Thread: The Rip Off: Ruff Trigger

Just wondering as anyone played this game, Ruff Trigger? The blatant rip off of Ratchet and Clank? It was released on the PS2 in 2006 I believe as a budget title. Anyway curiosity got the better of me, so I bought it on the cheap.

It arrived today…ready to face the horrors I popped it into my PS2 and began playing, to actually be surprised that it wasn't that bad. It's not good, but it's not bad, it's pretty middle ground.

The music is pretty good, the style isn't too bad considering it's a budget title and the game has a lot to offer just like Ratchet and Clank. The main things that are dragging it below is the god awful aiming/weapon system, voice acting that makes Resident Evil 1 look amazing and lack of ammo or originality.

Shame, because it seems it's a wasted game.

Anyway I thought I would post my thoughts, and ask you if you've played the game?
-Sinclairian

( And if any of you want to see footage, 'ere is a youtube clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBQrR9rfFbc )

You can totally tell its a Ratchet and Clank rip off :P

The maps directly remind me of R&C maps and the character seems to be able to turn into a dark jak like thing? He even does the same type of attacks!

The guns are exactly the same too! Im surprised he doesnt have a wrench…

Deleted user

In all honesty, this game feels like it stabbed both Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter and Star Fox in the back and call itself original. For shame! emoji

I do agree with Sinclair the music is pretty good in Ruff Trigger. However, the voice work, game layout and other items/elements are quite unoriginal and outdated for it's time today.

Oh by the way, do you think we should mention other games that are Ratchet and Clank rip offs? I remember seeing a Wii game from a review not too long ago that looked like a huge rip off of R&C. If I could remember the title of the game, I'll definitely post it in this topic.

i guess we could interpret it as Ratchet and clank is such a good game series that it inspires others emoji

to copy it…

Deleted user

Just today, I spot Ruff Trigger at EB Games for almost two bucks.

I wonder if it's worth two dollars to play the game?