Sujet : The poll discussion thread

This week's poll: Favorite Ship combat?

1) RaC Ps4
2) RaC Going Commando
3) RaC Tools of Destruction
4) RaC A Crack in Time

I was going to put RaC 1 in there, but I figured no one would vote for it :p

It's a tie between ACiT and PS4, but since the only one I have ever tasted with my own senses is the PS4 one, and having the best graphics and effects, I'll just vote for the PS4.

I'm going with the PS4 reboot on this one. Going Commando felt a bit too stiff with the turning (especially during those Superman 64 bits at full speed, bleh), ToD's was pretty much on-rails, and though I like ACiT's space combat, to me it felt more of an arcade shooter than an actual dogfight. Heck, I'd still prefer RC1's ship segments if the reboot didn't happen mainly because you can still keep shooting other enemy ships until you finish the main objective (in 2 of the segments, anyway) and you aren't limited to killing a specific number of them. The reboot might only have one level that fully does that, but I still had fun with the other segments mainly because it just felt so satisfying to control.

And…ankadewo just changed his ava…again!
Also, I just got my third moon!

No you didn't. You get it AFTER 3000, not ON 3000.

I think that you'd have had more votes for R&C1 ship combat than R&C2.

I really don't find ship combat a strength of any R&C games. It's always either too finicky and awkward to control, or too simple and easy. There was very little to ACiT's combat, while R&C1 and 2 were too odd to control. For me it's between Deadlocked and Tools of Destruction. Although I found R&C PS4's ship combat quite good, It just seems like a refined version of R&C 1's combat, and still has many of the same problems with the way it feels.

And…ankadewo just changed his ava…again!
Also, I just got my third moon!

I knew you're gonna say that emoji It's that time of the year again. The constant search for the avatar that fits for the long run.

I wonder if I'll ever get to 'Sniper-club'. 10.000 posts. . . phew.

By my calculations I've got three years before I get to crack that "moon moon" joke.

Oh, right, the topic.
I voted for ToD.

Oh, right, the topic.
I voted for ToD.

Good job. That was the correct option. You win.

I wonder if I'll ever get to 'Sniper-club'. 10.000 posts. . . phew.

I only know one member who reached that number. A French member, last time I saw him his avatar was a drawing of a Lombax (Ratchet?) looking through his sniper rifle's scope.

I suppose TOD's cinematic action sequences make up for a very linear level. But ACIT still has the most expansion to me.
Ok, NOW I have a 3rd moon emoji

By my calculations I've got three years before I get to crack that "moon moon" joke.

Oh, right, the topic.
I voted for ToD.

And I've got 5 more years…….
PS4 one. They are 3D and open and expanded on they GC and R&C1 mechanics.

Well I just suppose I don't like the omnidirectional movement.
ACiT's was good as well if only a bit tedious and repetitive.

Well I just suppose I don't like the omnidirectional movement.
ACiT's was good as well if only a bit tedious and repetitive.

It does feel hard to shoot at times mostly because every one can move at any direction at any time although this was fixed in the games because in the first game and in PS4 enemies would mostly stay and fight you or in GC they would fly in front of you and they are relatively more squishy.

Finally, the last month's poll is no longer tied (ACIT won). Now for a new poll: Favorite Dreadzone Exterminator?

1) Shellshock
2) Reactor
3) Eviscerator
4) Ace Hardlight

*Eviscerator.
Had to do a double check, buh that's the way it is.
And I'm not sure with the second cap "S" with Shellshock either, but that's pointless.