Thread: Wii U

So!

The name and the look of the new Wii has been finally announced!
See here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/jun/07/wii-u-nintendo-games-console

I saw the trailer for it during E3, but I can't find it anywhere right now to link.

What are your thoughts on this new Wii? I think it looks pretty awesome, although I'm not too keen on the name. It's really really gimmicky, but when is Nintendo not gimmicky? :P
I bet it'll cost a bomb though.

Thoughts?

It got my intrest. That's all I have to say.

Same here. I wonder if it'll surpass the Xbox? I heard something about them trying to put more games on there aimed at more "hardcore gamers", so it may do :P

they have the games they said for the xbox and ps3 is now for it as well

Deleted user

When I first heard that Nintendo named their new console "Wii U", I immediately thought of this.

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist - Weuweuweu

But moving on, I'm quite interested in Wii U. Not sure if I'll get it right away though, but I'll see once more "hardcore" titles comes out on the system. emoji

Deleted user

By hardcore don't they mean FPS? If so………

"I WILL NOW CRY AND GO INTO MY DEPPRESSIVE CORNER BECAUSE THE SHOOTERS HAVE WON. NO MORE AWESOME RPGS OR PLATFORMERS ANYMORE!!!!! WHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!"

I would like a new paper mario. XDDDDDDDD And if they're only going to do this hardcore crap, i will be very sad- and does it have the gamecube compatibility? What about the shop channel? emoji i dunno……….. i really dunno what to think of this, but lemme state my FIRST THOUGHTS on it:

"THE WII IS THE WII. YOU CANNOT RECREATE THE WII."

I personally lost all respect for nintendo after the Wii, i loved the N64 and the Game Cube but when the Wii was first announced, i took one look at it and thought "meh" not even a park of interest, and now with the Wii U, it's a still major meh to me, so that my opinion on it

When I first saw the Wii U,I was both interested and confused.I was confused because I was wondering if that's all it is.A giant controller with a screen on it.And it was announced as a home console.

There is actually a console with the Wii U, but they never showed it in the trailer. It's basically a chunkier version of the current Wii :P

Deleted user
By hardcore don't they mean FPS? If so………

"I WILL NOW CRY AND GO INTO MY DEPPRESSIVE CORNER BECAUSE THE SHOOTERS HAVE WON. NO MORE AWESOME RPGS OR PLATFORMERS ANYMORE!!!!! WHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!"

I would like a new paper mario. XDDDDDDDD And if they're only going to do this hardcore crap, i will be very sad- and does it have the gamecube compatibility? What about the shop channel? emoji i dunno……….. i really dunno what to think of this, but lemme state my FIRST THOUGHTS on it:

"THE WII IS THE WII. YOU CANNOT RECREATE THE WII."

Not everything "hardcore" has to be a FPS. I meant that Wii U will possibly have third party titles that are actually good to play through. Sure there are some good third party games for the Wii such as Okami, Epic Mickey and Mad World, but majourity of third party games for the Wii are pretty mediocre to downright terrible.

By the way, you didn't hear the announcement for the new Paper Mario game coming out for the 3DS? emoji

By the way, you didn't hear the announcement for the new Paper Mario game coming out for the 3DS? emoji

Ah, I didn't watch all of E3, it was my boyfriend who watched it :P I just perked up when I heard Insomniac Games, and the Wii 2.

I've never played Paper Mario before LOL.

Deleted user
I've never played Paper Mario before LOL.

If you are into Mario in an RPG kind of experience, you might find the Paper Mario series to be enjoyable. I sometimes think the storytelling in RPG Mario games are quite unique than the same concept of saving the princess from Bowser in every platformer adventure Mario game. emoji

Even if everyone is fond by the traditional Mario gameplay of going from point A to point B in a level, but I do have to admit the concept of saving Princess Peach all the time is starting to get old. But I guess that's one of the charms in the Super Mario franchise. emoji