Thread: Poor Scores for Duke Nukem Forever

Deleted user

The long anticipated Duke Nukem Forever grabbed really poor scores on its release today.

Here are the following scores I've seen so far with the latest Duke Nukem game:

Gametrailers - 5.4/10
Gamefly.com - 2/10
Gamespot - 3/10
IGN - 5.5/10

I had this feeling Duke Nukem Forever wasn't going to be this game of 2011. The game dealt with so many difficulties in development for almost 13 years and I could see why it isn't up par with other shooters out there. Seems like reviewers weren't impressed with DNF, but fans of the franchise are happy they got a new Duke Nukem game and ignore most of its flaws.

Anyone who is 18 and older and are into Duke Nukem, will you guys get this game despite the bad and mediocre results from game reviewers?

I've never played any Duke Nukem, and have no knowledge of it other than the previews I've read in GameInformer, but it kinda caught my attention. Most reviews say the game serves only as a fun dip into the nostalgia bucket for Duke fans, but there is no nostalgia for me connected to the game. It's a shame it got such poor reception - it looked like it had potential.

Deleted user

Ouch, my brother is going to get a sting from seeing those review scores… XD He's a big fan of Duke Nukem, and was looking very forward to the release of this game.

But as for myself, I'm not a fan of it anyway (not into Adult nor first person Shooting games). But I did find Duke's quotes pretty funny when I heard them during my brothers gameplay but that's about it.