Sujet : 2013 for Ratchet & Clank. Good or bad?

Well I don't like the Xbox controller at all. The sticks are annoying the D-pad is rubbish, and the wireless controllers have this giant pack on the back which looks totally out of place.

The PS3 controllers look nicer (to me) I like the sticks way more (the positioning and how they feel) and so on…

I really hope they don't ruin it. But this is Sony we're talking about… I'm doomed.

I've played a couple of games with my mate on his Xbox and the left analogue stick is in such a terrible position. After a while it got quite uncomfortabe to use.
Plus being a PC and PS gamer where the controls are very similarly laid out, there were moments when he was crying 'hit X hit X' and I was yelling that I was, but then I realised the buttons are in a different order too. emoji So embarrasing. Then my dude got killed. I also recall they use L2 and R2 as triggers in Halo, as opposed to the (more obvious) L1 and R1.

Yes all Xbox 360 games have the triggers swapped around.

Yeah, idd. Its like the SEGA dreamcast or the Wii's Virtual controller. The button layout is very different from controllers im used too. It almost feels like pushing a door when it says pull. xP

Membre supprimé

So far it's looking so so but who knows it could change :oui:.

We'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully they bring back the future series based graphics!

Well, it starts bad for me. We haven't even gathered patch 1.04 for Q-Force, we already know Vita version will launch in this spring. I don't care actually, so I go on reading PS Blog when I see this: "On the release date for Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault for PS Vita, we will be offering Ratchet & Clank: Deadlocked for the PS3 system as a free download to all of our fans who purchased Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault for the PS3 system (digitally or on disc)." emoji So why am I angry? It's from US PS Blog. Let's see european: "We’ll be offering MotorStorm RC as a free download to all of our fans who purchased Ratchet & Clank: QForce for the PS3 system."
So, once again, americans get better stuff than us (like better cover arts, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time…emoji emoji The only thing we ever got was box version of "Quest for Booty"…

Yea that's a pretty bad start for R&C and Europe. But I'm more focused on just trying to play FFA ATM, lol. I might be able to play it (for the first time) next week!

Better coverarts? Hailz no! Its matter of taste, but its the A Crack in Time boxart that dragged me into R&C. When I was looking around RG with the boxarts, my choice was always the European onces.
But I'd still like to get all NTSC games and maybe Japanese, for the collection emoji

Better coverarts? Hailz no! Its matter of taste, but its the A Crack in Time boxart that dragged me into R&C. When I was looking around RG with the boxarts, my choice was always the European onces.
But I'd still like to get all NTSC games and maybe Japanese, for the collection emoji

I was thinking about shipping Japaneese ToD too, just to play the whole game with these uncrackable codes (Japaneese letters) and eyebrows emoji In term of cover arts, I actually like american Future boxes more. Especially ToD's one. There's no ton of drophyds and every character they could put, just Ratchet, Clank, and Metropolis (now in FFA emoji ). It was actually cover art of QFB (very similar to EU's ToD one) that made me play the game one year (plus months) after I got it (packed with my PS3). But as you said, it's a matter of taste.

EDIT
I forgot about Collection cover art - European SUCKS.

@Kubak: I know with my Region 1 version of the game you can just switch your console's language to Japanese and it will play the game in Japanese. However, from what I remember hearing, whether or not Ratchet has his silly bushy eyebrows is dependent on your console's region. Example being that if I stuck a Japanese copy of the game into an American console, his eybrows wouldn't change. But if I put my copy into a Japanese copy, it'd have the regular eyebrows It's dependent on the consoles, not the disc. This is just from what I hear though.

And to you two talking about the DualShock controllers vs. Xbox controllers, I actually prefer the 360's analog stick layout. I agree that the D-pad is less than stellar on 360 though.

Also, just as an idea for 2013 R&C, why not add more stuff to FFA's campaign? I think it'd be neat and if nothing else came out for R&C in 2013, periodic chunks of campaign stuff would make me happy. So long as I wasn't charged an exorbitant amount for the content.

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/02/14/ted-price-says-resistance-was-a-brutally-difficult-game-to-work-on-at-times-insomniac-to-continue-experimenting-with-ratchet/
Despite of bad reviews and angry fans, Ratchet is not finished yet emoji Althrought he's still a lab rat. I hope Insomniac are going to finaly leave co-op for good. In terms of gameplay, it wasn't that bad in FFA, but it's just turning "Ratchet & Clank" series into "Ex-president Captain Qwark" franchise. I want that feeling of adventure from "Future" series and even A4O back emoji And normal character desings of course (Qwark looks even more dumb now).

Oh, that great news! emoji

Then can experiment all the way. They did with my beloved StarFox franchise and in the first go they improved it. I'd like to see that in R&C too. Heb the original lead gameplay and combine it with others to create something new. And not replace the gameplay like they did with QForce. emoji

I watched parts because I saw some Sly 4 footage that I'd like to not see or hear about yet. But let them talk. They're not Insomniac, they're not Sony. Its speculation.