Thread: What we DON'T want to see in R&C PS4

But I think Clank will say stuff like "According to my calculations…" and so on.

But I think Clank will say stuff like "According to my calculations…" and so on.

Let's hope it'll be more than just that…

OP Updated. :oui:

Oh yeah, forgot about +1 for no 30 FPS.

Oh yeah, forgot about +1 for no 30 FPS.

Or a constant 30 fps instead of sub-30 fps. It seemed to work for All 4 One and Sunset Overdrive.

What do these FPS stuff mean? Can someone explain?

It means 'frames per second'. Basicly it means how smoothly a game runs. 30 is pretty much normal and 60 is what people want most.

Squint your eyes and try to compare:
User image

I'm not really a frames junky. As long as it doesn't turn into lag I'm totally fine with it.

Oh, okay. Thanks! emoji

Could I +1 'Places that only can be visited once.'

I hope there are plenty of collectables/skill points but one thing I don't want is gold/platinum bolts that are easy to find (I enjoy searching for them, e.g. in secret locations, hard to reach areas or hidden behind destructible walls, as opposed to just 'turn the camera round' to find them).

Turns out that love interest is the most unwanted thing in the re-imagining/movie emoji

Yea, he's too young for that in the game and movie.

It means 'frames per second'. Basicly it means how smoothly a game runs. 30 is pretty much normal and 60 is what people want most.

Squint your eyes and try to compare:
User image

I'm not really a frames junky. As long as it doesn't turn into lag I'm totally fine with it.

Or sound lag. An FPS on an FPS! emoji

Seconded x1000 on the lag issues. My DLC copy of tools of destruction has horrible lag in the cutscenes and during saving.

Yea, he's too young for that in the game and movie.

Bingo.

Unlike some on here I have no problem with Ratchet developing a "love interest" - eventually.

Making it happen when he's supposed to be 15 ain't it. Especially if it's just a cheap gimmick by a production company to bring the kiddies in, or make the story more "complete" (read: generic and cheap).

I also can't see the series keeping its mojo if Ratchet is tied down in a serious relationship with anyone. Half of the humor lies in innuendos which can work just fine if Ratchet's free to joke and flirt, making him someone's mate would kill alot of the funny or make viewers/players dislike him.

I agree with everything you guys mentioned so far. But I would like to give a big +1 for anti-romance.

As to bringing weapons from the future series into the new movie/game, I don't really mind. It's not as if it affects the plot in any way whatsoever. As long as they make a selection, keeping only what's best. I like the Cumbustor, it's good to have a standard gun at hand (well… one that shoots flaming acid or whatever). For example, one thing that seemed completely useless to me, was the Dynamo of Doom from ACiT. It was added to the game only to show off the SIXAXIS system and I might say it's my least favorite weapon from the whole series. So, I don't want anything like that… Let's hope there will be no weapon designed specially for using the touchpad!

@ straightcutgears. Yeah sound reasoning, and it seems that most people here have similar feelings about this!

As to bringing weapons from the future series into the new movie/game, I don't really mind. It's not as if it affects the plot in any way whatsoever. As long as they make a selection, keeping only what's best.

I agree with this, I for one certainly wouldn't have any issue with old weapons being brought back into play.

It would be nice to have quality over quantity when it comes to weapons and their design, hopefully avoiding the really gimmicky/pointless ones as you mentioned. So:

Let's hope there will be no weapon designed specially for using the touchpad!

+1