Thread: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Will PS5 be backwards compatible with phisical copies of R&C 2016? Or is it only available digitaly for PS Plus members?
Will PS5 be backwards compatible with phisical copies of R&C 2016? Or is it only available digitaly for PS Plus members?

It should be backwards compatible with physical copies, yes

Deleted user
Yeah, so far everything seems to be on the up-and-up. To be honest, PS5 really needs to advertise "60fps". I dont think they realize how much it means to gamers that RaC is returning to the 60fps standard. Sure you can play it in 4k, but 1080p or even 1440p at 60fps is my absolute dream come true emoji

I think performance mode options should be the new standard. There are people like me who have no interest in upgrading to 4k monitors/TV's so having all that extra power being used for higher resolutions could be funnelled into making games run better (assuming they're able to manage it depending on how demanding games can get) even just an option to unlock the framerate like what Kingdom Hearts 3 does would be nice. 

Ooh. That would be awesome.

Ooh. That would be awesome.

My cousin has a copy of the game, so I thought I should borrow it and play through it properly

Only if you purchase the physical disc version. If you buy the digital version, you wont be able to have it for PS5. I mean, obviously, RaC ps4 is part of the PS4 bundle download on PS5, so it works either way.
Oh, that's cool! I missed the news they added physical backwards compatibilty.

Speaking of the digital edition, I found a first Dutch retailer unwilling to sell that version and providing the standard edition exclusively. I'm hoping more retailers will follow their lead and spread the word. 

"What do we say to the god of digital only gaming?" 

"Not today."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GffelVJeGws

Rewatching the Gamescom trailer, I noticed that Ratchet switches Weapons at random, not the latest weapon he uses. Basically, the triangle button probably serves as Ratchet's "weapon-randomiser," and not his "switch back to most recently-used weapon." 

Unless he's pressing the directional buttons. I admit, RaC Ps4 did a good job of giving Ratchet a weapon wheel on his right side, but there is no indicator for that this time around.

Someone posted a very interesting look on how Lombaxes age. Ratchet starts out with three red stripes on his tail in the PS2 games. In the Future series Ps3 games, he has four stripes. In the spin-off Ps3 games, he has five stripes. And in Rift Apart, he has a smaller 6th stripe.

Now in the PS4 game, he also has that sixth stripe, but that game's non canon, so...

Oh, cool! I've never consciously noticed that. There goes Fixman's idea Ratchet doesn't age (thankfully) filename7.gif

Oh wow, that's a neat little detail! But now i've looked at Ratchet's tail for so long it looks weird, like something out of a Dr Seuss book..

Oh, cool! I've never consciously noticed that. There goes Fixman's idea Ratchet doesn't age (thankfully) filename7.gif

I wish JAT would give Ratchet a more mature sounding voice like in the Ps2 and early Ps3 games. Now, Ratchet's high-pitched is giving off some wrong vibes.

I mean, it still sounds like Ratchet, it just needs a slight tone-down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbS6UfB9imw By the way, NamReviews, who used to edit Ratchet and Clank videos for me, made a really good video about the change in tone of the RaC series. Check it out!

https://insomniac.games/game/ratchet-clank-rift-apart/

Insomniac Games have added Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart to their website. None of the information is new, but there is new vertical poster of the Rift Apart title screen!

They do call the framerate "targeted 60fps." Makes me wonder if it actually is stable 60 fps, or if they aren't certain what the specs will be yet.

Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart title screen featured in today's PS5 UI showcase!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWAPCDF9N_8