Thread: OUYA - 99$ Android Console

User image

The Ouya , stylized OUYA, is a microconsole running its own version of the Android operating system, developed by Ouya Inc. Julie Uhrman founded the project in 2012. Development was funded via Kickstarter, raising $8.5 million and becoming the website's second-highest-earning project in its history.

The console was released to the general public on June 25, 2013, and features an exclusive Ouya store for applications and games designed specifically for the Ouya platform, of which the majority are casual games targeted at or used by a mass audience of casual gamers. Out of the box, Ouya supports media apps such as Youtube, TwitchTV and XBMC media player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUI0smiApYY

With an OUYA anyone can make a game because every OUYA console is a dev kit. No need to purchase a license or an expensive SDK. It's built on Android and supports a ton of engines. Go ahead and create the next big title in your bedroom – just like the good old days!

Oh… hum… good going OUYA?

Obviously
Up
Your
Arsenal
… sorry…

:s

Well I don't really care, the OUYA isn't that good in my eyes. It's just a cheap computer with a console design so it looks "new". I doubt it'll last any longer than a few months.

It's great for game design students, such as myself. But for the consumer… meh.

I'd also like to mention that it supports emulators… huh…

PC supports emulators.

PC supports emulators.

PCs aren't made by only one company.

Yet pretty much everbody has one, so easy acces to an emulator already exsists. I don't think it's going to be a system seller for the OUYA.

Yet pretty much everbody has one, so easy acces to an emulator already exsists. I don't think it's going to be a system seller for the OUYA.

I meant that the fact it had Emulators was a negative.

Oh, sorry. I thought you were possitive about it.