Sujet : Ratchet & Clank PS4 - Official Thread

Wait when is the confrence

June 15th, 600 pm, Cali time.

I had a look and it seems to be 1:00 PM on a Tuesday for me. That isn't going to be very nice, because I'm pretty busy (and away from home) on Tuesdays throughout the day. I won't be able to watch anything until about 6:00 PM or possibly far later.

In a perfect world the conference would fall on a weekend.

California is 14 hours behind Jakarta, so, it should start at 8.00 here.

Watching afterwards? Never! I wanna see all the world premieres. We should do that wish-list thing again this year. I'm on it!

Well, I saw all the gameplays and I rewatched(for about the 100th time) the movie trailer from E3 2014. In the trailer, Victor(probably) uses the negotiator but in the game we have already seen a missile launcher, the Warmonger. Haven't they told that they would include most things from the movie in the game, am I simply wrong or they won't include just this one?

Well, I saw all the gameplays and I rewatched(for about the 100th time) the movie trailer from E3 2014. In the trailer, Victor(probably) uses the negotiator but in the game we have already seen a missile launcher, the Warmonger. Haven't they told that they would include most things from the movie in the game, am I simply wrong or they won't include just this one?

Well the Blarg in the PS4 footage of Gaspar are using the blaster from the first game so I think that the weapons enemies are using are other versions of those weapons from previous games so like those enemies found on Novalis will probably use the gravity bomb or something.

User image
Guess what made cameo!!!

Where is this from?? So there are more robots, both Zurkon and the ones from glove of doom. Could this mean there will be the Negotiator?

Yeah, Glove of Doom! I was afraid those little guys were gonna take a backseat to Mr.Zurkon.

Mr. Zurkon and The Glove of Doom are very different weapons. The Negotiator and the Warmonger are exactly he same weapon. There would be zero point in including both rocket launchers.

Mr. Zurkon and The Glove of Doom are very different weapons. The Negotiator and the Warmonger are exactly he same weapon. There would be zero point in including both rocket launchers.

I know they are exactly the same weapon. My point was that Victor used it and I thought they would include most things from the movie in the game. As for the glove of doom in Up your Arsenal the bots turned just like the Synthenoids from the second game. In this game as they upgrade to level 5 i don't think they will just go and explode. Most weapons have something additional when fully upgraded. So probably these bots will turn as Synthenoids. So these two weapons won't have any difference as the missile launchers.

Now that I've seen the Gaspar gameplay video I do have a few complaints.

First off, looks like nature won again. Now you're no longer exploring the industrialized sections of Gaspar, and I don't really like that. Ever since QfB R&C has never had a whole lot of industrialized planets… I also have a hunch that Rilgar won't be so much Blackwater City as much as it will be Blackwater underground caves.

Secondly is the cutscene animation. I was hoping Insomniac had ditched the Sly Cooper style of animation where characters would just stand there in their idle pose, occasionally using a stock facial expression or movement. They seem to have fallen in love with those after QfB.

Thirdly are the enemies. So many reused enemies! After the Aleero City gameplay I was hoping every world would have their own unique enemies like before, but nope. We get Sand Sharks, BTS Toads and Snappers. A bit disappointing if you ask me.

And lastly is the Jetpack. It's probably one of many reused gadget, I was hoping this game would have a bigger emphasis on gadgets, so seeing the jetpack return kind of broke my heart a bit.

And that soundtrack? Ugh…

I appreciate Bross' work, but this… Sigh… What do you have against David Insomniac?! I wont't be suprised if the movie's got more shootouts to the original game's OST than the re-imagening.

I appreciate Bross' work, but this… Sigh… What do you have against David Insomniac?! I wont't be suprised if the movie's got more shootouts to the original game's OST than the re-imagening.

Yeah, I was really hoping Bross would remix the original game's soundtrack. With how faithful Insomniac is being, I'm surprised that they decided to change that of all things.
On another note, the Jetpack pretty much confirms we won't be seeing other control schemes like Lock-Strafe and Third Person mode…