Sujet : Post-Movie Discussion (SPOILERS)

What did you guys think about Drek and Nefarious's fate? I thought that Drek's death was kind of…intense and even a little dark. I mean he spends the last moments of his life seeing the beautiful planet that he created, and then he sees the Deplanetizer beam hit the planet and it almost looks like that he accepts his death. My eyes were so wide during that scene.

And then there was Nefarious during the post credit scene. It was also kind of dark the way that the repair bots took his supposedly melted body (that's how the novel described it) was replaced by machine parts. Also the fact that he was awake as the repair bots replaced hos body parts with machine parts and kept telling them to stop. I dunno, I just thought that it was kinda dark. Cool, but dark.

Drek's demise was… shocking to me. I already was spoiled that he would get turned into a sheep (which was kind of surprising) but then getting vaporized by the Deplanetizer, especially after the scene were he's so happy he made a new (janky) planet. I kinda felt bad even if he didn't have the the strongest character.

Nefarious's last scene was kinda disturbing. I didn't read the novel before watching the movie so to hear that his body was a melted husk before getting roboticized is… well, really dark. emoji My brother and me kinda originally took it as he was damaged but falling into the Deplanetizer's core with the R.Y.N.O. had caused some sort of transformation that the repair bots finished on Umbris. Hearing that that's not the case makes me feel for Neffy even more. emoji

in R&C3, it seemed he was crushed between some gears and then somehow magically went "Shazam, I'm a robot now!"

I took that scene in the vid-comics to be that Nefarious fell into a pre-Biobliterator so that got him transformed into a robot. What does get me is that Nefarious is supposed to hate squishes and it just seems that when he becomes a robot that's when he starts to despises them… what, did he get programmed to hate them all of the sudden when he got transformed (this is assuming they will keep this part of his character in later installments in the series, it would be weird if they just dropped it to be honest). I thought the establishing scenes where he is slightly positioning Drek (an then brushes his fingers together to clean them off) or brushing dust of of Drek's shoulder showed how he is trying to manipulate him but I also took the former to be a show that he doesn't want squishes near him. That all fell apart in the scene earlier in the film where he it trying to convince Drek to use Qwark and Nefarious gets cheek to cheek with Drek, you would think this would bother him a lot…

What do you guys think, maybe it's just me that sees this as odd…? emoji

You know, I admit that there are parts of the movie that could have been better, but there is one part that really nailed it.

Ratchet and Clank vs. Qwark vs. Nefarious was the part of the movie that really blew me away. I was on the edge of my seat during that whole fight scene. I calmed down a bit when Qwark and Nefarious were bickering about one-liners, but got right back on the edge when Nefarious started firing the Alpha Disruptor. That fight scene was genuinely awesome.

And call me a wuss if you want to, but I couldn't help but tear up a bit when Qwark was about to kill Ratchet and Clank with the Tornado Launcher and Ratchet's Qwark trading card flies out of his pocket and Qwark grabs it, realizing that what he was doing was truly wrong.

Hell, the whole ending act of the movie had so much emotion in it! I loved it!

The end part where Clank has to tell Ratchet to stop shaking his hand got me right in the feels. :oui:

I think your right Evelyn, the end act probably had the strongest parts in the whole movie (action, emotion, and it just felt whole overall).

I also like the one break in the action where Ratchet heads on home after Novalis gets destroyed. Grim, who's usually pestering Ratchet, gets real with him for a moment, and jogs some memories of when Ratchet was just a kid and he stole the rocket sled so he could see captain qwark. I just remembered he had a bolt symbol on his shirt emoji

I also like the one break in the action where Ratchet heads on home after Novalis gets destroyed. Grim, who's usually pestering Ratchet, gets real with him for a moment, and jogs some memories of when Ratchet was just a kid and he stole the rocket sled so he could see captain qwark. I just remembered he had a bolt symbol on his shirt emoji

Don't forget the gap in his teeth. Oh man, I can't get that out of my head.emoji

Did any of you notice that phones there using in the movie are lip phones , paying omoge to the kinda phones used back in 2002 the same year the fird t game was released, whiv h I found pretty neat.emoji::oui:

You guys wanna know what my rating is on this movie? 10/10. I have no complaints, it captured the feel perfectly. The story was awesome and fast paced. It felt like a long Star Wars: Rebels episode. It looked great, the jokes were awesome, the references fantastic, the music amazing. I absolutely love it and I think it's better than Frozen and is my new favorite animation. Bias, bias, bias.emoji

Membre supprimé

What did you guys think about Drek and Nefarious's fate? I thought that Drek's death was kind of…intense and even a little dark. I mean he spends the last moments of his life seeing the beautiful planet that he created, and then he sees the Deplanetizer beam hit the planet and it almost looks like that he accepts his death. My eyes were so wide during that scene.

And then there was Nefarious during the post credit scene. It was also kind of dark the way that the repair bots took his supposedly melted body (that's how the novel described it) was replaced by machine parts. Also the fact that he was awake as the repair bots replaced hos body parts with machine parts and kept telling them to stop. I dunno, I just thought that it was kinda dark. Cool, but dark.

Drek's demise was… shocking to me. I already was spoiled that he would get turned into a sheep (which was kind of surprising) but then getting vaporized by the Deplanetizer, especially after the scene were he's so happy he made a new (janky) planet. I kinda felt bad even if he didn't have the the strongest character.

Drek's death was meant to be funny not dark.

Drek's death was meant to be funny not dark.

My first thought was: "Oh my gawd, he actually just died". I thought the same during my recent playthrough of R&C1. As a kid you don't think about those kinds of things, but now I realize he was actualy brutally murdered.

…but then I laughed because it was funny ^^

I wonder where does this send the Sly movie. Will it get scrapped? Will it come out with no expectations? Will Rainmaker learn from its past mistakes and prop the movie higher than R&C?
Questions, questions. I went to see the movie yesterday, and it's clear to me where people are going with the reviews. As a fan I caught some references, and generally was more hyped and satisfied with the movie. Ish.
In retrospective, I hardly remember anything in the movie put in there to convey emotions, except maybe when Nefarious pulled out the RYNO, that dropped me into sheer amazement. For four seconds, that is. I can imagine not too many people feeling the same, as the weapon itself didn't really look that thrilling. Should've been the RYNO V if you ask me ^^. And of course we didn't see it fire. Then again the effects department probably had its budget cut and not firing it was probably even for the better.
The dialogue is sub-fine, sometimes cringe-worthy and way too often unnecessarily long. When the lights go out, the "Now they killed the lights" line would work just right all alone.
I'm currently experiencing a moral dilemma. Should I recommend people to go and see it? They might not enjoy it as much as a fan does.

I'm really glad for both of the stingers, though. If the first one remains only for a game sequel, I'm okay with that. And, you know, I'm a Plumber fan emoji

You guys wanna know what my rating is on this movie? 10/10. I have no complaints, it captured the feel perfectly. The story was awesome and fast paced. It felt like a long Star Wars: Rebels episode. It looked great, the jokes were awesome, the references fantastic, the music amazing. I absolutely love it and I think it's better than Frozen and is my new favorite animation. Bias, bias, bias.emoji

Ah, and if you hadn't watched Rebels…
…you're welcome emoji

The Rangers actually remind me of the Ghost crew: Kanan is Qwark, Hera is Elaris, Zeb is Brax, Sabine is Cora, Ezra is Ratchet, and Chopper is…Clank.

So…the movie didn't do so well in America. The Jungle Book 2016 pretty much blew every other movie out of the water this weekend(for the the third weekend in a row. Disney stop.), while Ratchet and Clank was number 7 at the Box Office. At least the game sold extremely well. I wonder what this means for the Sly Cooper movie, too.

Yeah, I don't think tickets are selling too well in the UK either. Yesterday when I saw the movie, there were only a total of 9 people there (bearing in mind there's probably about 200 seats!). I don't know whether that's because not many people locally are bothered about Ratchet & Clank or whether a certain other movie is enticing people instead… (My local cinema is a multiplex with a total of 8 screens 6 of which are showing Captain America Civil War!).
At this rate, I highly doubt there will be a sequel Ratchet movie, but I think they'll probably continue ahead with the Sly movie - it has already been in production for a year or two has it not?
With that said, there is no doubt that there will be more games; I just hope that when there are, they go back to telling the main story arc rather than continuing to remake the existing games.

So…the movie didn't do so well in America. The Jungle Book 2016 pretty much blew every other movie out of the water this weekend

Yeah, same here! I'm not sure why people are so interested in this particular 'fairy tales need to grow up'-movie. Snow White 2 and Alice 2 seem to be underappreciated.

Ah, and if you hadn't watched Rebels…

…And I am most thankfull! You got me at your description of the final episode season 2! <3
And Cora definitely reminded me of Sabine. I even read the novel with her voice, because I didn't know what Thorne sounds like. emoji

You know, now that I think about it, what exactly happened to the Blarg? They all left in Deplanetizer escape shuttles and then they were gone.

Did Dallas say what happened to them in the news report?