Thread: The Music Thread

Deleted user

Jaws? How hard would that be?

You basically need to press two piano keys to play that theme. emoji

Or half of them.

Come to think of it, I think you're right about that. It's just only one white key and one black key to play the Jaw's theme. emoji

Is anyone here a fan of epic movie trailer music by any chance? Just curious to ask.

Artists like X-Ray Dog, Immediate Music and even Two Steps from Hell are pretty big inspirations of mine when it comes to listening and adoring music. emoji

But anyway, I hate all hip-hop and rap videos, they're all just guys and girls trying to show off how "gangsta" they are with all their money, cars, bling, etc. Such a load of crap and it's all thats ever on now.

I agree with you on that hip hop is so lame … BIG TIME!

I know, it's all, "Yo, yo, yo, yo. My mamma is yo, yo, your mamma yo, y o, yo" ugh, I can't stand it!

Deleted user

But anyway, I hate all hip-hop and rap videos, they're all just guys and girls trying to show off how "gangsta" they are with all their money, cars, bling, etc. Such a load of crap and it's all thats ever on now.

I agree with you on that hip hop is so lame … BIG TIME!

I know, it's all, "Yo, yo, yo, yo. My mamma is yo, yo, your mamma yo, y o, yo" ugh, I can't stand it!

Rap and Hip-Hop in the 2000's were basically in your face with all the blings, cars and sexy ladies. That stuff was quite underplayed back in the 90's until maybe some well known artists such as P-Diddy, 2Pac (rest in peace) and Mase kind of brought that typical rap/hip-hop feeling, but they did not shove too much of this popular trend down your throats unlike 50 Cent or Jay-Z would do… well, maybe Mase did a lot of that. His videos were basically about money and chicks too.

Some Rap and Hip-hop videos in the 80's and even in the 90's did had some subtle, fun and sometimes even meaningful lyrics and visuals, but of course there had to be at least one "appealing" element that would make the music genre popular to the audience. It's sort of the same thing with Punk, Rock, Pop and maybe even Dance as well.

I'm not into Rap/Hip-hop myself. I was once upon a time, but something about the genre made me hate it so much.

And sure, pop and mainstream music are overrated and would make your ears bleed so badly, but there might be some songs that you might actually like.

I'm actually listening to Bulletproof by La Roux right now.

Here's the song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l40bQFqJX6I

The sound and music has this 80's retrospect to it which makes me like it a lot. Plus the singer doesn't sound too annoying and ditsy unlike Kei$ha or Miley Cyrus. Those two singers can burn to the "EVIL PLACE!"

emoji MUAHAHAHAHA!

Deleted user

yeah that's quite true, Hip-hop and Rap from the past isn't that bad compared with todays stuff… I swear, if I hear those fricken' songs at work again… >8O!!! (I got so annoyed last week that I switched the radio at work off, was getting on my nerves as I was trying to serve customers) I hate all those songs on that station, since 99% are about drugs, girls, 'love' (loosely implied, since they don't know nothing about REAL love) parties and well… sexual themes.

I just try to change the station to something decent or tolerable xD

Yay a music thread! Well, I dunno if any of you would share similar music tastes, but here goes…

The bands I listen to are…

- Papa Roach (Favorite band!)
- Green Day
- Weird Al Yankovic
- Disturbed
- Seether
- Cage the Elephant
- Metallica (some)
- Nickelback
- Bowling for Soup
- Three Days Grace
- Theory of a Deadman
- Powerman 5000

Papa Roach is the band that got me into listening into metal/rock/alternative rock. Woooo!

Deleted user
Yay a music thread! Well, I dunno if any of you would share similar music tastes, but here goes…

The bands I listen to are…

- Papa Roach (Favorite band!)
- Green Day
- Weird Al Yankovic
- Disturbed
- Seether
- Cage the Elephant
- Metallica (some)
- Nickelback
- Bowling for Soup
- Three Days Grace
- Theory of a Deadman
- Powerman 5000

Papa Roach is the band that got me into listening into metal/rock/alternative rock. Woooo!

Well everyone has their own tastes in music. So there will be those who will agree or disagree with you.

Your list of favorites in my opinion is good, but I would have to say NO to Nickelback, Theory of a Deadman, Green Day (their recent stuff) and a maybe a bit of Three Days Grace. I especially dislike Nickelback because their songs became so sappy and dull after their Silver Side Up album and their music became really annoying afterward. And besides, many Canadians (including myself) really despise Nickelback with a passion, but not as much as Justin Beiber.

my sweet buttery gravy I hate that kid!

Deleted user
You have to see Green Day live.

ugh, greenday are terrible

Deleted user

Ugh! Justin Beiber! Funny mentioning him, my Boss at work (the other day) went on and on about how overrated, girly and stupid he is emoji it was hillarious, since 3 other workers were going off about him too and how much they dislike him, I just sat there, smirking emoji

Deleted user
Ugh! Justin Beiber! Funny mentioning him, my Boss at work (the other day) went on and on about how overrated, girly and stupid he is emoji it was hillarious, since 3 other workers were going off about him too and how much they dislike him, I just sat there, smirking emoji

There's so much hate talk about this tween sensation that it's insane… in a cruel funny way. emoji

Apparently I heard rumours that he can be a real drama queen in real life. There was one video my friend watched where he freaked out on a person that just wanted to talk to him and just tapped him on the shoulder. Seriously!?! Is this how we want our kids to idolize? A drama queen brat!?! My geez, even my mom and younger cousins think he's a total sell out and thank goodness for that.

Also I heard another Beiber related story that's quite funny to hear. There was someone on the internet who made some kind of software/program that would block anything that was Justin Beiber related on your computer. I thought this was really hysterical because I bet many of us don't want to see any Beiber nonsense on the net anymore. But of course, this person who made the software was getting so many hate and threat mails by so many tweeny Beiber fans. I mean, come on! what are they going to do? Throw candy at the guy's door? That's seem really threatening to me!

But yeah, I guess that enough of the Beiber insults. Righ now, I'll just listen to some music by Era. So soothing, epic and filled with life compared to many mainstream artists. emoji

Why are there so many persons writing Beiber instead of Bieber.. im swiss, we speak german there, and Beiber would be pronounced Buyber (like in "i'll go BUY something :oui: )

Well.. thats not so important… i actually dont really mind him, for me he is just one of those many pop artists. Some songs i like, some i dont. Its incredible how much hate there can be against an artist… yep, i gotta admit, i was a hater once, so i know what alot of people hate about him.. but never such a big hater as my friend emoji

My favorite music style is Progressive house, or Progressive trance. I discovered that style when my friend sent me a link to Avicii - Levels.

So i went to look around youtube and searched for other Avicii tracks. (Watch out, alot of those tracks arent really from avicii) And i discovered some other Proghouse DJ's.

I already thought about creating my own music one day, and my Dad found a program for that. So, i spent some time creating music my self emoji

But i havent uploadet any tracks yet emoji

I'm mainly into Rock, Metal, Orchestra, and a little bit of pop.
I do not listen to rap, hip hop,and country (I'll rarely make an exception)

Most of the bands and artists I listen to are either Chrisitan or Christian influenced, and the rest are the Rock and Metal genre.

Main ones I listen to are:
Skillet,
Within Temptation,
Evanescence,
Pillar,
Kutless,
Flyleaf,
Barlow Girl,
Jeremy Camp,
Red,
Matthew West,
Manic Drive,
Chris Tomlin,
Falling Up,
David Crowder Band,
Casting Crowns,
38th Parallel,
and 3 Doors Down

Looks like I'm torn between making a duplicate thread or reviving an old one…. XD

As I said in my introduction, I am a musician. emoji That being said, I wrote this about a week ago for a conceptual R&C fancharacter of mine. emoji

http://soundcloud.com/sgtyayap404/dirks-theme-ambient-version

Dirk being a Thug who manages to survive the events of Going Commando.

ATM I'm listening to the OST of Snow White & The Huntsman. I love James Newton Howard's music. The ones from Salt and The Interpreter are great too! emoji

Y'all want to hear a really bad song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf6BmbuuEj8

my faith in the human race is diminishing.

Couldn't watch it on my mobile device, but the title was enough for me. :P