Sujet : Post-Movie Discussion (SPOILERS)

I end up writing a review on my though on the movie on my tumblr page.

Though I really loved how Rainmaker handled Nefarious, one thing threw me off: Elaris says that Nefarious was once a Ranger before he turned evil. Why would they hire someone who's name is "nefarious"? Also, Nefarious turned evil only because Qwark didn't have enough budget to give him a proper lair. Seems kinda forced. How long before Elaris turns evil?

Though I really loved how Rainmaker handled Nefarious, one thing threw me off: Elaris says that Nefarious was once a Ranger before he turned evil. Why would they hire someone who's name is "nefarious"? Also, Nefarious turned evil only because Qwark didn't have enough budget to give him a proper lair. Seems kinda forced. How long before Elaris turns evil?

well really it's mostly because nefarious never got respect he deserved and he was constantly being insulted by quark so much it drove to being a villain

I mean I'm pretty sure he's a little insane. emoji

How long before Elaris turns evil?

I hope they don't "Penelope" her. emoji

Phew, just watched the movie. I like it! Now I can finally enter this thread safely! And for my favorite character besides Ratchet & Clank, I'd say Brax has taken the throne. I also like his attitude since I played the game. And honestly, I've never thought that Neffie used to be a Ranger.

(Anyway, it was the second time I watch a movie in a cinema while desperately holding my p*ss. The first time was when I watched Zootopia.)

How long before Elaris turns evil?

I hope they don't "Penelope" her. emoji

I like that sentence. I like that sentence very much.

Also, anka, as you mentioned seeing Zootopia at first I thought "oh, you too!?" and then I realized "who hasn't".

Hahaha, well many people liked Zootopia, Filip. And well, Elaris said that she'll never become evil, but who knows. After watching the playthroughs of Sky Crawlers, I realized that an unwritten rule in fictions is that "when someone says something won't happen, it has a high chance to actually happen."

Was I the only one who was impressed by Elaris? I thought her development would be pushed aside like Brax and Cora, but she turned out to be a very likable character for me. Also, Rosario Dawson's performance was one of my favorite A-list voices in the film, along with Giamatti.

Nope, you're not alone emoji. I also like Elaris. I like that scene where Elaris played UYA on the computer. Also, she was brave enough to fight Victor when he infiltrated the ship.

I also love else Is in this movie

Agreed, Elaris was my personal favorite of the newcomers and the most developed, I really hope they give her (and the others too of course) more development later on. I would love to get to know her better as a character and I also thought Rosario Dawson was one of the best A-list voices they got for the film. emoji

Now that I think about it, all the new characters that they made for the reboot were likable or have a lot of potential to be very good, I don't think there was one that I hated… maybe Zed was the weakest in my opinion (because he's only point was to be silly and dispense knowledge about what the bad guys are doing), but he still was enjoyably. Cora and Brax definitely didn't get the attention they should have to become more well rounded but their characters have the foundation to be something really good, I feel. And Victor, well, he was cool.

Nah, I still don't like Zed that much. He was really annoying in the game. Also, Cora was more likeable in the game. Brax and Elaris for the win!

Agreed, Elaris was my personal favorite of the newcomers and the most developed,

I agree! She was definitely the most amusing character and she had a very fitting voice actor!

I think instead of Zed they could just use Lawrence… He is one of the funniest characters in the R&C universe. And they could have him work for Nefarious and report everything Drek does to him. I'm still sad we didn't get to see Lawrence since he was working for Nefarious before he got turned to a robot and at the time he became one. It is sad that not only the plot of the movie was kind of bad but many other aspects were as well. If it was just the story but the rest were good then the movie could have gotten better reviews.