Sujet : R&C Fan-animation Thread

Membre supprimé

Was thinking about 'Fanimations' for the topic title but… emoji

Well here we go! A topic where you can share Ratchet & Clank Animations! Can either be your own work, or someone elses work you've found on the internet. Though I have noticed that not many R&C fans animate…in fact, I have only ever seen a few shorts from Melazzee and this other short cartoon from someone (which was pretty funny, badly drawn though XD)

As for myself, I'm an animator and I've already done over an hours worth of animation for an old favourite series of mine. And I have been thinking about doing something with my R&C fiction, in animation form. Not a full movie of course, just a sort of music video of around 4 minutes.

Download the Macromedia Flash 5 Trial here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FHV68KWL

So, got anything to share here =P ?

D'awww, thanks for that, haah XD You remembered them :P I might get back into animating again after I've done comicing and such emoji

Membre supprimé

It would be cool to see fans do more of it, but I can see why not many do. Because it is very time consuming and can be quite hard emoji but there is lots of animations from other series…

But I may try doing a few test animations and post them here, if I think it's worth it. I like giving advice with Flash and other programs too, I actually have Anime studio as well as Macromedia Flash :p

Membre supprimé
It would be cool to see fans do more of it, but I can see why not many do. Because it is very time consuming and can be quite hard emoji but there is lots of animations from other series…

But I may try doing a few test animations and post them here, if I think it's worth it. I like giving advice with Flash and other programs too, I actually have Anime studio as well as Macromedia Flash :p

i would but i cant get macromedia flash
can you give me advice about it

Membre supprimé

Since Flash is an old program from 2001… I may give it out to you guys, but only if it's allowed here (and if I can, heh) but I think I still have the trial file for it somewhere, at least.

But even though the program is old, it still can do most of what the new Flash can do emoji believe me, I know since I've used the newer ones (and even have Adobe Flash CS3 somewhere on disc… will not give that one out though) but I prefer the old one because it's drawing tools and key controls are more user-friendly.

Anyway, here's an example of how I used to animate in it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVS8TyIBncc (I can do better now, that one was rushed lol) I learned how to use it myself but there are lots of tutorials online for Flash.

Ya, I know what you mean, I had to learn myself too because my animation teacher only taught me how to insert a keyframe, and left it at that emoji

This is the only RaC animation I have at hand, and that's an old one :P http://gashu-monsata.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2x7ax8 I mean, I have more, but this is the only one I transferred to my Gashu-Monsata account right now. Can RG take flash files? We could have an animation section emoji

Membre supprimé

Heheh I havent seen that one before, I think his tail may be moving a bit too quickly but it's still not bad though =D

But hmm it would be good if Flash files were accepted here, but I don't usually post my animations in that format, since it's easy for people to exploit and get rid of watermarks.

But yeah I'm going to see if I can make any R&C animation tests sometime, I'll post them here to see what you guys think since I do need opinions and tips for my music video later on emoji

Perhaps we could make this a sticky? So people will notice it more, and want to make RaC animations, haha XD

Membre supprimé

Hmm yeah, that may be a good idea :p I'm just uploading the Flash 5 trial now, so people can try the program out for themselves, and if they want the full version… I'll see if I can get that online.

Wow Ratchet and Clank fan animations? Will be very cool to see if anyone is capable of doing those!

Membre supprimé

I've already started a short test animation for fun, I want to try one of Ratchet (once I can find a good drawing style of him, I'm still displeased with how he looks in my style…emoji but someone like Ace may be fine for me to animate :p

I can give some tips on how to do Flash animations too, the old Flash is almost the same as the newer ones so I can also give some advice for those ones.

Dammit. You're making me really want to make an RaC animation now Tara :P I might take a stab at another one, I kinda want to test out motion tween animation a bit more too. Although frame-by-frame is alot better emoji

Membre supprimé

I kinda dislike motion-tween BUT I do actually use it (well of course I have to, for backgrounds especially lol) but tweening makes a lot of things way easier… Frame-by-frame just takes so long emoji (But looks better)
but the test I'm doing will be frame by frame though… done the first frame now, but I dunno if I'll have time to finish it this week. I was teaching a friend how to do a few tricks with Flash though, even though she has Flash 8 (but they're almost the same anyways)

where is that funny badly drawn one? I know that it is a parody of the Power Rangers but I forgot where to find it… but I'd like to see what you guys are capable of doing!

Not to **** on your parade here: But what is the point of making these sort of things that are EXTREMELY time consuming and hard and tough?

(note from moderator: Dont use swearing in an abusive way and stop being so close minded in your posts…emoji