Thread: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

I've skimmed the video a bit, because I'd rather be surprised. They've obviously already sold the game by title alone.filename11.png

Thank goodness he has hair again!

?

Weeeell, it appears that it takes an initial reveal trailer to get people talking in here to any degree.  I joined almost two years ago, and I have barely seen two other people posting here only semi-regularly.  filename20.png

Be that as it may, I have some responses to offer to a few comments posted in this topic...enjoy.  lol

Apparently, two interns that worked at Insomniac created the new female lombax, and...they are furries. I really don't want them to ruin this character (I'm sure the internet will find a way), but the fact that they say stuff like this makes me worried.

GAH...seriously.  You're not the only one!  But I agree.  And believe me, it's too late.  They HAVE found a way.  One search of the fan art community, and you'll see.  How sad indeed.  And they've already over-sexualized her.

But I agree with Heather Grace (and some others).  There is no need to worry about what a couple of temporary employees of Insomniac say.  Everyone has their interests, views, etc.  That doesn't make what they say either canon or law.  When the game comes out and we can play it for ourselves, or someone like Marcus Smith (Insomniac's Creative Director) gives an official announcement, Twitter posts from temporary employees mean diddly.

Furries? Eh, first time I heard of them was during their rise after Zootopia's release yet it doesn't *quite* ruin the movie's reputation. It's still a loved movie, so there's hope for the new R&C. We just gotta hope people on the internet don't act too weird.

Once again...too late.  filename22.gif

Ooh! I hope this is more than just a cameo. I'd love to see Qwark return once again. 

Well if you look closely at the end of the trailer, where Clank falls alone into the dimension where the female Lombax appears, as he is observing the cityscape, to the left of the screen, in the distance, you can see what MAY be a holographic statue of Cronk.  Though it also may not specifically be him.

I was really not worried about this not being a sequel to Nexus after what we've seen. But all the better to have confirmation. filename11.png

Well we don't really know that it will be yet.  This MIGHT be a continuation of the original timeline, or it could be a sequel to the reboot.  Various vloggers seem to be divided on this.  We're dealing with dimensions here...the reboot timeline, if you look at this sensibly, simply exists in another dimension.  

rip that voice actor tho, his voice must hurt lol

Why would you presume that Armin Shimerman is dead ("rip that voice actor").  He's very much alive, and he worked on this most recent one obviously.  And has praised his fellow voice actors and the production team for the game (and previous incarnations through the years).  To wit:

https://twitter.com/ShimermanArmin/status/1271936197573480448

It seems a lot of stuff is taken out of context here. This image is Dallas and Juanita, which might indicate their return.

The "rip Neffys voice actor" joke is in context to his voice for yelling every line. It is not meant to be taken literally. 

Insomniac Games have pretty much confirmed that this is an into the nexus sequel (or at the very least, a continuation of the original timeline).

The hologram of Cronk was already known, there is another hologram similar to Nefarious in the "Bogon Galaxy" planet, but it is unknown who.

Gotta read ALL the comments to get full context 'round these parts emoji

Aw fuck I didn't see Dallas and Juanita, thats fucking sick. l love Gladiator so much lmfao

It seems a lot of stuff is taken out of context here. This image is Dallas and Juanita, which might indicate their return.

The "rip Neffys voice actor" joke is in context to his voice for yelling every line. It is not meant to be taken literally. 

Insomniac Games have pretty much confirmed that this is an into the nexus sequel (or at the very least, a continuation of the original timeline).

The hologram of Cronk was already known, there is another hologram similar to Nefarious in the "Bogon Galaxy" planet, but it is unknown who.

Gotta read ALL the comments to get full context 'round these parts emoji

a) Context depends upon how the original comment is couched.  If it is typed in text without a contextual smiley, emoticon or initialism, how is anyone supposed to discern its intent, unless it is an inside joke (which would just be rude  filename7.gif);

b) I am not sure I made any reference specifically to Dallas and Juanita.  However, whatever images they care to drop into the background, to either indicate possible cameos or simply to have fun with backgrounds and the fans, is okay by me and, I suspect, most fans;

c) Back to Armin Shimerman's voice: honestly, a talented and practiced actor is able to do a lot of things with his or her voice.  Shimerman has a great deal of talent anyway, so I am sure he's found a way, through vocal exercises, to keep those vocal cords in decent shape when he stretches their capabilites;

d) "Pretty much confirmed" doesn't equal confirmed.  How about we wait and see?  Frankly, I wouldn't care if it were original timeline or reboot.  Some gamer vloggers have theorized about this, however, including well-known (and apparently very respected) vlogger VTNVIVI, who, at :38 into this video, presents his analysis of what it MIGHT be (and he discusses it in the video in more detail):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG0_jlYj_0k

e) I fully realize that the hologram of what actually MIGHT be Cronk is known.  But there were plenty of other warbots which looked identical to Cronk but weren't him and, honestly, none of us know at this point that it IS him.  Certainly we'd all like it to be him, but that doesn't amount to hard evidence yet.  Second, this isn't the only board or group for Ratchet and Clank gamer fans that I belong to.  Not every gamer (even some who have been playing the franchise for a long time) were aware of this little tidbit;

f) I read every single comment in the topic, thank you.

Crash is back after all these years!!! His gameplay reminds me alot of Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, especially the portal jumping and grindrailing. Also his new elemental masks allow him to slow down time and reverse gravity, just like Clank!

You guys, all this would have made such a great E3! It is too bad those times are over. 
I'm just glad Crash was able to escape the scourge of Naughty Dog. After what happened with the Last of Us 2, I definitely don't want to see a new Jak game or even a new Uncharted game from them.

Crash Bandicoot got lucky.

Well, they are each in a very different league. I have only played a bit of the beginning of Last of Us II at work since I'm currently not in the mood to play--what is ultimately--a very depressing game. But what I saw was really, really good. It was horrible, it was crossing some lines, but it suited this franchise. 

They can still pump that quality into another great, more light, more colorful Jak game. 

(Also, no spoilers on Last of Us II please. Because I do wanna continue at some point. ^^)

Gotcha emoji
I'm actually thinking about giving the Jak & Daxter franchise yet another chance. It has been some years and I cannot shake the feeling I'm missing out. I've tried all of them (several times), but never got more than two or three hours in... It's a shame the PS4 versions didn't get a regular release, but something by Limited Run instead.

Did you know they re-released Star Wars: Bounty Hunter on PS4 not too long ago? I've played that on GameCube for the first time recently. Heard they're also "remastering" Episode I Racer and Jedi Knight III. 

Yup, and they look good. I wish they would remaster the original Battlefront games, and the Republic Commando game that was an xbox exclusive. However, they are making a new Lego star wars game for all "nine" SW films (to me there are only the six and Rogue One).

EAs "Squadrons" game looks like an interesting concept, but I won't be getting it. Gotta save up for Crash 4 and the Ps5 for Ratchet and Clank emoji

Yeah, I'd love to see Republic Commando in HD! I am yet to play it. I have it here, but I accidentally bought a German copy and I haven't run into an English one yet to replace it with. 

I'm also looking forward to the LEGO one! At first I thought it was a little odd since 6 out of 9 movies already have a game...? But of course it has been some years and they could be making some very cool new ones with this!

Squadrons looks absolutely awesome indeed! Finally we can play BOTH sides!