Sujet : Pretty Random Movie Thread

New movie clip. It's basically a quick scene where Ratchet tells Clank what species he is and how he got on Veldin. It's a really nice, though emoji

There are also a few different "cameos" when Clank scans Ratchet.

http://twitter.com/AMCTheatres/status/725351804712546304

I like the fact that since this is a movie based on the first game that at the very least they touch upon were ratchet came from,and i love the refrences by the way

I bet it was Grimroth who gave Ratchet his name. After all, he did take him under his wing and taught him how to tinker emoji

New movie clip. It's basically a quick scene where Ratchet tells Clank what species he is and how he got on Veldin. It's a really nice, though emoji

There are also a few different "cameos" when Clank scans Ratchet.

http://twitter.com/AMCTheatres/status/725351804712546304

I like the fact that since this is a movie based on the first game that at the very least they touch upon were ratchet came from,and i love the refrences by the way

I bet it was Grimroth who gave Ratchet his name. After all, he did take him under his wing and taught him how to tinker emoji

I really like the fact that they give ratchet some what of a father figure , since we really never knew in the original series how he mange to survive for most his life on a dessert planet,its a plot hole im glad they fixed emoji

Eh…more like a cranky boss with a trouble-making teenager emoji

The R&C movie is fan-service. It was made for us. With newcomers in mind of course. But it still results in people outside the R&C community to underappreciate it.

The R&C movie is fan-service. It was made for us. With newcomers in mind of course. But it still results in people outside the R&C community to underappreciate it.

Yah I think it's going to be like teenage mutant ninja turtles movie from 1990 ,where it wasn't really made with critics in mind but instead the tmnt fan base and newcomers to the franchise to enjoy

Let's just hope the movie would turn out to be good and the "outsiders" would eventually appreciate it.

Okay, I love hate to be a negative nancy, but I pretty much saw this coming.

Ratchet & Clank's writing, in my opinion, was at its peak in the PS2 days. I think TJ's a good enough storyteller but I really don't think his sense of humour is that good. I'd say a comedy movie without a sense of humour isn't exactly a very good thing.
They also decided to adapt the game with the most basic plot in the series. It works for a video game, not so much for a feature film.
I think the movie would've been infinitely more successful if it had an original story and I don't really think fans would've minded it at all. An original story on par with the likes of ToD and ACiT would probably have been very well received.

Lastly I've seen a lot of people say that the movie is great if you're a fan of the series. While I haven't seen the movie, I can imagine that's probably because there are a lot of jokes that anyone who's not a fan of the games wouldn't get, which can be really bad for newcomers.

Of course these are all assumptions as I haven't seen the movie for myself, just something I was thinking about when seeing the movie's overall poor reception among critics.

I've also noticed these split reviews as well. Pixar and Dreamworks and what not have set the bar for animated films so high that it doesn't seem like anyone can appreciate anything else beyond that. It annoys me. Everyone is comparing the Ratchet film to the likes of Pixar. Ratchet just isn't Pixar, it's a different entity.

I've also noticed these split reviews as well. Pixar and Dreamworks and what not have set the bar for animated films so high that it doesn't seem like anyone can appreciate anything else beyond that. It annoys me. Everyone is comparing the Ratchet film to the likes of Pixar. Ratchet just isn't Pixar, it's a different entity.

I read a review that compared R&C's humor to Deadpool's humor….

Regardless. I'm still seeing the film. I saw the negative reviews coming. The film currently has a 27% percent on Rotten Tomatoes. That's pretty harsh.

Regardless. I'm still seeing the film. I saw the negative reviews coming. The film currently has a 27% percent on Rotten Tomatoes. That's pretty harsh.

dont worry it will get a little higher, and the audience will be more fair then the critics, it will probably be like the tmnt movie from the 1990 were the critics would have 40 precent on rotten tamatoes and the audience give it 80 precent

Okay, I love hate to be a negative nancy, but I pretty much saw this coming.

Ratchet & Clank's writing, in my opinion, was at its peak in the PS2 days. I think TJ's a good enough storyteller but I really don't think his sense of humour is that good. I'd say a comedy movie without a sense of humour isn't exactly a very good thing.
They also decided to adapt the game with the most basic plot in the series. It works for a video game, not so much for a feature film.
I think the movie would've been infinitely more successful if it had an original story and I don't really think fans would've minded it at all. An original story on par with the likes of ToD and ACiT would probably have been very well received.

Lastly I've seen a lot of people say that the movie is great if you're a fan of the series. While I haven't seen the movie, I can imagine that's probably because there are a lot of jokes that anyone who's not a fan of the games wouldn't get, which can be really bad for newcomers.

Of course these are all assumptions as I haven't seen the movie for myself, just something I was thinking about when seeing the movie's overall poor reception among critics.

Ah, I get your point. It could be an underrated movie, but rated high among the fans. As Heather said, it's more of a fan service, but with newcomers in mind, too. If the number of fans who watch it are high enough, I'm sure the movie would at least get a stable income. And even if the movie (hopefully not) failed, they could use the DVD and Blu-ray release as their last resort and ut will hopefully be remembered among the great movies that didn't satisfy the critics, but won the audience's hearts.

Ratchet and Clank The Movie: 6/10 - IGN….

http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/04/28/ratchet-and-clank-the-movie-review?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ign%2Fvideos+%28IGN+All+Videos%29

On the upside, a 6/10 is leaps above most other movie adaptations. One of the cons did get me thinking, though. Will people who choose to watch the movie first be confused by the, "leaps of logic" that the movie makes? Fan service or not, that just doesn't seem like very good writing..