Sujet : [SPOILERS] General Movie Chat

Membre supprimé

Okay. May have just been a bit too paranoid. I was just sort of surprised there was more to see. I figured the book would only not cover a few jokes or dialogue in the film. I didn't realise it would miss out entire characters.

So yeah just for the record the cameos included in the novel were Dallas, Juanita and Neftin Prog (mentioned only).

Who do you suppose the cameos might be? I want to say the Plumber, Skidd and Al (especially since he's already confirmed for the game), but the movie could surprise us. I do know that, when I was reading the novel, at the beginning when Ratchet was working out, I thought that the fitness instructor on Ratchet's TV was Helga, which would have been pretty cool. However, the instructor was just described as a generic Ranger Trooper, and referred to by the narration as a "he," so I guess that rules her out… or does it? Dun, dun, DUUUUN!

I dunno.

I would guess those three as well. Budget wise it makes sense since we already know Al is in the game. and the Plumber has to have his scene somewhere to offer cryptic advice. But yeah what if the Solana trooper does turn out to be a new version of Helga.

Plus was anyone else surprised to read Grimroth was a Fongoid.

Okay. May have just been a bit too paranoid. I was just sort of surprised there was more to see. I figured the book would only not cover a few jokes or dialogue in the film. I didn't realise it would miss out entire characters.

So yeah just for the record the cameos included in the novel were Dallas, Juanita and Neftin Prog (mentioned only).

Who do you suppose the cameos might be? I want to say the Plumber, Skidd and Al (especially since he's already confirmed for the game), but the movie could surprise us. I do know that, when I was reading the novel, at the beginning when Ratchet was working out, I thought that the fitness instructor on Ratchet's TV was Helga, which would have been pretty cool. However, the instructor was just described as a generic Ranger Trooper, and referred to by the narration as a "he," so I guess that rules her out… or does it? Dun, dun, DUUUUN!

I dunno.

I would guess those three as well. Budget wise it makes sense since we already know Al is in the game. and the Plumber has to have his scene somewhere to offer cryptic advice. But yeah what if the Solana trooper does turn out to be a new version of Helga.

Plus was anyone else surprised to read Grimroth was a Fongoid.

I was honestly more surprised to find out Elaris is a teenager. She looks and sounds (in the game, at least) like a grown woman to me, yet she's the youngest of the Rangers, sans Ratchet and Clank, of course. Cora, on the other hand, is apparently old enough to have an embarrassing '80s hairdo. Go figure.

But, yeah, finding out Grim was a Fongoid caught me off guard, too, since he looks nothing like one. However, I suppose that would explain him apparently knowing what Zoni are ("What in Zoni's name just exploded?"emoji. Perhaps he and Felton are of some strange subspecies?

Hey guys, I'm Super Bitmap from Insomniac forums. I was one of the suckers who was lucky enough to attend the test screening last year.

Anyways…

Does the book mention the 3 specific cameos I'm thinking of? Is it too early for me to be talking about this?

Hey Bitmap. I only read Hero Time so I don't know if it's in the movie novelization.

I have the movie novel as well but don't feel like reading it.

Sorry guys, I didn't realize this thread was spoilers from the novel. I just assumed some of you guys attended the French screening a few days ago… Sorry about that!

At least I wasn't the guy who revealed Nefarious's Squishy form in the movie back before the first theatrical trailer was published…

Sorry guys, I didn't realize this thread was spoilers from the novel. I just assumed some of you guys attended the French screening a few days ago… Sorry about that!

There is no need to apologise. You spoiled NOTHING.emoji

At least I wasn't the guy who revealed Nefarious's Squishy form in the movie back before the first theatrical trailer was published…

I hate that trailer. Nefarious' squishy form would've been awesome in the movie. And that post credits scene would be really shocking.

I really really hate the company Buddha Jones (the company that edited the trailer) because looking at their website it seems they're the go-to guys studios go to for whipping up a quick generic trailer.

The reason I bring this up is because the way Nefarious is revealed in the movie it seemed like they would've hid his new appearance in any promotions. It's a real shame that Buddha Jones didn't give a crap about Ratchet & Clank and wanted a paycheck from Focus. I was really looking forward to you guys finding leaks of Nefarious being a squishy. emoji

I really really hate the company Buddha Jones (the company that edited the trailer) because looking at their website it seems they're the go-to guys studios go to for whipping up a quick generic trailer.

The reason I bring this up is because the way Nefarious is revealed in the movie it seemed like they would've hid his new appearance in any promotions. It's a real shame that Buddha Jones didn't give a crap about Ratchet & Clank and wanted a paycheck from Focus. I was really looking forward to you guys finding leaks of Nefarious being a squishy. emoji

I don't really see what the issue is. It's not like Dr. Nefarious being a squishy is some big twist in the context of the movie.

But it would've made for a great reveal.

But it would've made for a great reveal.

I'm personally glad it was revealed in the trailer, honestly. I would have hated to go and see the movie and be ambushed by squishy Nefarious when I was expecting his iconic robotic form. Since I know he's a squishy here, I was able to adjust my expectations and mental imagery accordingly.

Membre supprimé

I'm with Bitmap. It would have been great to see his squishy form as a surprise. And thanks for understanding Bitmap, I know you must be anxious to talk about the movie by now.

Paul Giamatti's performance as Drek is amazing. Not even exaggerating. The new redesign fits the new personality and voice.

Paul Giamatti's performance as Drek is amazing. Not even exaggerating. The new redesign fits the new personality and voice.

wait did you watch the movie

wait did you watch the movie

He has been one of the few that got lucky and got to watch the movie in the last year's February test screening with Insomniac!

how was the movie