Sujet : Similarities in the Ratchet and Clank Universe

Hey, you're right about the Eviscerator, he does look a lot like that pokeman, and even fights a bit like him too!

Membre supprimé

Here's another comparison…

Mutant Protopet
User image

The Purple Monster
User image

Why?

When I first watched the cutscene of the Mutant Protopet gobbling up Captain Qwark, I thought of the Purple Monster from the Muppet Show (the original show) right away.

They're both big, fluffy, purple and eat up anything that are smaller than them. They even have big black bushy eyebrows too.

Membre supprimé
To Tipsy: o_0 good lord! that's scary emoji

I don't blame you, that Muppet gave me nightmares when I was 5. emoji

I don't blame you, That Muppet gave me nightmares when I was 5. emoji

emoji makes me glad I never saw him at the age of 5

You were never a sidekick, you know that right?
I always thought YOU were the sidekick

Could be a reference or maybe simply a coincidence but reminds me of how Daxter always thought Jak was the sidekick

Membre supprimé

AHHH.

That Protopet and Muppet comparison really is creepy emoji

Membre supprimé

Nefarious (his pose) reminds me pose from Hulk

User image

User image

Apparently Nefarious makes some famous poses… (Scream ) emoji

Membre supprimé

What's with Nefarious trying to take on poses that already exists? He's not being too original with his shots. emoji

I don't know if it's only me that thinks of this, but I think Lucy (one of the kids from Ratchet: Deadlocked) reminds me of Pamela from Legend of Zelda, Majora's Mask… but in alien form. It's just the beady eyes, brown hair and maybe even their personalities makes me think of these two quite alike.

Eugene, Vernon and Lucy (this was the only picture I could find of her)
User image

Pamela
User image

If I was able to find another picture of Lucy in her dress outfit, I think the comparison would probably be a lot noticeable.

Membre supprimé

I just thought this was really interesting… it was posted at the Insomniac forums long ago but I couldnt find it again until now, so… here you go!

(Quoted from Kazumy at Insomniac forum) : Turbo is a foreigner that he finds a job, at the end he had a mision: explorer the galaxy and find the weak point of the Xunguis. Her fiends is Bip, a survivor robot, so the Xunguis destroid his planet.
User image
User image

(apparently, this was made before R&C came out too. And it's a Spanish comic)

But yeah, rather interesting it has a lot of similarities to Ratchet and Clank XD

Membre supprimé

Holy wow, the main protagonist in the comic does look like Ratchet.

Long ears, yellow fur, pilot suit, uses armed guns as weapons… They look both a like.

The only difference between them is the artistic style and a few small features that each character have and don't have.

I understand that it wasn't originally your comparison Tara, but it was worth showing here. And thanks a bunch! emoji

EDIT:

I cannot believe I didn't thought of this a lot earlier but do you guys think that Lord Vorselon reminds you of Kang and Kodos from "The Simpsons"?

Lord Vorselon
User image

Kang and Kodos
User image

The difference between the three that one is in a mechanical suit while the other two have tentacles.

Membre supprimé

I hate to double post here, but I just wanted to bring this thread updated with an interesting character comparison.

When I was watching the movie "the Iron Giant", I thought to myself that the character Iron Giant reminds me a lot like Clank. Even the way they expressed their eyes is almost identical.

Here are the two in blank eye expression.

Iron Giant
User image

Clank
User image

In Sad Expression

Iron Giant
User image

Clank
User image
(couldn't find a really good image of Clank alone with a sad expression.)

Haha this is a very good topic. Has anyone noticed how the Protopets in GC, look just like the Twonkies from the Jimmy Neutron: "Attack of the twonkies" episode? These aren't very good pictures, but it's the only thing I could find.

User image

User image

Those of you who already know what the Twonkies looks like, should see the comparison.

Membre supprimé

the "Robo-Wings" track in Tools of Destruction kind of reminds me of the "Troff N Scoff" music in Donkey Kong 64. Both music have the same peaceful cheery beat to it, except the track in TOD has a bit more epic riffs later in the music compared to the track in Donkey Kong 64.

"Robo-Wings" (Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM-ffWT4zA4

"Troff N Scoff" (Donkey Kong 64)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuorh_PJLsU