Sujet : Alister Azimuth

What do you think of this guy? Is he

a hero, a villain,

or just plain awesome?
I for one think he's got a Phd in a**-kicking!emojiemoji

Membre supprimé

This thread is moved to the A Crack in Time section only because Alister first appeared in that certain Ratchet game.

What do I think of Alister Azimuth you might ask? I say he's okay I suppose. He felt a bit too serious for my taste, but I do admit there were some elements in Alister that made him a deep and interesting character such as…

His story about him causing the Tachyon invasion leading him to exile away from the other Lombaxes.

or

Probably the only character I know that had quite a dramatic death in the Ratchet and Clank series. His death quite shocked me at first, but him becoming the last boss fight in the game is what surprised me the most.

The only thing I will say that makes me dislike this character is how repetitive he is with his words. He tends to say "Lombaxes THIS" and "Lombaxes THAT" quite so often in the game that I literally did not care about him after beating A Crack in Time.

I know some of you may already know what I think about this guy… He annoys me in a way.

I mean he is dead, and I do miss him… But not all that much really? He was the type of character I would not want to see in A4O. He ALWAYS makes the wrong decisions. For that I kinda feel sorry for him, but he is a bit pushy in the fact that with Alister you gota do it his way! Or you could consider nothing but the highway! And sure that isn't much, but remember how Azimuth was WRONG with the Tachyon thing, and WRONG with the Clock. Sure thats only twice, but another thing, is how he doesn't care all too much about Ratchet's opinions… How many galaxies has Azimuth save, sure he saves the Universe in the end… After DOOMING IT.

LONG LIVE ALISTER AZIMUTH!!!!!!!!emojiemojiemojiemojiemojiemojiemojiemoji

What do I think of Alister Azimuth you might ask? I say he's okay I suppose. He felt a bit too serious for my taste, but I do admit there were some elements in Alister that made him a deep and interesting character such as…

His story about him causing the Tachyon invasion leading him to exile away from the other Lombaxes.

or

Probably the only character I know that had quite a dramatic death in the Ratchet and Clank series. His death quite shocked me at first, but him becoming the last boss fight in the game is what surprised me the most.

I agree.

I know some of you may already know what I think about this guy… He annoys me in a way.

I mean he is dead, and I do miss him… But not all that much really? He was the type of character I would not want to see in A4O. He ALWAYS makes the wrong decisions. For that I kinda feel sorry for him, but he is a bit pushy in the fact that with Alister you gota do it his way! Or you could consider nothing but the highway! And sure that isn't much, but remember how Azimuth was WRONG with the Tachyon thing, and WRONG with the Clock. Sure thats only twice, but another thing, is how he doesn't care all too much about Ratchet's opinions… How many galaxies has Azimuth save, sure he saves the Universe in the end… After DOOMING IT.

Well, maybe if he survived the blast from the Orvus control switch, he would have learned from the experiences and be around for future games to show what TV Tropes calls "Character Development".

I somewhat liked him but I agree with other members replies as well, he was good at the start of the game though.

I will never forget the

GET BACK HERE! DO YOU HEAR ME!?

ummm… No? I can't hear you? emoji

To be honest, i never liked him. I dont know why, but he seems be so unlikeable to me. I was since beggining suspicious about him, and I see I was right (End of the game). He didn't care about the universe, For him the most important thing was to use The Great Clock, no matter what will happen then. Plus, he and Clank, i think didn't especially liked each other. Also his memories "Oh,our great,wonderful race that every other race should love" irritated me so muchemoji(. Luckily, Ratchet was more intelligent than him, even if in the beginning he wanted to help Alister, but then he didn't wanted destroy the universe.

I liked him all the way through. He was a great and deep character who was unfortunately misguided and blinded so much through his desperation to save his race, that he was willing to kill Ratchet because he knew (or thought he knew) that he could just save him in the past.

Everything he did he thought he was doing for the good of his people, even if, to us, it was the worst thing he could do. He's a stubborn ol' git, but I still love him heh.

Interesting character with a very interesting past enough said . emoji

I liked alaster a lot cause he was the only family ratchet had left and he gave his life at the very end to rachet and the galaxy, though he would not had needed to if he did not try and use the clock as a time machine even after he was told not to.

True. He saw the right thing in the end. He always had fun quotes, but he wasn't my favorite character.

true, but he was a beautiful character design-wise. I loved him, and plus he gave us a new look on Lombaxes as well emoji

I quite liked him, even though he went off his rocker at the end. He did what he understood to be right and saved the universe in the end, even though he was the one who nearly destroyed it.
I think he spent too long with just his thoughts as to how it was all his fault and convincing himself that the only thing he could do was change the past.
It probably didn't help when Ratchet appears and is supportive of what he intends to do. Then Ratchet discovers what will happen and stands against him. Alister can't comprehend that there may be another way, whereas Ratchet does.

I'm just pretty… neutral… I liked his personality and how he reacted when he saw another Lombax, I did kinda feel sorry for him, after all that Alister and Ratchet went through.. Alister ended up making the wrong decisions at the end.. But it was good that he realised what he did wrong.

What I didn't like about about him was that he didn't even care about the universe and he risked everything to save his own race.. His only top priority was to find the Great Clock

So I reckon he was "OK" but he wasn't one of my favourite characters