Thread: the R&C Supporting Cast (with no names)

Deleted user

Well, these character do have names, but they're pretty vague and blandish names unlike the characters that have interesting names such as Ratchet, Clank, Qwark, Rusty Pete, Dr. Nefarious, and so forth.

There were quite a lot of supporting and background characters (especially in the older Ratchet and Clank games) that had no interesting names, but were known as a specific name title such as the Mathematician in Going Commando or the Gadgetron CEO in the first Ratchet and Clank.

Here's the list of these kinds of characters:
- The Plumber
- Shady Salesman (RC1 and RC2)
- The Smuggler (TOD, Q4B and ACIT)
- Gadgetron CEO (RC1)
- The Mathematician (RC2)
- Thug-4-Less Leader (RC2)
- The Thief (RC2)
- Factory Robots in Canal City (RC2)
- Help Desk Girl
- New Age Mystic (RC2)
- Novalis Chairman (RC1)
- Qwark's Fan Boy (RC2)
- Qwark's Bouncer (RC1)
- Hypnotist (RC2)
- The Protopet scientists (RC2)
- Taxi Driver (RC3)

It'll take me forever to name them all, but here's a list of the characters right here if you're not sure what characters I am talking about, even if wiki may not be 100% reliable.

http://ratchet.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Characters

So, just for fun, what would you name these particular R and C characters? Would it be cool names? funny names? neutral names? any name that is appropriate to the R and C universe.

NOTE: You don't have to name all these characters in one post, you can post back and name the rest of them later.

I just call them as they are in the older games

Deleted user
I just call them as they are in the older games

Really? you wouldn't give some of these characters a name, just for kicks and giggles? emoji

I sometimes call the Thug-4-Less Leader "Bob" for some odd reason. I don't know why, but he reminds me of a Bob. Maybe it's the bald head I guess. :P

Deleted user

Yeah, it's a shame a lot of these characters don't have 'real' names but hmm… I'll try and remember some names me and my brother made up for them :p

Well my little brother calls A Crack in Time 'A Plumbers Crack in time' because of how he gives that very important advice to Clank and well, we think he's like a 'God/Guardian angel' of the Ratchet series XD (come on, he also saved their asses in ToD too by pure coincidence!)

And when we first saw 'The Smuggler' my brother would also call him "The Space Donkey" I dunno why neither, but I find that hilarious XD

I cant remember much right now, we haven't played the older games together for a while…

Deleted user

"The Space Donkey" eh? Well he looks like a hybrid of a horse and something else, So I can see why your brother would call him that name. I would probably call the Smuggler Quick Draw Huckle because he reminds me of a mixture of Huckleberry Hound and Quick Draw McGraw from the Hanna- Barbara cartoons that was combined into one.

While I was playing Going Commando, I remember calling the New Age Mystic (the dude that would pay you lots of bolts for crystals and moon stones) Phil. That's a lot more strange than calling the Thug-4-Less leader Bob, but I picture the word Phil when he appeared. Never knew that all Phil's were mellowed mystic guys that were so fascinated by the cosmos.

emoji

Deleted user

Rofl yeah, it's funny since well, when he first saw the Smuggler he was like "Does that Donkey make the RYNO VI?" and I was like "What the heck are you talking about?" and yeah, now he's known as that around here XD (poor Smuggler!)

But hmm I'm still trying to remember what else we called the older characters, but Im sure we made up names for the Shady Saleman (Billy I think, lol) and the New Age Mystic too… and I swear we called one Bob too emoji (we call another character Bob in another series) and we sometimes even call Dr Nefarious "Neffy" (which is already used all over the fandom, online anyway)

Help desk girl: Courtney. IDK why, just comes to mind emoji

Deleted user
Help desk girl: Courtney. IDK why, just comes to mind emoji

Two Courtney's in a Ratchet and Clank game! emoji

I probably would of called the Help Desk Girl Meghan. the letter M would fit her voice and appearance pretty nicely.

Deleted user

Lol yeah I agree, that sounds suiting for her XD I think I remember seeing her in the Secret Agent Clank premier (in R&C3) but she was dressed up. Clank has had a lot of girlfriends in the games, more than Ratchet XD!

I remember there was another Gadgetron robot that looked like her, and we called her Betty since she reminded us of one of the Sonic 7 team members (I don't even know why XD)

Sharla Grass…Sorry If i got the name Inncorect Shes Only in (R&C GC UYA) Shes Fun to Watch emoji

…. who's betty from sonic7? I never saw/played it

Deleted user

Oh, the Sonic 7 is the team Ace used to be part of (before he got into Dreadzone) and it's canon. But I made up the rest of his team, since the rest of the members were unknown.

oh yeah how could I forget? …… maybe it's cause I havn't read every detail my bad ^^'