Sujet : 2013 for Ratchet & Clank. Good or bad?

F them, really. You can't just and a franchise like that!
I know about 'stop at peak' or whatever, but it doesn't fit here. The only time I think you should do this is when a franchise is not as populair anymore and it had its time. Ratchet and Sly aren't done! There are billions of fans out there, are they just gonna quit after the PS4? Well, thats one reason for me to fully go back to Nintendo.
I can't get over this… never will I forgive.

Still I can't really believe it yet. Its on freakin' Facebook.

Also.. the PS4 isn't formaly confirmed yet, right? So wouldn't this article kinda do that. Makes it more unbelieveable too.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=528601860513409&set=a.179076652132600.36320.131242626916003&type=1&relevant_count=1
Sony states that they're planning on ending the PS2 classics during the PS4's life time (the last 3 lines)

Well, that's poor, but as we know, even consoles are coming to their end, so if not on PS4, Ratchet would end as a multiplatform game developed by some untalented "studio" emoji After all, it's SONY who's holding rights for the series. And as we know, they priority is money, so selling it to EA for example could possibly happen. And after all, ending series with a blast is the best way to end the series. Everyone will remember it as a great franchise with just a one small downfall.

Still I like to see before I truly believe.

I was kinda exited for FFA/Qforce, but that game wasn't really a top game to me. Deadlocked i am excited for though, but what id really love Insomniac to do; A Ratchet and Clank video game with a good long story and new cool worlds. Just like Crack In Time.

I was kinda exited for FFA/Qforce, but that game wasn't really a top game to me. Deadlocked i am excited for though, but what id really love Insomniac to do; A Ratchet and Clank video game with a good long story and new cool worlds. Just like Crack In Time.

Most us are on the same page here. Honestly if QForce wasn't a Ratchet game, I would have but it down long before I reached the end. I finished the main game once and I'm not sure if I'll do it twice.
The world were cool, yeah. Also the storyline was very vitting for a short Ratchet game and it gave a good impression of what 2012, their 10th anniversary, was like. At least on the internets. But where is that follow-up to ACiT. There are still some gaps there, not small once either. They're the kind that you keep falling into and overshadow anything else. Where are Orvus and the other Lombaxes. Not to hard to think that that is what people wanna see.

Most us are on the same page here. Honestly if QForce wasn't a Ratchet game, I would have but it down long before I reached the end. I finished the main game once and I'm not sure if I'll do it twice.
The world were cool, yeah. Also the storyline was very vitting for a short Ratchet game and it gave a good impression of what 2012, their 10th anniversary, was like. At least on the internets. But where is that follow-up to ACiT. There are still some gaps there, not small once either. They're the kind that you keep falling into and overshadow anything else. Where are Orvus and the other Lombaxes. Not to hard to think that that is what people wanna see.

And don't forget Max Apogee and Angela! :O If I understood right they are somewhere out there, doing some lombax research perhaps?

Insomniac don't want to do another future game, that's why they made ACiT. To end it. That's what they said, to end it. The Lombaxes were not found, they are somewhere out there, but they are safe, that's the point. I mean the Future series was about saving the Lombaxes, not exactly finding them. And they were saved. Ratchet defeated Tachyon, the greatest threat the Lombaxes had ever faced! Surely Tachyon could not be left alive, or else he would/could use the dimensionator to jump from dimension to dimension, just imagine what the second thing he would do after taking over Polaris would be?

The second part was about finding Clank, and concluding his Zoni part, and with the introduction of Azimuth Ratchet gets the FULL STORY of the Lombaxes and Tachyon. He also smites Nefarious and his plans to break reality! Basically the Future series is over. Ratchet defeated Tachyon; the primary threat of the Lombaxes, the pirates; the primary threat to the Zoni, and finally he Defeated Nefarious, who could destroy reality! (Zoni and Lombaxes)

The Future series ended, says Insomniac, and looking back at it, we see a great victory for the Lombaxes and the Zoni. The Lombaxes have not been found, but they are safe. The future series was always about finding out about Ratchet & Clank's past, and now that it's done, and we found out, they can continue just going out and saving the universe the way they use to, with enemies like Drek, Qwark, the Loki and Zurgo.

I thought Qforce was an excellent little adventure for their anniversary, and I enjoyed it heaps. I enjoyed it for what it was, a nice little mini-adventure that referenced Ratchet & Clank in the PS2 days.

Angela and Apogee are a bit of an anomaly, I know. We may or may not find out what they were/are up to any time soon. I will just apeciate any game they relase for what they are, new and original Ratchet & Clank titles. If they return to the Apogee story, good. But if they don't I'm fine with awesome new and original Ratchet & Clank games for the future.

The Lombaxes are saved idd, but if Insomniac really wants to end R&C on PS4, than that piece of the puzzle must be solved once and for all.. well, looking back at Sly 3 with its happy ending, it still got an unsuspected sequel. I guess you'll never knowemoji

Yes, they should answer the questions before the end, in fact I'm sure they will. But why does everyone keep thinking it's going to end with each game that's going to come out? does everyone just want their answers so they can be done with the series!? People have to remember how those questions got there in the first place, with epic, original, new games.

That's what we need. New games. Of course everyone will pull out A4O and go on about how new is bad, but I think IG realize that now, and even took a step backwards from it, making the experience in Qforce (a MINIGAME) enjoyable for booth one and two players, and giving us more traditional but improved controls (if you have a problem with Qforces controls, you haven't played it enough)

Though one thing I'll admit is that Ratchet has gotten too kiddish. When he speaks to people, he's always this perfect hero, who does everything right and has hardly any character. I liked him more in ToD, where he had these flaws that made him a more believable and interesting character.

Haha, no ofcourse I'm not saying thatemoji. But what I do want is that its not gonna end up like another series I love. A series that, too, is like a book. Only worse, since the last chapters are ripped out without any indication how it ended. Only speculation.
I don't want that for Ratchet, I want that if they truely wanna stop, than conclude the series, the story, the book.

Insomniac are smart enough to know when the series are going to end, then they will conclude it. They won't keep asking all these questions then just give up. They REALLY love Ratchet & Clank, more than any of us. They would want to see a fitting end more than any of us. It's just that they really don't like talking about Ratchet and Clank's end because to them it is like their child, they wish it could live forever, and will try to let if live for as long as they can. But at the end of the series life it will get the sendoff it deserves.

Insomniac are smart enough to know when the series are going to end, then they will conclude it. They won't keep asking all these questions then just give up. They REALLY love Ratchet & Clank, more than any of us. They would want to see a fitting end more than any of us. It's just that they really don't like talking about Ratchet and Clank's end because to them it is like their child, they wish it could live forever, and will try to let if live for as long as they can. But at the end of the series life it will get the sendoff it deserves.

Nice words, my friend.
I keep having trouble writing 'the end' and 'Ratchet & Clank' in once sentence. I keep feeling sad whenever I think about it. emoji

Though one thing I'll admit is that Ratchet has gotten too kiddish. When he speaks to people, he's always this perfect hero, who does everything right and has hardly any character. I liked him more in ToD, where he had these flaws that made him a more believable and interesting character.

So very true, tho I haven't played A4O but I've seen the cutscenes (in hopes to get some materia to edit vids from :/)

And one of the reasons I like RC1 is because Ratchet's so different on that one. Quite selfish but still at the end realizes he has to do the right thing. And of course it's cool that he has grown to be, how would I explain it a sorta guy who puts others over himself and such, like gladiator's ending was perfect example.

But I think too that they should make him a bit less "perfect hero" as you described. So that he's not just some galaxy's superhero who can do whatever the f*ck is needed. :/ More sacrifices and failior from Ratchet's side and selfiness etc. wouldn't be a bad thing and make Ratchet look a badass guy like in gladiator again, and darker tone to game. What would you think?

That could also make it more interesting to a bit older audience who now just looks R&C as a kids only game. Which is quite saddening to me. :|

And yea, I see they don't want to continue Future series plot anymore. And how could they anyways? I don't think that whatever Max apogee and Angela are up to needs to be related to what happened in Future series. Nor that other lombaxes would be a Future series only thing? And I mean that radio message about them I think is a clear hint for possible plot being made to next trilogy?

I see what they are trying to do making it more of a family game, but they don't need to change Ratchet, Ratchet was fine the way he was, he's not gonna yell at Clank and make a bunch of kids cry.

Insomniac wanted to widen the audience, so the best way to do that is to make it appeal to younger audiences, if it were made darker it would appeal to older audiences, but at the same time lock out any sales to little kids. If it appeals to younger people then anyone from any age could buy the game and enjoy it.

But if it means making the characters kind of loose their personalities, I recon they should go back to the GC or UYA Ratchet, he was pretty nice, but certainly not perfect. He was a little less responsible for everything, and did things because he wanted to, not for some annoying little kid! And he was funnier.

I don't care that much though, I just want to see more and more Ratchet & Clank!

I like that IG are trying to expand the audience base, but Ratchet has become just too much of a perfect hero since A4O. Perfect heroes are just that, perfect. They can't change, grow or develop because they're already there. Plus we prefer characters with little flaws. We can relate to that cos none of us are perfect.