Sujet : Ratchet & Clank PS4 - Official Thread

without any real combat whatsoever.

But with great exploration, really fun platforming, beautiful graphics, catchy music and that amazing feel. It's nice to have that one level without just shooting and shooting (and occasionally jumping). In fact, I think QfB as a whole is one of the best balanced (beetwen the shooting and the other stuff) game in the entire series. That's why I love it so much.

And pirates.
Pirates are cool.

Pirates are cool. Space pirates anyway. Ever seen Treasure Planet?

Oh, yes! One of my favourite movies!

Here are a few more specific issues I have with Hoolefar. Obviously I don't get sucked into games which only provide me with "feels", so if a game has incredible graphics and music (like QfB did have). For this reason I would never play games like Proteus, I find it hard to jump into Journey (have never played it though), and my first impressions with No Mans Sky were very "Meh".

I also had a problem with Hoolefar's platforming, which I get can be an unpopular opinion (man that was totally a thread once). It was a bit slow and dull for my liking, I prefer them fast like the new Rayman games, filled with combat like the old Rayman games and Ratchet & Clank, or creative and stunning like LBP and Guacamelee.

QfB is also the only R&C game (besides A4O) that I can't bring myself to speedrun, because of Hoolefar. It takes up like an entire third/quarter of the games length.

Pirates are cool. Space pirates anyway. Ever seen Treasure Planet?

Love it!

http://gameidealist.com/news/insomniac-games-drew-murray-talks-ratchet-and-clank-ps4-resistance-and-sunset-overdrive-sequel/

The most interesting tidbits he discussed was the upcoming PS4 re-imagination of Ratchet and Clank. While the game will have the storyline of the original, he teased that Insomniac will be implementing some “greatest hits” aspects, such as weapons, from the sequels that followed the 2002 release of the first installment.

Well. Does it mean there won't be a lot of innovation on weapons ?

No. There could be old weapons, but also new weapons.

N'aw. I hoped that bumping this thread ment there was a release date. emoji

N'aw. I hoped that bumping this thread ment there was a release date. emoji

In due time. Hopefully accompanied with a trailer emoji

Does this mean they're going graphics over gameplay? Please no.

It didn't seem to suggest that to me at all. I've never known R&C to focus on graphics over gameplay, they just wouldn't work right.

Sunset 2 would be cool on PlayStation. Wouldn't be the first time a platform exclusive expands to other systems. Mass Effect, Dead Space, The Witcher etc.

QfB is also the only R&C game (besides A4O) that I can't bring myself to speedrun, because of Hoolefar. It takes up like an entire third/quarter of the games length.

Fortunately that can all be skipped by going around the barrier that separates the bay from the sea via glitching, you can find it in the WR speedrun of the game.

It didn't seem to suggest that to me at all. I've never known R&C to focus on graphics over gameplay, they just wouldn't work right.

All 4 One and (arguably) ACIT almost fall prey to this mistake.

I've entirely a confidence in Insomniac anyway. Hope old weapons won't be so numerous.