Thread: My Impressions of R&C Going Commando

OK, so let me start out this thread by telling about my first experience with this game.
When I was 15 years old, I watched my brother play this game. It was the first ever watch through of this game that I've ever done. My brother had reached Megapolis on the planet Endako to rescue Clank. From there, I just kept watching. I officially fell in love with the series when I first saw that one scene for the Galactic Gladiators. I remember that first time that I saw that one bit. "Ask yourself: Are you man enough, hero enough, INSANE enough to step into the ring and take on 2 of the fiercest warriors in the galaxy? If you answered "yes", then you're a big FAT liar!"

I was losing it, that was so funny. I fell in love with this game series' sense of humor, it was just too funny and very much like nothing else I've ever seen before.

However, around that time, ideas began to form in my head, for some reason. This happens to me a lot; whenever something that I like comes around, my mind begins to fabricate these ideas for my stories. It's like a special talent of mine. As this was going on, my mind just came up with an idea for a crossover story with this game and Kim Possible. Even today, I still don't know why. Maybe my own mind knows what ideas work well together before I do. I am my own enigma.

Another thing about this that's so funny? I wasn't super into Kim Possible around that time. Sure, it was a show that was airing at that time and I liked it, but it wasn't a show that I really liked. After I came up with this story, I really started getting into Kim Possible like more than ever.

Ratchet and Clank Going Commando was the first game of the Ratchet and Clank series that I saw. I never watched the first game, my brother never had it. I was able to find an LP of the first game years later when I've been watching LPs online. I was not super crazy about the game, but I'm glad that I got the chance to see it.

All and all, I thought that Going Commando was a much better gateway to the series than the first one. There's so much about the game that I really like, such as the scifi settings, the stories, the characters, the music (My alltime favorite music from that game is Silver City on planet Boldan. Can you really blame me?)

From there, I thought the game series couldn't get any better, but then High Def came around. Still, I really, really like the game and I am so glad that I was able to see an LP of this game. It helped out a lot with my writing. I'll get more into that later.

So....what are your best memories of the game? Thought I might start a thread on here to really get me started on doing stuff on here since posting stories won't be enough to grab attention. What are your fondest memories of the second game? Favorite parts? Favorites levels? Favorite music? Knock yourself out.

Nice story there! And fun that it started your love for writing fanfics. 

Ratchet Gladiator was my first game. I'd spend a couple weeks peeling garlic to afford the PS2 + Gladiator from a co-worker. After that I played the series in order, but it took me a while to finish R&C2 back then. I remember the original trilogy being very frustrating for me back then. I thought it really hard to gather bolts for better weapons and XP for more health. So my first thoughts of R&C2 are usually something frustrating, haha. 

But now I'm older (and hopefully wiser) I have a lot of fun playing R&C2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3--FEjeipY (Maktar Nebula - Arena Boss) is my personal favorite track. I've spend hours listening to that on my USB MP3. But the Protopet boss can still eat a %^!#@. 

Oh, no, my love for fanfics started when I was 6. At that time that I was coming up with this story, doing something like this was nothing new to me. But...over the years, it has taken a life of its own. Still does. My ideas create themselves a lot of the time.
Although, the first time that I saw the unique humor of this game, I was so enthralled by it that my mind did what it did and created that story. I think the reason why I love this game so much is because I can relate so much to the people that created this game. They have such wacky imaginations and very unique sense of humors. My brother and I are the same way. We've come up with wacky stuff so many times when we were younger and still do. That, I believe is a talent and whenever you can take that talent and use it to make a life for yourself, then you would be having the time of your life.

I totally feel like I can relate to these people. I wonder if there are any employees in Insomniac that have Autism like me. I have Asperger's Syndrome and that, I believe, incorporated a lot into what I have gone through for most of my life.

I will never forget Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando. That is, indeed, the game that introduced me to the series.
I remember first getting the second game way back in 2007 when I was 7 years old, I had already played through the third game at this point and I wanted to see how the others held up in comparison so I wrote it down on my christmas list xD.

My fondest memory of Ratchet and Clank Going Commando was on planet Endako, where you get to see Ratchet and Clank's apartment and there was a promo for Jak and Daxter on the TV.I remember playing through the game with my Dad at the time and for some reason I was so shocked so see another game mentioned in the series that this moment just stuck in my head all these years haha and come to think of it I still have not played any Jak game yet (I just ordered the HD collection for PS3 a few days ago).

I thought Going Commando was a very funny game just like the third game, however with the third game being my first experience of the Universe I have to say it will always be my number 1 favorite.I also remembered that moment of meeting Angela for the first time, as it was the first time you saw another Lombax (EVEN THOUGH THE FUTURE SAGA SAYS OTHERWISE!)

I have to say as a young kid this series really was the perfect one to play, I thought the light and often times crude humor was hilarious, I though the guns were absolutely badass, and the graphics were awesome too, and who can forget the epic music? I'd say my favorite track from Ratchet and Clank 2 would be Silver City aswell emoji.