Sujet : The poll discussion thread

Adorable Toruses just have an amazing collection sound effect.

I wonder if Spherical Spheres are a reference to another game's currency?

The coins are a Sly cooper reference.
The toruses are a sonic reference.
The gems are a spyro reference.
The spheres are a Mass Effect references (i believe someone said).

The coins are a Sly cooper reference.
The toruses are a sonic reference.
The gems are a spyro reference.
The spheres are a Mass Effect references (i believe someone said).

Heck, Sly Cooper. I thought it's just a commonly used currency, but I recall seing some symbol on them.
As far as the gems go, when I selected "Rare Minerals" I just assumed it'd be rupees from the Zelda games and then didn't question it at all when I saw them.

This week's poll: Which game did Bross compose the best?

1) All 4 One
2) Q-force
3) Into the Nexus
4) RaC Ps4

Even though I have no interest in playing Into the Nexus, I gotta say it has great music. Especially the main theme. And so, I voted for ItN.

R&C'16, no doubt. Although the main themes in all 3 other games were much better imho.

All 4 One all the way - it's highlight tracks might not be as good as the ones from ItN, but as an overall score it's the most solid, most varied, most atmosphere-building of Bross' soundtracks, if not in the whole series. ItN is a close second, but just like the game, at times it's actually dark, and at times it's "uuuuUUUuUUUuUu, spooooOOookyyyy" (not) and JUST LIKE THE GAME the finale in Meridian City is really weak. The PS4 game's soundtrack is a hit-miss for me, at some points it's amazing and at some it's as bland as you can get. And at many times it's just so focused on being "dubstepy", synth, Bergeaud-like or whatever that it forgets to help build level's atmosphere (Pokitaru's not the case obviously). Basically, I'd preffer if Bross just sticked to the more orchestral, atmospheric, ambient scores, like A4O, ItN and parts of the PS4 game, because that's what he does best - leave being David Bergeaud to David Bergeaud.

R&C'16, no doubt. Although the main themes in all 3 other games were much better imho.

Actually all main themes of Bross are excellent that there is now way how to put them in order and each one matches each one of the respective games. The R&C16 main theme though probably has the best ending of them all.
As for the complete soundtrack R&C16 IMO is the best Bross has composed for. Towards the ending the soundtrack does feel a little colorless, only in Quartu and the Deplanetizer, with some exception, but that's mostly due to every planet having 6-7 tracks and the fact that the last locations feel way too fight focused compared to earlier ones to have something uplifting.

…and still no points for Q-Force? Nobody? emoji

Here's how I'd rank it: All 4 One, ITN, Ps4, Q-Force.

Kubak basically gave all the reasons I love Bross's work on that game. Q-force's music is actually good, but sometimes it's just alterations of a certain track, and at time it can get repetitive. ITN finally made use of an orchestra, and even went back to some classic-type tracks from GC or All 4 One. The Un-used ITN track was a great piece of work. PS4's track is just as beautiful, but it gets repetitive too. Certain planets stand out, like Kerwan, Pokitaru, and Veldin, while others like Gaspar, Quartu and Battalia are lackluster. Nevertheless, each track gives an asthetic that is suitable for each world.

Judging solely on the main themes my list would be:

1. All4One
2. Nexus
3. QForce
4. R&C '16

As a complete score:

1. R&C '16
2. All4One
3. QForce
4. Nexus

1. R&C '16
2. All4One
3. QForce
4. Nexus

Why no love for Nexus?

I love it, but I love the others moreemoji

This week's poll: Favorite Ship combat?

1) RaC Ps4
2) RaC Going Commando
3) RaC Tools of Destruction
4) RaC A Crack in Time

I was going to put RaC 1 in there, but I figured no one would vote for it :p

This week's poll: Favorite Ship combat?

1) RaC Ps4
2) RaC Going Commando
3) RaC Tools of Destruction
4) RaC A Crack in Time

I was going to put RaC 1 in there, but I figured no one would vote for it :p

The ship combat on PS4 was decent,but it was nothing special,on going commando is was pretty fun but felt a bit awkward to use,the best ship combat in my opinion was ACiT,I loved doing those space missions while listening to the awesome music on the space radio emoji