Thread: PS3: "Michael" Long Live Play Commercial

Deleted user

Has anyone seen this latest PS3 commercial yet?

I just watched it today and I find it to be one of Sony's finest commercial ever for the PS3. Normally I hate the commercials that Sony would advertise for their games these days, but this one however plays a huge homage to their mascot exclusives.

If you haven't seen the video yet, click on the video link below, and I bet you'll be amazed by it.

"Michael" - PS3 Long Live Play - Full Length

So, no love for Kevin Tipsy? emoji

On topic: I saw this earlier and it's a fantastic ad. I hope to see more like this in the future.

Deleted user

On topic: I saw this earlier and it's a fantastic ad. I hope to see more like this in the future.

emoji I don't mind Kevin. He is funny in some of the PS3 commercials, but I kind of got tired of him when Sony used Kevin constantly in many of their exclusive ads. At around mid 2010, I just didn't care too much about the guy.

I agree. While watching this ad, I was thinking of another game console that quite had the same concept commercial as the PS3 one did. Does anyone remember the Sega Dreamcast commercials?

Sega Dreamcast Commercial # 1

Sega Dreamcast - Sonic Adventures Commercial

emoji I don't mind Kevin. He is funny in some of the PS3 commercials, but I kind of got tired of him when Sony used Kevin constantly in many of their exclusive ads. At around mid 2010, I just didn't care too much about the guy.

I agree. While watching this ad, I was thinking of another game console that quite had the same concept commercial as the PS3 one did. Does anyone remember the Sega Dreamcast commercials?

Sega Dreamcast Commercial # 1

Sega Dreamcast - Sonic Adventures Commercial

OMG YES!

Oh Nosagia, how I love thee…

(PS: I kinda agree with you about the ads getting scale after a while, still love the character neither the less. Good thing we have a new ad campaign though.

Deleted user

LOL that was brilliant emoji just had a chuckle at it after work, a really cool advert indeed! Funny seeing Ratchet there too XD

Epic ad. Live action Snake was a nice touch. I saw Ratchet in there too.

…but not Jak and Daxter…

Deleted user
Epic ad. Live action Snake was a nice touch. I saw Ratchet in there too.

…but not Jak and Daxter…

Live action Snake looked cool, but I also think live action Cole McGrath and Nathan Drake were done amazingly in the commercial too.
I was quite afraid that Ratchet wasn't going to appear in the ad, but thank goodness Sony added him there.

As for Jak and Daxter, they haven't got a game out for the PS3 still, which could be the reason why they weren't added in the ad. Same goes with Sly Cooper. You could make an argument as to why Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal (the creepy clown dude with the flaming head) was in the ad if there is no Twisted Metal game for the PS3. However, from what I heard online that a new Twisted Metal game is coming out for the PS3 either later this year or early next year.

wheres ratchet? ive watched it like 5 times and cant find him haha

Deleted user
wheres ratchet? ive watched it like 5 times and cant find him haha

Just when Ezio from Assassin's Creed begins to speak, that's when you will see Ratchet.

thanks