Sujet : The Last of Us - Official Thread

I think there probably is.

You're saving up for GTA IV or V? Because IV is pretty cheap right now (it also pales in comparison to V).

IV is somewhat one of the worst GTA's, it's lucky that it's got 1, 2 and San Andreas to not be the worst.

If I recall correctly, San Andreas was a very popular GTA. I had and liked playing San Andreas.

If I recall correctly, San Andreas was a very popular GTA. I had and liked playing San Andreas.

Thee only thing I liked about San Andreas was it's city. Other than that, I'd put Vice City, 3 and V over it anyday.

I've played Liberty City on PSP for a few minutes and quit because it wasn't my thing. So I go that going.

Never played Vice City or GTA III actually (barely played SA too). The only ones I really put any time into were IV (I did cheat near the end for armour and health) and V. GTA V is my favorite.

But this is about TLoU. A game I've never played before. Maybe someday I will. Its Naughty Dog after all.

Hate to double post but…

I just finished this game and I have to share my thoughts in a spoiler box that no one should ever click if they haven't already seen the game to the end!

It annoys me that after all this time Joel would end up murdering all of the fireflies and taking off with Ellie. I mean the game has been such a crazy ride and me and my brother (who watched the whole time) totally enjoyed it, but I would have liked it better if there was just a little bit of reasoning. I don't know what a sequel might look like, but Joel has turned into a pretty crazy person. The way he ruthlessly kills people even after they tell him what he wants. It's like the exact opposite of inFamous. But I guess it is interesting playing as a sort of anti-hero.

Overall I'd put it as the most realistic game I've played and in my top 5 for favorite stories and graphics, but in terms of gameplay I have mixed feelings, so I won't be able to say for sure until I've done New Game Plus.

I think there probably is.

You're saving up for GTA IV or V? Because IV is pretty cheap right now (it also pales in comparison to V).

I want to buy V, but because IV is a lot cheaper, I don't know what I have to buy…

and @Heather, I hope that there is coming a PS4+PSV pack!

I love the ending for it did everything right that Mass Effect 3 and its notorious ending did wrong in a way. Now if you haven't heard about the notorious ending of BioWare's ME3, in short: its really, really bad and fur of holes in its own mythology.

However: (spoilers Last of Us and InFamous 2)

As the player of TLoU you should have fallen in love with Ellie. The player knows that if he/she had to sacrifice her and save the earth with it, that would be the reasonable choice, not the prefered one. In InFamous 2 you get to choose between killing Cole and pretty much safe the day, or kill everyone without super powers. I never played it, but usually I don't really want to kill the character I'm playing as or killing any other char I like. But still… I would have let Cole die a hero. TLoU doesn't put you in this position. It rather gives you what you secretly want more: Ellie to be safe.

Ratchetruler, I think you're missing the point

At this point, Ellie meant everything for Joel. He lost his daughter, he may have lost his wife, he lost Tess. Ellie is the only person who he loves right now, he is no Cole McGrath who had to do the right thing because he was a super human. Joel has emotions, real emotions. If you were in his place and the only family you had left needed to be sacrificed in order to save humanity, would you allow it? I know I wouldn't.
Ratchetruler, I think you're missing the point

At this point, Ellie meant everything for Joel. He lost his daughter, he may have lost his wife, he lost Tess. Ellie is the only person who he loves right now, he is no Cole McGrath who had to do the right thing because he was a super human. Joel has emotions, real emotions. If you were in his place and the only family you had left needed to be sacrificed in order to save humanity, would you allow it? I know I wouldn't.

And that's why I think the end is so beautifull…

There are some rumors about TLoU 2, and if they are realy, then that would be really nice! But my question is, what the hell is the story going about, cause at the end of TLoU 1, it was a real ending, I don't know what else can happen? Do you guys have any idea?

PS: Someone else who's going to buy Left Behind DLC?

Think I'll wait for a GOTY edition.

TLoU 2 sure could happen. Not sure if they will feature Ellie and Joel again.

I understand that Joel has emotions and I totally saw how hard it was for him, it's a very realistic ending for sure.

But it is annoying that he can't stand back and look at the big picture, really he's thinking of himself when saving Ellie, shes the only person he has left and because he doesn't want to be any more hurt he takes her back, killing a whole heap of fireflys (which makes sense) and doctors (which doesn't make sense) on the way.

I guess when I think about it there is no way he would sacrifice her after all they'd been through, even if it would save millions of people and possibly restore civilisation as a whole.
Well, let's think about something: At this point, if you were not infected, you were a cannibal or just full-out crazy. They could cure some the infected by sacrificing Ellie, but what about the other people? I don't think they could be saved, and Joel knew this.
There is no doubt there would be some serious loss and wars before things could be normal again, but after enough time one of the groups would become strong enough to come out on top. And fortunately the cannibals and crazies would be very unlikely to come out on top, because they are incapable of coming together and planning for the future.

But I guess as long as the infected don't spread out too fast they may be able to find another way to cure infected people otherwise everyone would just slowly turn.
I think we've strained a bit too far from our original discussion, so I guess I'll just say that Ellie probably wouldn't want to be sacrificed, I know that Marlene makes a big deal about weather or not Ellie would want for Joel to rescue her, but it's pretty obvious that she'd want to, at least based on her personality throughout the game and what we've been shown of Left Behind. Put your 14 year old self on Ellie's shoes, would you rather die to start a war over what's inside you, potentionally wiping out 50% of who you wanted to save, or live a decent life with the closest thing you've got to a father in a post-apocalyptic world?