Sujet : Titanic's 100th Anniversary

This upcoming April 14th will mark the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Olympic class ship Titanic.
I thought this could be a good Titanic conversation thread.
Any thoughts?
I'm a history person. I like this stuff.

User image

Membre supprimé

The first time I've heard about the sinking of the Titanic was from James Cameron's 1997 film the Titanic. When the film was huge at the time, I vaguely remember this documentary interview I watched of people who survived the ship. However, I was around 10 or 11 when I watched it on TV, so my memory is hazy about those factual interviews.

Speaking of the Titanic's 100th anniversary, I think James Cameron's Titanic film is coming to theatres in 3D, around the same day as the actual ship's anniversary.

Yes, their coming out in theaters with the 3D version of the film for the 100th anniversary mark. The movie is amazingly accurate on the ship itself and passengers, except for the actual size of the grand staircase.

The story of the Titanic is just very intresting. You (I know we've heard this many times) have the largest, most luxurious ship in the world on her maiden voyage, with famous stars, big-time millionaires, to poor immigrants for her 2,200 passengers along with the architect, and the british owner. Now it's sinking so slowly and so there is all this time for all this drama to go on. It's fascinating.

Membre supprimé

It's part of world history! Anything that happens worldwide will always go on.

Oh I watched that movie over and over when I got Bored Great Special effects! I Have always had an interest in the titanic.

Please don't judge me for this joke, but I just have to share it. I am aware it's in bad taste, but all the best humour is:

What do you get if you cross the Atlantic with the Titanic?
Halfway.

Oh I watched that movie over and over when I got Bored Great Special effects! I Have always had an interest in the titanic.

Same here. First time I ever saw that movie was when I was about 5 I think and I had no idea of what was going on and I guess that's what got me intrested in the ship. Now some people call me an expert on the thing.

Some people say the movie had a number of historically inaccurate moments. I can't say. I've never seen it…

Please don't judge me for this joke, but I just have to share it. I am aware it's in bad taste, but all the best humour is:

What do you get if you cross the Atlantic with the Titanic?
Halfway.

(Sorry. I'm having trouble quoting)
Taking the passenger's aside and hearing that joke can be humurous.

Some people say the movie had a number of historically inaccurate moments. I can't say. I've never seen it…

There have been tons of movies and tv series based on the Titanic, and from the ones I've seen they are pretty off and innacurate, but James Cameron's Titanic is the closest anyone has ever gotten historically to the ship, especially compared to other movies.
James Cameron went so far into making the ship look exactly as it did in real life, even to the point where he takes plans of the ship by Thomas Andrews measured his sets to make sure everything was identical. He even had White Starline furniture, plates, ash trays, lifeboats, etc. produced for the movie. (I know I'm a nerd, and this isn't even on my top movies list)
The innacuracies I've spotted were:
1)The scene where Rose is attempts to commit suicide; the pole where she attempts to do it did not have a light hanging there.
2)The walls in the Parlour suite may not have been wood brown.
Hmm…Ican't think of anymore. The movie seemed to me pretty spot on historically.
Another movie that was close historically was "A Night To Remember."

Ever seen the nostalgia critic. He reviews two hysterically bad animated Titanic movies. I'm not making this up! They animated it!

Ever seen the nostalgia critic. He reviews two hysterically bad animated Titanic movies. I'm not making this up! They animated it!

I seriously just laughed really hard! HAHA yeah, I have watched both of his reviews on those two movies. I took the time to watch the one where its a poor girl who falls for a rich guy. They are both awful, but the one one with talking orcas and octopus is almost beyond awful. And the rapping dog…

Look at that again…I think you meant rapping dog…