Sujet : Quest for Booty, disappointing?

This was my first ever R&C game!
When PSN went down for a long time QfB was one of the free downloads, and I thought I'd give it a go.
It got me hooked. So the length didn't worry me. Actually I was surprised as to how much there was in ToD and ACiT.

I Quest for Booty as a bonus game along with my PS3 slim

I heard rumors that Insomniac created QfB to test the new engine they had to ACiT and then released to the public to see how they would react and/or complain.

Wow I'm feeling quite Questin for a Booty todayemoji

I remember reading something like that, just can't figure out what site was on!

Problem is that it looks SOO much like ToD that it couldn't be testing the new engine much at all. I mean they left most of the textures untouched. Some of the big ships were just copy and past (with a bit of editing) look at Darkwater's ship, it's the same outline as Slag's (but shrunk a wee bit)

The Insomniac Engine 2.0 was used in Tools of Destruction and in Quest for booty, so nothing was even changed around. The only difference was that in A Crack In Time, A new 4.0 engine was used along with All 4 one.

Those numbers are inaccurate Insomniac have never named or numbered their engines before.

But you are right in that QFB was not much different from ToD, it cost them less to make (a lot less) and they got quite a good profit out of it. Which is great, because the more money they have the better the games!

ACiT was clearly quite different from ToD and QFB

I'm not quite sure about those numbers either! I just found them while browsing Wikipedia. Thing is that most people regard the Insomniac engine(s) as numbers…

It's kind of funny really, Fans are like "So are you going to use the 1.8 engine or 1.6 engine for this game, because personally I think the IG 1.8 engine needs a bit of improvement…" IG: "what is this IG 1.8 engine, I've never heard of this?" Fan: "your engine?" IG: "We have never named it, we just develop as we go." Fan: "oh"

Thats pretty much how it goes every time, I've seen it before. Though sometimes its a mod in the Insomniac's place.

Membre supprimé

Qfb was Okay but the game after QFB A Crack in time was amazing so insomniac made up for it

If anything my disappointment for this game come in a bit of a different way than you might think. For a large part of the game, you really have no weapons so the game feels like a pure platformer, which I actually really liked. Turning on the Wind Turbines, exploring Morrow Caverns and trying to get to Darkwater's treasure were the best parts of the game. So strangely enoungh, I found the combat less exciting and getting in the way of my platforming.

If anything my disappointment for this game come in a bit of a different way than you might think. For a large part of the game, you really have no weapons so the game feels like a pure platformer, which I actually really liked. Turning on the Wind Turbines, exploring Morrow Caverns and trying to get to Darkwater's treasure were the best parts of the game. So strangely enoungh, I found the combat less exciting and getting in the way of my platforming.

Yeah, same here. Actually I like the platforming best in the Ratchet games. Probably the reason why I love QfB emoji

[EDIT] Changed the name of the thread to: "Quest for Booty: Dissapointing?"

Personally I was pretty ok with QFB, sure it wasn't as good as ToD or ACIT but it was a nice little filler game i think

In terms of gameplay, it's just the best R&C game ever! Totally agree with DuncanR2N and HeatherGrace.

The funny thing is, I really like the combat in most R&Cs. That's a big part of the fun. But for some reason, I just felt like the combat took a back seat in QFB. My least favorite part of the game was the assault on the beach by the ghost pirates.

But in every other Ratchet, I really loved the combat aspect. For some reason, QFB felt better as a platformer.

But in every other Ratchet, I really loved the combat aspect. For some reason, QFB felt better as a platformer.

It had the best platforming in the series after all (thanks to Ratchet's upgraded Omniwrench).

It had the best platforming in the series after all (thanks to Ratchet's upgraded Omniwrench).

Oh, yeah. One of the best improvements I've in the series.emoji

Oh, yeah. One of the best improvements I've in the series.emoji

It's funny cause I felt that way too, but then I was thinking, well you had the tethering ability with the Dynamo in GC, but I think it's the stuff they had you do with it that made it more fun. They really didn't have you do much with it in prior games.

And its always selected too. No messing with the menu's. emoji

Membre supprimé

Anything but disappointing my friend, this game felt perfect from beginning to end, unfortunately, that's it's major flaw, when it ends you're done with it, you can't even explore previous areas, not that you need to, since there's nothing to collect, but it would be nice to at least let us do something on Hoolefar. I'd give it a 9/10 for lack of replay value (unless if playing on an harder difficulty).