Sujet : Ratchet & Clank For PS1

What IS that? emoji
Where did you get that?

I found it on Google when I was looking for a Ratchet modelsheet.

So you mean like what they did with My Blaster runs hot, or Metal Gear Solid 4?

Just so you know, in MGS4 the good guy Snake was told he had to return to the very place where he learnt who he was, was backstabbed, infected and used, all the while meeting a new life-long friend and having to say goodbye to old ones. This now abandoned island in the Fox Archipelago.

However as soon as the loading is complete it loads up the second level of the original Metal Gear Solid game, all pixely and stuff. The player can either try to get to the next area or die, which causes Snake to emerge from a dream (his face flashing from pixely asleep to HD awake) just before being dropped off at the new HD Shadow Moses Island

Something like that you mean? It would be pretty cool, they could try and freshen it up for Ratchet & Clank, or copy it and have it as sort of a reference.

Or they could just throw in an Easter egg where Ratchet has to be on PS1, in which the game just drops in graphics and controls to show the player what it would have been like.

I could see it happening. Like in a new Ratchet game in the future Ratchet recieves a call that Veldin is under attack, and he sets off and it cuts to old school loading of the Megacorp ship, and he fights a few Tyhranoids (PS2 style) in the exact level from R&C3, until getting to the ship, or the end of the level. Then he wakes up and tells Clank "I was having that dream again" before being dropped off at the real HD Veldin.

Or just a minigame in which the player finds a PS1 or PS1-like device and says like "Wow it's the original VG system! You know, I heard there were a few old Vid-comics for this thing starring Qwark… before they were re-released for the VG 9000 of course" and they play an old Qwark vid-comic, possibly based around the original (un-released) Vid-comic in which Qwark fights Blackstar. Afterwards Ratchet says "I cant believe they cut Blackstar in the remake! It's like re-writing history!" Of course it would be interesting if they made it run with very poor models or something, so that it looks a lot like it could run on a PS1.

Maybe in 'Into The Nexus'… I can't wait for that game!

I think it would be better if they made a PS2 level instead. Y'know, the console in which Ratchet and Clank debuted in.

Maybe, but it would just be awesome on the PS1! Or maybe 'Spyro meets Ratchet' emoji

Yes, but the rights to Spyro are all over the place and Sony probably can't legally mix the two without permission from Activision or whoever owns Spyro now…

Yeah, after the Trilogy² I said goodbye to the Spyro franchise. Shame on Skylanders.

Yeah, after the Trilogy² I said goodbye to the Spyro franchise. Shame on Skylanders.

Indeed!

I don't know anything about Skylanders, but I know that Mike Stout worked on it. Mike was a designer from way back in the PS2 days and he did this awesome thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK6eeS1LPFQ&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLBE216F8E761D085C. You should all check it out, it's super awesome!

I should change my line to "Official topic derailer"

Will do! Thnx emoji

Thx! Back from school, gonna watch them all!