Sujet : Ratchet & Clank PS4 - Official Thread

Just my 2 bolts.

At least QfB doesn't last 12 hours…

I like long games.

Darkstar is trying to point out that A4O may have been too long for what it was. We know QfB works as a long game, because we had Tools of Destruction.

Personally I really like both A4O and QfB, but if I had to chose which one was the least boring, I might have to go with QfB, because a lot seems to happen in that game. The only problem with the game was Hoolefar island, and the lack of any real economy. If QfB was expanded into a full game I'd be very interested.

Did I just hear someone saying that one of the best levels of the entire series is a problem with QfB?

I agree with Kubak.
Hoolefar was excellently designed and it would've worked great as an hub area in a full QfB.

I'm kind of on the fence about Hoolefar, on the one hand, yes, it was well designed, and yes, it would have made a great hub level - IF QfB had been like any of the other games that allows you to return to any of the previous levels at will.
However, QfB is very much a linear game, and as a result, Hoolefar seems kind of dull, especially given that when you return there to defend it, most of the island is locked off except for the beach. Imagine how cool it would have been if that level had required you to travel all over the island to stop the oncoming forces; but no, you're just stuck on the beach, repelling generic waves over and over again…

That said, if they made a game where they returned to planet Merdegraw, I would most certainly like to see Hoolefar return as a proper hub world!

I agree that the section after Morrow Caverns wasn't really the best part of the game. It does feel a bit arbitrary and I think that a small part where you have to reconstruct the village would have justified it a bit.
But, in my opinion, the first visit is so good that it doesn't really degrade from the area's quality too much.

I agree that the section after Morrow Caverns wasn't really the best part of the game. It does feel a bit arbitrary and I think that a small part where you have to reconstruct the village would have justified it a bit.
But, in my opinion, the first visit is so good that it doesn't really degrade from the area's quality too much.

I wanted to say something smart, but that sums up my thoughts as well emoji

Curious. I've got to admit I like QfB better than most other R&C games, despite it being a little short.

I thought of the first visit to Hoolefar as sort of on par with the first visit to Fastoon. They both happen at around the same point in the game, and they are intended as a break in the action and kind of ruin the pace for me.

Sure everything looks nice, but I feel it drags on a bit and is a little boring without any real combat whatsoever. That's just the sort of person I am, and I can see no one will agree with me so I'll leave it there emoji

without any real combat whatsoever.

But with great exploration, really fun platforming, beautiful graphics, catchy music and that amazing feel. It's nice to have that one level without just shooting and shooting (and occasionally jumping). In fact, I think QfB as a whole is one of the best balanced (beetwen the shooting and the other stuff) game in the entire series. That's why I love it so much.

That, and it was your first RaC game. It's what brought you hear, and helped make TIAORAC. Speaking of which, shouldn't we get back to that?