Thread: Missed RaC Opportunities

i think insomniacs made ratchet to serious and it kinda makes the game a bit boring, clank has lost his personality too because clank used to laugh at his own jokes witch actually made me laugh at him but i dont know weather insomniac made his personality change like that because of what happend to Orvus, did anyone else notice this because i did on into the nexus, when Cronk and Zephr died clank wasnt really bothered but usually he isemoji

Well I guess humour is subjective and maybe I'm looking at everything through rose tinted glasses as I've spent a fair portion of my last 11 years gaming playing R&C. I've never really been that disappointed by an R&C game, maybe I should be a it more harsh! I don't know, but I did find all the scenes with Ratchet & Qwark during ACIT to be entertaining, especially at the Battleplex and the Nefarious Space Station. Also liked some of the minor charecters such as Mac and Jarvis. I don't know, I've never played an R&C game and not laughed and that's good enough for me!

i think insomniacs made ratchet to serious and it kinda makes the game a bit boring, clank has lost his personality too because clank used to laugh at his own jokes witch actually made me laugh at him but i dont know weather insomniac made his personality change like that because of what happend to Orvus, did anyone else notice this because i did on into the nexus, when Cronk and Zephr died clank wasnt really bothered but usually he isemoji

I agree with that: PS2 Clank used to have emotion, and humor. Since A40, he hasn't been interesting, which worries me how TJ fixman will handle this guy in the Movie.

Calm down, he left IG. Let's be positive on the new writer(s).

Calm down, he left IG. Let's be positive on the new writer(s).

Well, he left IG, but he still wrote the Movie/ps4 game.

I agree with that: PS2 Clank used to have emotion, and humor. Since A40, he hasn't been interesting, which worries me how TJ fixman will handle this guy in the Movie.

The problem is not that he wasn't an interesting character anymore, but that there was practically no Clank in A4O and FFA. In ItN the lack of Qwark and Neffy allowed his character to be a little more relevant, but… It was still more like "Ratchet: Into the Nexus" than "Ratchet & Clank". I hope that the movie/game will finally focus on both of them… Though Cora could be a serious threat to that emoji

The problem is not that he wasn't an interesting character anymore, but that there was practically no Clank in A4O and FFA. In ItN the lack of Qwark and Neffy allowed his character to be a little more relevant, but… It was still more like "Ratchet: Into the Nexus" than "Ratchet & Clank". I hope that the movie/game will finally focus on both of them… Though Cora could be a serious threat to that emoji

I'd like to point out that Clank hasn't said one line in either movie trailer emoji

TJ always talks about writing for Ratchet or Qwark, but what about Clank?

I don't think Cora possess such a big threat. They will both get mostly equal role in the movie. Although, I really wonder how the movie will start? Will Clank or Ratchet be shown first or something completely different. Qwark could begin the story with an introduction (or the Gadgetron Helpdesk).

insomniac are making more characters than what they can handle

I'm just gonna take a guess here but i'll say it starts off with Qwark narrating or something like that, since it's his "retelling". (Or is just the game and not the movie?)

One other–other thing: humor isn't all that makes the game: visually, ACIT was the best in graphics, and the gameplay was super enjoyable!

I gotta say, i didn't enjoy ACiT's graphics that much.. There are just so many moments when something just looked odd or way too gloomy. The rendering was sometimes very weird, most notably on Qwark when he was in the containment cell on Vorselon's ship. The effects were sometimes, i really got to say, awful (After the "Crash on Quantos" cutscene, all the smoke effects looked horrible) sometimes pixelated.. Really makes you wonder what went wrong.
I don't know, but for some reason i remember liking the graphics from ToD or QfB a lot more, though i didn't play those for a long time, and i might just be remembering this wrong.

There is no cutscene of qwark on voreslon's ship.

You sure?

User image

You sure?

User image

I mean REAL cutscenes–that one's not even pre-rendered!

FFA's multiplayer, how they didn't spot how unbalanced the multiplayer was the moment they added the WM/PBL/currency I will never know.

FFA's multiplayer, how they didn't spot how unbalanced the multiplayer was the moment they added the WM/PBL/currency I will never know.

Probably because everyone who played the beta didn't know how to take advantage of the mechanics properly, so they thought it was fine.