Thread: Favourite Cutscene Moments in TOD?

Deleted user

What is your favourite cinematic moments in Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction and why do you like those cutscenes?

If you're not sure about the title of the cutscene(s), the multimedia section of RG will surely help. emoji

Here are my favourite moments in TOD. It's not in proper order by the way.

1. "Clank was Right" - I definitely like the build up in this moment when Ratchet feels upset about losing Clank. You can definitely feel his pain and realization about him should of listening to his close friend in the first place. But when Clank arrives, it's happy reunion happy time! There was some funny and heart warming moments that I've really enjoyed when watching this particular cutscene.

2. "A Familiar Crack" - It was great to see the Plumber in his next-gen appearance (although I prefer his crabby self in the PS2 games a little bit more), and there were some wacky moments in this scene that was enjoyable, especially with Qwark on the small monitor trying to spell the word "Clue". emoji

3. "Cryosleep Does Not Work On Robots" - This is definitely one of my favourite scenes in TOD. In my opinion, this scene has this witty charm that makes me think a bit of nostalgia moments. Also for some odd reason, I have Disney and The Simpsons in my head when it comes to watching this scene. Weird for me to say that but if you know me by now, you know what I'm like. Although the scene is short, but it's very enjoyable.

4. "Rated M for Mature" - Nothing too much to explain about this one but I enjoy Qwark's humourous dialogue and the 2D design, 8-bit retro look in this cutscene.

That's all I can think of now, but I will probably have more favourite cutscenes that I'll mention later on.

Deleted user

Aww, you pretty much listed all the scenes I liked the most =D

But I also liked that one when Qwark has a breakdown "I'm No Superhero" xD that one made me laugh a lot, and Clank does a Facepalm XD

M for Mature was a poinless scene.

Deleted user
M for Mature was a poinless scene.

Alrighty then. I'm fine with different opinions.

Do you have a favourite cutscene moment(s) in Tools of Destruction? emoji

I find it quite funny when Rust Pete is holding Captain Slag's head in the scene "Slag's end" and he's like "WHYYYY?"
and then he just drops it on the floor and casually talks to Ratchet about being a Captain…
I find it irritating however, when Ratchet has the option to become the pirate Captain right before storming the cragmite home-world, he could've had an army of pirates fighting on his side! emoji(

Deleted user

Hmm now that you mention that… you're right XD but it would have been pretty bizzare if Ratchet had the Space Pirates all on his side XD just imagine the look on Tachyon's face…. emoji

Cryosleep Does Not Work On Robots was the best too me, along side the Ratchet and Clank friendship moments. Bomance!!!

Also loved almost everything that had Slag and Pete on screen, either together or alone. Both are lots of fun and they are quiet amusing. =3 I love Rusty Pete the most though. SPACE PIRATES!

Deleted user
Hmm now that you mention that… you're right XD but it would have been pretty bizzare if Ratchet had the Space Pirates all on his side XD just imagine the look on Tachyon's face…. emoji

That would of been an easier plan for Ratchet to stop Tachyon, but then again, probably the other robot pirates might have not taken too kindly on a new captain that isn't a robot at all. Probably Pete said that because he had too much Grog or something. emoji

Come to think of it, Rusty Pete and Captain Slag did had some fun cinematic moments that made the story and dialogue fun and charming, especially when they first appeared in the game.

I also forgot to mention that I like the scenes that happens after the Cryosleep moment. "His Past in Inside" and "Find Another Ship". Those three scenes together flew very nicely with suitable transitions, which made the scenes feel like a charming animated movie.

Even though it is a bit silly i always laugh when Clank gets hit with a boxing glove in "Cryo-sleep Does Not Work On Robots".

Another favorite moment has to be the music in the ending cut-scene after Clank has been taken by the Zoni, it is quite dramatic and sad which i think which does a good job of making a gripping cliff hanger.

My favorite cutscene was when ratchet defeated captain slag then Rusty pete was like NOOOOOO! (hiccup)

Deleted user

"to rise agAIN!…. (WTF?) to rise… again..!" (pause. Ratchet& quark: UHHH… *percy's trademark:LEFT EYE TWITCHY!!! emoji*

"TO RISE AGaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

he looked like he had some SERIOUS trouble balancing that thing. I liked it when he was about to fall over and like, half put his hand in his mouth? (I think?)

Jeez, all the ones I like have already been listed! Excepted for the one before Fastoon the first time, the
"Landing in 5…4…oops! 321!

The cutscene where Ratchet says: "You're lying! Lombaxes don't run!" take it from that cutscene all the way to the ending of the game. The ending was so darn epic too!

I liked the one after Ratchet breaks into Slag's treasure room on Ardolis, the whole cutscene is brilliant, but especially the bit where Slag goes 'Ooh me wee cannonballs'. I almost fell off the chair laughing.emoji

Also, just after the Zoni give Clank robo wings, when Ratchet asks Clank if he has been 'modifying himself in private.'

I liked the one after Ratchet breaks into Slag's treasure room on Ardolis, the whole cutscene is brilliant, but especially the bit where Slag goes 'Ooh me wee cannonballs'.

Was it Slag that said that or Rusty Pete, because I remember it sounding like Rusty Pete's voice in that scene.