Sujet : Is it the end of the series?

But they say it ends on PS4 so it's possible that there is only one game for PS4… emoji

Dont say such things! You'll get me panicking as well!

I think it depends on how well a new R&C game would do on PS4, with its fanbase declining in the last few years if they can get it all back and more im sure we'll see an entire new trilogy on PS4 emoji

Fingers crossed anyway!

P.S: Sorry i keep double posting without realising it emoji

Ratchet & Clank is own by Sony…

Oh right. Confused.

But since none of the news was ever commented on again, I might have ben thrown of the table already. As long as it keeps selling, there will be sequels. Look at CoD and Fifa.

As long as it keeps selling, there will be sequels. Look at CoD and Fifa.

I really really really hope R&C doenst end up like those 2 games :L

Don't get me wrong id love more R&C but i just resent CoD, Fifa and GTA :L (sorry its just my personal opnion, i know they have huge fanbases)

Membre supprimé

As much as I love my Sony exclusives, I wouldn't want them to become yearly cash-ins like CoD or Fifa…more like a few games each generation like Mario and The Legend of Zelda.

They have teased? Send me the source!

Towards the end in the last few paragraphs

We’re just getting started.

We’ve already begun expanding what we’ve begun with Fuse. Right now as I write this we’re taking the core concepts behind Fuse and prototyping new stuff…stuff that leverages this bizarre alien substance which is at the heart of the game. No, I’m not talking about DLC. I’m talking about new Fuse experiences altogether.

http://www.insomniacgames.com/games/fuse/#/news/detail/teds-soapbox-fuse-past-and-future

Thanks!

But they say it ends on PS4 so it's possible that there is only one game for PS4… emoji

Dont say such things! You'll get me panicking as well!

I think it depends on how well a new R&C game would do on PS4, with its fanbase declining in the last few years if they can get it all back and more im sure we'll see an entire new trilogy on PS4 emoji

Fingers crossed anyway!

P.S: Sorry i keep double posting without realising it emoji

We will see what the future brings… Can't wait for playing some new R&C's!

As much as I love my Sony exclusives, I wouldn't want them to become yearly cash-ins like CoD or Fifa…more like a few games each generation like Mario and The Legend of Zelda.

By those titles I meant it doesn't matter how repetitive it may get. As long as the fans love it and buy it, they'll continue. Though Ratchet has never been the same twice in a row.

They released 3 Ratchet's in 3 years. And as much as I like those odds, maybe one long Ratchet game in 2 years wouldn't be a bad idea. I miss the Future Saga days.

By those titles I meant it doesn't matter how repetitive it may get. As long as the fans love it and buy it, they'll continue. Though Ratchet has never been the same twice in a row.

They released 3 Ratchet's in 3 years. And as much as I like those odds, maybe one long Ratchet game in 2 years wouldn't be a bad idea. I miss the Future Saga days.

Would be cool if they would bring long games out again!

I hope that Nexus is coming out very soon! Then i can get my poster!
And i also hope that there is gonna be a lot of merchandising from Nexus and the movie!

Would be cool if they would bring long games out again!

I hope that Nexus is coming out very soon! Then i can get my poster!
And i also hope that there is gonna be a lot of merchandising from Nexus and the movie!

Id love long games again as well, maybe they could work on 2 games at the same time so there wouldnt be a 2 year gap.

After just seeing and advert on TV for GTA V it got me thinking i hope they advertise ItN well, i think it needs it, and it would help Sony 'greenlight' any future R&C games if it was very successful.

ToD was the only one i noticed advertised a lot, got so exicted when i saw the ad on TV for it emoji

As for R&C merchandise i never really got into it, i just got the games and that was it, no posters or figurines and those things

Ok, I'll comment on your speculations about the ending - no matter what SONY might say, IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY. If the movie will be a sucsess they'll just have to release some game, spin-off at least. And as for the PS5… I think it's the last generation of consoles. PC's are far too powerfull for consoles to survive. I know there are a lot of fans that would buy a new PS or Nintendo no matter what happens, but making a whole console just for them won't pay. So what I expect in a long future is… Ratchet & Clank: Going PC (I'm sure they'll sell the rights for all their games then, but it's so far future there's no sense in talking about that yet)!

Ok, I'll comment on your speculations about the ending - no matter what SONY might say, IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY.

And that's what I hate the most about many Sony games. Developers should make games for love, and not for money only!
Let's just hope ITN was made with love and passion and not for some many dollars!

I don't think consoles will ever die. A PC might be stronger, but most people are console gamers. Though I do fear that this will be the last generation of hardcopy games. When it goes 'download only', I'm leaving the newer generations forgood.

And that's what I hate the most about many Sony games. Developers should make games for love, and not for money only!
Let's just hope ITN was made with love and passion and not for some many dollars!

Well, Insomniacs were doing their games with passion and love so far (fortunatly SONY have some standard of quality), so there's no problem with that so far (althrough FFA is trying to prove me wrong). I meant that leaving a popular franchise would be just supid for them - I'm not worrying about the end of R&C really.

EDIT

When it goes 'download only', I'm leaving the newer generations forgood.

Well, that would be ashame. And we would have to buy a new hard disc emoji I see your point, let's hope consoles stay with us for long emoji

Ok, I'll comment on your speculations about the ending - no matter what SONY might say, IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY.

With Sony it might all be about the money, but IG arent all about money, and at the end of the day its IG making the game, they are very fan-driven, they experimented with A40 and FFA which they are perfectly allowed to do, we asked for classic gameplay back, we got it, IG always listen to fans, and i welcome their experimenting not only with R&C but their new IP Fuse as well.

Thats how i feel anyway, people say IG are traitors for doing an xbox one exclusive but they needed the money, they cant always please the fans, since they are independant they need the boost to keep rolling out top quality games for their PS fans as well emoji

Well, that would be ashame. And we would have to buy a new hard disc emoji I see your point, let's hope consoles stay with us for long emoji

Its like paying for a piece of air that can do things. I already find it cheap that most Vita games (and some PS3 ones too I guess after buyinh Fuse) don't have a manual. I already took advantage of it in a good way though. When I was on holiday in France I wanted to know what an icon ment in Assassin's Creed. So I just pressed the Home Button, tapped the manual button and just read it though in a matter of seconds. So manuals gone, fine thats okay. You'll save a total of $1 that way when mass producing a game…

But no more discs (carts), no more boxes? No more going to a store and purchase a game there, no more holding a box and admiring the boxart, no more cabinets covered in games? Thats too much to give up. For €60 you have a nice trip to a store with friends after waiting so long for a game. Asking the store owner of your pre-order is there yet. Paying and taking the little plastic bag outside. Then getting home and take the game out. Looking at the awesome boxart. Opening the case and get that great 'new BluRay' smell. Take the disc out and put the box with the rest of your collection. And oh, you'll have 20+ hours of entertainement too. It will be exchanged for turning on your console at home, downloading a game and wait for it till its 100% and then start it up. Then you have a nice new set of words on your system. And all for the same price tag… BORING. I don't want that. That happens? I quit.