Sujet : Pretty Random Movie Thread

Membre supprimé

alright. I've done some digging, and found that only popular critics (Ign, Gamespot) are giving the movie flack for things that the actually praised in the game (storytelling and characters) I've looked for reviews by average people who saw the movie, and they really did enjoy it. but, still having some flaws. I left a comment on a review for the movie saying

"a fair review that isn't just saying 'it's a video game movie, so it's bad' that's rare"

and he replied with "i wish that stigma would die too"

I'm not sure why some critics are being too harsh on the movie, i saw a review on metacritic that gave it a 0 out of 100. I mean, really? I recommended not trusting the critic reviews on this one, i've heard good things from average watchers, and fans

alright. I've done some digging, and found that only popular critics (Ign, Gamespot) are giving the movie flack for things that the actually praised in the game (storytelling and characters) I've looked for reviews by average people who saw the movie, and they really did enjoy it. but, still having some flaws. I left a comment on a review for the movie saying

"a fair review that isn't just saying 'it's a video game movie, so it's bad' that's rare"

I'm not sure why some critics are being too harsh on the movie, i saw a review on metacritic that gave it a 0 out of 100. I mean, really? I recommended not trusting the critic reviews on this one, i've heard good things from average watchers, and fans

Well, for what I put in bold, I'd say that's the result of having different reviewers. One person reviews the movie, another person reviews the game. Also movies are held to a different standard than video games. People tend to be more forgiving when it comes to characterization and story-telling in games because it's not usually the main focus. Especially not in platformers.

0 out of 100 is absolutely ridiculous, though. I hear ya on that last part. I'll still watch this movie over the weekend and form my own opinion of it. Although it may be just a teeny bit biased. :P

Membre supprimé

Well, for what I put in bold, I'd say that's the result of having different reviewers. One person reviews the movie, another person reviews the game. Also movies are held to a different standard than video games. People tend to be more forgiving when it comes to characterization and story-telling in games because it's not usually the main focus. Especially not in platformers.

0 out of 100 is absolutely ridiculous, though. I hear ya on that last part. I'll still watch this movie over the weekend and form my own opinion of it. Although it may be just a teeny bit biased. :P

I'm sure one of us will be making a thread about our movie thoughts. some of us might even make our own reviews (Nudge nudge) I'll be finding out tomorrow what my thoughts of the movie are. and if the theater I'm in doesn't boo it out XD. I'll be eavesdropping a little on the way out, just to see what other people think. my girlfriend will think i'm a little weird, but it's worth it :P

0 out of 100? That's a bloody ridiculous score. We really need to keep out of critic sites. I'm still optimistic that at least some of us would get that "that's Ratchet and Clank on the big screen!" feeling. Down with the bad reviews, watch the movie if you want to!

"But it's worse than Zootopia and Kung Fu Panda 3, this is worse than Disney and Dreamworks movies, blah blah blah…"

Hey, this is a different movie, alright. This one's based on the video game we knew since the 2000s. Unlike those Disney, Pixar, and Dreamworks movies.

i just got back from watching the ratchet and clank movie, and as movie itself i found it okay but as ratchet and clank fan i quite enjoyed it , most of the joke they tell i found pretty funny , i really love the references to other games, voice acting is pretty good with the celebrities doing a decent job,some of flaws i had is tbht i felt there should of been some more jokes and also felt generic but overall i enjoyed the movie i think you guys will enjoy it too, as a casual movie goer i give a 7/10 , but as a ratchet and clank fan i give it a 9/10.

i just got back from watching the ratchet and clank movie, and as movie itself i found it okay but as ratchet and clank fan i quite enjoyed it , most of the joke they tell i found pretty funny , i really love the references to other games, voice acting is pretty good with the celebrities doing a decent job,some of flaws i had is tbht i felt there should of been some more jokes and also felt generic but overall i enjoyed the movie i think you guys will enjoy it too, as a casual movie goer i give a 7/10 , but as a ratchet and clank fan i give it a 9/10.

If the movie dosen't have a No sheep were harmed during the making of this film Joke 1/10 IGN Rotten tomatoes

But in all seriousness since you said that it makes me think Maybe it's because The people aren't Ratchet and clank Fans and that's why they gave it low scores? Or maybe I'm just a fanboy who dosen't wat to accept that the movie isn't good……

If the movie dosen't have a No sheep were harmed during the making of this film Joke 1/10 IGN Rotten tomatoes

i think there was but that sure but i know for a fact that you will see the plumber at the very end and pretty funnyemoji

Just came back from the movie myself, and I'd have to say… it was all right. :oui:

Like many of you guys are making the distinction, fans will really enjoy or love this movie (I really had a good time myself!).
Some complaints that I have are that I felt the pacing was way to fast, constantly going from one place to another with constant scene transitions (although this wasn't that big of a deal to me, personally). I also feel that if someone isn't at least somewhat versed in the R&C universe things might get a little to confusing in the sense of all this information being presented to them at once or just not caring. The humor was funny most of the time, I found myself giggling at what they said and did but there were some jokes that were ehh…
(I think that was all I really wanted to say… mainly…emoji

Also, just wanted to point out that there is one scene where Elaris's glasses are gone then instantly back on her face in the next scene… no explanation, just gone then back…

I wanted to know what you guys thought of Nefarious emerging as a robot at the end, was it just me and my brother or was something off about his model used at the end? It looked different to me form everyone else's polished models…

I wanted to know what you guys thought of Nefarious emerging as a robot at the end, was it just me and my brother or was something off about his model used at the end? It looked different to me form everyone else's polished models…

When I first saw him I also thought that there was something odd. When he started laughing the model became much more clear. It could be the lighting since it is really dark or that he got "created" at that very moment so it took time to get clear.

how do I see the movie online ? please answer me emoji

how do I see the movie online ? please answer me emoji

Sorry, I'm not even sure if you can watch it online.

When I first saw him I also thought that there was something odd. When he started laughing the model became much more clear. It could be the lighting since it is really dark or that he got "created" at that very moment so it took time to get clear.

I didn't think there was anything weird about it. Maybe because I was thumping my friend (who sat beside me).
"Can you imagine you'd have to make a complete model for one specific 2 minute scene?" emoji

Don't worry too much if critics give the movie bad reviews, after all their opinion can be very different compared the audience's reaction. Coincidentally, NC made a video on this subject: When Are Critics Wrong?