Thread: Really Random thread

Go ahead! It's a good movie, trust me! emoji

So, Indonesia's Walt Disney fanpage posted this on Facebook a while ago:
User image

Zootopia magazine! Should I buy it for myself on my own or should I use the excuse "I'm buying this for my little brother"? (My inner child is apparently cheering)

I remember buying an obvious children's magazine because it came with a StarFox poster. I, er, told the clerk is was a gift… but it didn't need wrapping. Gheh.

Deleted user
I remember buying an obvious children's magazine because it came with a StarFox poster. I, er, told the clerk is was a gift… but it didn't need wrapping. Gheh.

I understand the pain Heather. When I bought the PlayStation magazine with the Ratchet and Clank cover I too was worried people would think I was buying a children's magazine. What was worse is that I went to school with the guy at the checkout. He asked me "Why would you buy this?" I replied with: "Why would you work here?" We are no longer Facebook friends.

PlayStation Magzine childish? It's a genuine source of information for gamers… Silly clerk. Nice come back though!

Why would people think Ratchet & Clank is for children just because the main character is a cat-ish thing?! And btw, I never met any clerks who ask too much like "Why would you buy this?" or other annoying stuff. Maybe I'll just expect them to say something like "Is this for your little brother?"

The worst thing that's ever happened to me when buying a kiddish game was the clerk looking back at me and then back at the game several times… Too bad for the clerk, the Sly Cooper Collection is great.

When I buy a more hardcore game, clerks often ask me if it's a gift. I buy clothes or whatever else, no problem. But a video game, no that has got to be a gift. #45%OfGamersIsFemale.

emoji

Hahaha, what's wrong with being a gamer as a female anyway? emoji

List of things that are considered only for children so far:
1. Child's magazine of a franchise that we teens and adults are fans of
2. Cartoonish games
3. A magazine which the character in the front page is cartoonish

Deleted user
Why would people think Ratchet & Clank is for children just because the main character is a cat-ish thing?! And btw, I never met any clerks who ask too much like "Why would you buy this?" or other annoying stuff. Maybe I'll just expect them to say something like "Is this for your little brother?"

I think it was more to do with the fact he knew me from school. That's why he said it. I live in a very snobby area, the other day a neighbour asked me to sign a petition to make another neighbour sell off her dog just because it barks. There terrible people where I live. I mostly just keep to myself. I don't tell anybody that I study 3D animation and hope to make video games for a living one day. I dread the judgement.

Hahaha, what's wrong with being a gamer as a female anyway? emoji

List of things that are considered only for children so far:
1. Child's magazine of a franchise that we teens and adults are fans of
2. Cartoonish games
3. A magazine which the character in the front page is cartoonish

Okii.

1. there is nothing wrong with being a female gamer, i think its actually quite fun to be owned by a girl.
2. those things really don't fit in with the [Childrens] category. there are lots of things that are for children. but have adult themes.

Agreed. Zootopia had some adult jokes (*cough* Naturalist Club *cough*), and so does R&C: UYA.

Anyway, welcome back! emoji

Hey, long time no see. Even if I haven't shown any signs of life lately, I've been reading the news and, of course, I'm really hyped for both the game and the movie.
Speaking of which, I preordered the game from a local shop a while ago, but the problem is they couldn't say for sure if I'll get the "bouncy bonus" or not. Fingers crossed.
As for the movie, I got a bit worried because here they haven't advertised it at all until now and it still doesn't appear at the "coming soon" section of the cinema's site, so, I contacted those guys at Cinema City and they clarified that it will premiere on the 6th of May. Yay. However, I don't know whether it's going to be in English or not… So, fingers crossed for that too.

Buddy of mine says he has almost finished the first game on PS2. We'll go see the movie in a bigger city together, English and in 3D of course. And with our Stormtrooper glasses from when we went to Force Awakensemoji