet went and stopped the PS2 villains from their plots.

Something like that, right?

That's about right.

I think this threat is the one you have to click the most… ouch my head..emoji

I see where you're coming from. Maybe Insomniac wanted to have that implication