Sujet : Are you a fan of Spyro the Dragon?

I REALLY want to play Spyro (PS1) But Sony can't get their darn network together, and those of us in New Zealand (and probably other countries too) can't get Spyro. My PSP is in dire need of more games… And I want to further support Insomnaic's epic line of games.

If you don't mind second hand games there are pleanty of Spyro games on trade me.

I REALLY want to play Spyro (PS1) But Sony can't get their darn network together, and those of us in New Zealand (and probably other countries too) can't get Spyro. My PSP is in dire need of more games… And I want to further support Insomnaic's epic line of games.

If you don't mind second hand games there are pleanty of Spyro games on trade me.

yea, that will solve the Spyro problem I suppose, but still, I would like to play them on my PSP. But then the worlds not perfect emoji

I've beaten the first four Spyro games to 100% aside from a few Skill Points in Spyro 2 and 3. I still really don't get why Spyro 4 was hated so much… Other than load times being horrible, there wasn't anything really bad about it. It played just like a Spyro game and I think it had just as much, if not a little less charm than the other games. But I haven't played any of the other Spyro games.

And Insomniac didn't sell Spyro. They never owned the games in the first place. The had a contract with Universal and their contract ran out. They could've made more, but then we might not have our fuzzy Lombax friend and his little robot buddy.

Hello everyone!

I'm a huge fan of Spyro, I have played all of them (except skylanders)and I almost own all the games.
Of course, Insomniac Games delivered us 3 amazing games, but, as a new console came, IG wanted to do games directly to Sony, so they moved on leaving Universal behind (who own the rights).

Universal wanted a Spyro game on the 2002's Christmas Eve, so 2 developers make Spyro: Enter the dragonfly, but the time was short and they delivered us a flawed game. By the end, the Spyro fans were disapointed and they moved on with other franchises.

In mid 2004 a new Spyro came along and that game was very cool with some inovations. But by the end of the day, nobody cared.

So, Sierra wanted a complete reboot, and with that came The Legend of Spyro Trilogy.

LoS: A new beginning was a good start. It has great graphics, good OST, good characters and some gameplay inovations. But Krome made a huge mistake, and that was… where's the platforming? 90% of the game was combat, and by the end of the day, it became a repetitive experience.
If Krome Studios had made that game with a nice balance between Platforming and action, it could have been a good game. But that didn't happen.

A year later Krome did LoS: The Eternal Night. They listened to the fans and made the 2nd game more pleasant by delivering more platforming and puzzle solving. Neverless they made the game so hard that it became a frustrading experience. That's a shame, because LoS: Eternal Night is a good game.

Krome Studios was disapointed with The Eternal Night had become, so they delivered the task of making LoS climax with Étranges Libellules (but the story was made by Krome).
The french team made a fresh new experience based was Krome Studios made with LoS 1 and 2. Spyro and Cynder now can explore vast cenarios anda fly everywhere and anytime. And that's where the flaw is… the flying mecanic is so lame that became one of the lowest points of the game, and the combat moves of Spyro where more hard to perform.
It was a good game, but it could have been better.

The Legend of Spyro to me, in terms of design, was very good. I loved the new look of Spyro and the other characters. Gameplay wise, it had some good ideas (breath upgrading, combat), but in general was uninspired.

I've never been into Spyro. I like 'Heroes Tail' a lot, but never played it that much. I'm more a Crash Bandicoot person :P

Nobody liked The Legend of Spyro? emoji
Tell us your opinion about this reboot…

User image

I played and got 100% in Spyro 1 now. Good game.
I'm just getting into Spyro 2 now, and besides the fact the cinematics have no audio, it's allright.

Wish I could have it on my PS3/PSP though emoji

Nobody liked The Legend of Spyro? emoji
Tell us your opinion about this reboot…

I saw some screenshots and stuff from Dawn of the Dragon (PS3). I think that that game might change my opinion. But I need to have it firstemoji

You need to play A new beginning and The Eternal Night first because of the storyline.
When I bought A Dawn of the Dragon in 2009, I didn't know they did a reboot and I was lost with the storyline. (at the time the last spyro I played was Spyro 3)

Here's a trailer from Legend of Spyro: A new beginning

Membre supprimé

I only played the demo of Spyro 3emoji, but for a demo the game was awesome.

It's not a game I've tried, but if a PS3 remake came out then I'll be sorely tempted. I've heard the first ones were good.

Membre supprimé
I played and got 100% in Spyro 1 now. Good game.
I'm just getting into Spyro 2 now, and besides the fact the cinematics have no audio, it's allright.

Wish I could have it on my PS3/PSP though emoji

Are you playing on your PS1? You can play PS1 discs on a PS3.

You need to play A new beginning and The Eternal Night first because of the storyline.
When I bought A Dawn of the Dragon in 2009, I didn't know they did a reboot and I was lost with the storyline. (at the time the last spyro I played was Spyro 3)

Thnx for the heads up!
I'll see if I can get A New Beginning on GC and Enternal Night on PS2 emoji

I've never played at any game of this series. Sorry to say, but still I'm not interested with itemoji.
If you gotta know why, you should check out my profile - The answers re there, already;P!
emoji

I've never played at any game of this series. Sorry to say, but still I'm not interested with itemoji.
If you gotta know why, you should check out my profile - The answers re there, already;P!
emoji

Cause you only play 4 franchises, I checked ^^
Still I think you should try a Spyro. You might like it!