Sujet : Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus

Livestream was great! I reposted my question like 50 time but they finally answered it (at the end…emoji emoji

emoji What was your question?

Livestream was great! I reposted my question like 50 time but they finally answered it (at the end…emoji emoji

emoji What was your question?

I wanted to know how much of Clank will there be in the plot. Unfortunately, they confirmed there won't be that much of him since story is mostly about Ratchet. I really feel like Insomniac forgot about Clank in favour of Ratchet and Qwark… especially after they made fun of him in Gamatorium trailer emoji

I really feel like Insomniac forgot about Clank in favour of Ratchet and Qwark… especially after they made fun of him in Gamatorium trailer emoji

I feel more like they're giving him the standard "sidekick treatment", whereby, instead of portraying the character with all their original merits and distinctions, they're just being passed off as "the guy who has to rely on the main hero to do all the work", like another famous sidekick I could mention……
If this is true; I would be really disappointed, especially since Clank is my favourite character from the franchise, and I also clearly remember an interview with Brian Allgier pre-Crack In Time where he explained the reason Clank's gameplay had been ramped up so much in ACiT was because a lot of fans said they preferred Clank over Ratchet; which means that if my theory is correct, they've essentially done the old "one step forward, two steps back" routine in terms of character development.
On the other hand, they may simply be focusing on Ratchet because his story arc has more unanswered questions to fulfill…

As for the stream itself; it did indeed look very good; I especially like all the little details you can see throughout the gameplay, such as the use of Infobots from the first game and other similar references/similarities to old games!
I'm also quite interested by this "way to make the game extremely difficult", since the way they worded it made it sound like more of a hidden bonus than just another difficulty setting that you can unlock…

I really feel like Insomniac forgot about Clank in favour of Ratchet and Qwark… especially after they made fun of him in Gamatorium trailer emoji

I feel more like they're giving him the standard "sidekick treatment", whereby, instead of portraying the character with all their original merits and distinctions, they're just being passed off as "the guy who has to rely on the main hero to do all the work", like another famous sidekick I could mention……
If this is true; I would be really disappointed, especially since Clank is my favourite character from the franchise, and I also clearly remember an interview with Brian Allgier pre-Crack In Time where he explained the reason Clank's gameplay had been ramped up so much in ACiT was because a lot of fans said they preferred Clank over Ratchet; which means that if my theory is correct, they've essentially done the old "one step forward, two steps back" routine in terms of character development.
On the other hand, they may simply be focusing on Ratchet because his story arc has more unanswered questions to fulfill…

As for the stream itself; it did indeed look very good; I especially like all the little details you can see throughout the gameplay, such as the use of Infobots from the first game and other similar references/similarities to old games!
I'm also quite interested by this "way to make the game extremely difficult", since the way they worded it made it sound like more of a hidden bonus than just another difficulty setting that you can unlock…

Clank is my favourite character too. He's the most original of them all actually (personality, desing, David Kaye's voice). What I hope is that T.J. focused both on Ratchet and Clank while writing the movie. Everyone seem to adore Qwark a bit too much…

Qwark used to be the annoying bad guy. Now he's the selfish guy thinking of himself as the greatest hero ever. He's a great addition to the game, but like you guys said (and many others) his role was too big in A4O and FFA.

Membre supprimé

I like Qwark, but I'd like it more if he remained a comedic relief character and not much else. He's hilarious in the newer games.

Clank is my favourite character too. He's the most original of them all actually (personality, desing, David Kaye's voice). What I hope is that T.J. focused both on Ratchet and Clank while writing the movie. Everyone seem to adore Qwark a bit too much…

I honestly thought ACiT focused too much on Clank, I thought the Future series was about unveiling Ratchet's past, yeah it was cool to get some Clank backstory (although that computer in Quartu leaves some questions about Orvus), I feel like it reduced the ammount of Ratchet backstory in the game, the only thing he gets is "your father's name is Kaden", and that pisses me off.

Speaking of Orvus, thats why I find it unlikely this is an actual epilogue to the Future Saga. The questions that remained are way beyond just finding the Lombaxes. There's so much more to it, I kinda expect a 'to be continued' like Quest for Booty at the end.

I think all of those questions can be answered with: "TJ Fixman didn't feel like playing the PS2 games that day."

I think all of those questions can be answered with: "TJ Fixman didn't feel like playing the PS2 games that day."

Haha emoji Yeah, speaking of PS2 games, I feel like the Future Saga is somehow a diffrent world. Not officially, but it's connection to the PS2 games story is so low… And reffering to what you feel about Clank playing too big role in ACiT - it's Ratchet & CLANK, why shouldn't story focus on one of the main characters. And it was still mostly about Ratchet anyway.

It's just that I thought the story should've been distributed better, I think that ToD handled Clank's little relation with the Zoni pretty awesomly, while not detracking from what the Future series, according to Insomniac, was created for.

It's just that I thought the story should've been distributed better, I think that ToD handled Clank's little relation with the Zoni pretty awesomly, while not detracking from what the Future series, according to Insomniac, was created for.

I dunno'… it was focused mostly on finding the Lombaxes through all the ToD and ACiT anyway (QfB was indeed about shearching Clank). There's something else that I don't like about the Future series plot - it's inconsequence. Not only by forgetting about Angela Cross (did Ratchet really forget about her?), other PS2 characters and events - Future series plot is conflicted with itself. In ToD we learn that Tachyon banished all the Lombaxes. Then we meet Alister Azimuth, everyone knows him (Nefarious, Vorselon, Fongoids). And Percy didn't know about him? I don't think he would let ANY Lombax to stay in his dimension. I mean… he traveled all the way to the Solana and couldn't send his forces to Torren IV before. Other thing: "Using the Clock as a time machine would rip the very fabric of existance". What about Morklon and Zanifar? Nefarious' crack wasn't such an important change, but the Battle of a Glimlick Valley? It was sure more than six minutes travel.

I dunno'… it was focused mostly on finding the Lombaxes through all the ToD and ACiT anyway (QfB was indeed about shearching Clank). There's something else that I don't like about the Future series plot - it's inconsequence. Not only by forgetting about Angela Cross (did Ratchet really forget about her?), other PS2 characters and events - Future series plot is conflicted with itself. In ToD we learn that Tachyon banished all the Lombaxes. Then we meet Alister Azimuth, everyone knows him (Nefarious, Vorselon, Fongoids). And Percy didn't know about him? I don't think he would let ANY Lombax to stay in his dimension. I mean… he traveled all the way to the Solana and couldn't send his forces to Torren IV before. Other thing: "Using the Clock as a time machine would rip the very fabric of existance". What about Morklon and Zanifar? Nefarious' crack wasn't such an important change, but the Battle of a Glimlick Valley? It was sure more than six minutes travel.

It was Solana that Ratchet was sent to and tachyon wasnt in the Vela Sector, He was in te centre of the Polaris Galaxy, that is how he didnt get to Alister Azimuth

It was Solana that Ratchet was sent to and tachyon wasnt in the Vela Sector, He was in te centre of the Polaris Galaxy, that is how he didnt get to Alister Azimuth

Oh, yeah! I didn't know Percy wasn't controlling Breegus System. Still, he could've made a quick ride on Azimuth's hideout in Molonoth. Think of it - he could've travel to the other galaxy and invade a whole city, but was unable to reach (probably) unsecured junkyard planet?

I also seem to remmember that when Alister tells the story of how Tachyon gained access to lombax technology, he came as someone unknown to the lombaxes, but in ToD, IRIS says Tachyon was raised by the lombaxes.