Thread: Discord

Hey everyone!  Like a lot of folks on the English side, I'll admit I haven't posted a lot. Tried in the year before Rift Apart came out, but it was practically a social desert in here.  But now, with RA out, seems folks are willing to talk again, and that's good!

I have joined the site's Discord server, but I also noted people saying (again, on the English side, not the French one) that it seemed dead in there.  There's been a bit of chatter recently, and that's good.

However (and I've checked the rules here on this, and it seems I'm in good shape), I've been working with a few Ratchet & Clank veterans on a new server which we'te about to go active with.  The intent here IS NOT to steal members from the Ratchet Galaxy one (or any other, of which there are actually not very many worth spending any time in, unless shitposting and unending, exasperating arguments are your thing).

The intent, rather, is to provide another vehicle for the fandom on Discord, with a few nice bells & whistles.  Now, we don't expect the membership to explode overnight, and quite honestly we prefer it that way!  But we will be posting promotional invites around soon, and we encourage you to come and have a look when we do!

Hopefully the staff here doesn't have a problem with this.  But if they do, and you're still interested, just message me and I'll send you an invite!

For those of you who are interested, here's the invite!  Please come and have a look, and we hope you'll stay!

https://discord.gg/rSuMFE3B

Hello, 

Indeed, we do have an english section on our Discord server but since RG started as a french website & community, the large majority of people joining it are.. well, french. Most english members actually join the official Insomniac server, which is obviously understandable.

We are not against this kind of initiative, we certainly won't decide for our members, but we could also need more english members joining our server, including one or two moderators. We already have one but as you guessed, he certainly doesn't have much work.

In the end, it's your decision guys, if you prefer organizing another server, no problem, but if you're willing to help us build & manage our english section on the existing server, please know you'll be very welcome.

Either way, don't hesitate to PM me if you've got ideas or suggestions, or are just willing to discuss this. Cheers !

Hello, 

Indeed, we do have an english section on our Discord server but since RG started as a french website & community, the large majority of people joining it are.. well, french. Most english members actually join the official Insomniac server, which is obviously understandable.

We are not against this kind of initiative, we certainly won't decide for our members, but we could also need more english members joining our server, including one or two moderators. We already have one but as you guessed, he certainly doesn't have much work.

In the end, it's your decision guys, if you prefer organizing another server, no problem, but if you're willing to help us build & manage our english section on the existing server, please know you'll be very welcome.

Either way, don't hesitate to PM me if you've got ideas or suggestions, or are just willing to discuss this. Cheers !

Yeah, I definitely don't wish to step on Ratchet Galaxy's efforts or steal members, but merely offer another alternative, or even supplement.  Your server has been around longer.  We offer some options yours doesn't, and yours offers the French-language mirror, which ours doesn't.  Certainly it wouldn't really hurt either server for Discord members to join both.  Many Discorders are members of more than one server (even with the same theme and purpose).  And there are so few Ratchet and Clank servers worth even a look, so quality matters!  And it is job one for us!  But we do need to grow our membership.

Thanks for being decent about this. 

For those of you who are interested, here's the invite!  Please come and have a look, and we hope you'll stay!

https://discord.gg/rSuMFE3B

can you give us the new invite. I want to join but it expired.