Thread: Al's New Look (May Contain Spoilers)

Deleted user

What was your reaction like when you first saw Al obtain his cyborg look in Deadlocked/Gladiator?

Did it made you laugh? angry? slightly awkward? or other?

I'll be honest… At first, I was highly, awkwardly disappointed when I saw Al in this half organism/cyborg appearance. Since Al was one supporting R&C cast that I liked and remembered in the franchise, I thought Insomniac made a huge mistake to make Al like this near the end of the game. But when I re-watched the scenes again, I thought it wasn't too bad, but it still felt kind of awkward to see.

Perhaps if Al ever appears in a later R&C title one day, he could have skin/fur coverings to cover his robotic limbs and such. After all, they're in a futuristic setting, they have the technology to do so. emoji

But all I gotta say is…

Curse You Ace For Shooting Al To Make Him Look This Way! emoji(

Deleted user

Ace you big meanie 8O!!!!

Lol well at least he didn't die though, since when I first saw that ages ago, I was like "Holey crap, he killed Al!" but yeah, I don't really like his cyborg look neither, looks pretty ugly… but hey, he could always get a better look though or as you said, get it 'covered' somehow since it's the future 'n all.

But Al did think it was cool though, judging from now he showed Ratchet lol. But who knows? maybe if he appears in another game they'd change his design, since others who changed to PS3/HD got a makeover, like the Plumber.

But there's also a funny thing I noticed about that, Ace actually shot him in the butt and well it makes no sense XD! (because well, he doesn't have a cyborg backside now does he XD?) and that blast didn't even get his head… maybe it messed up his nerves in random parts of his body, or something XD

Al's cyborg look is creppy to me =/ ….. scary cyborg is scary

He got shot once, once!, in the back, how the hell did it do enough damage to require new robotic body parts?

Its like that episode of red vs. blue where their sarge gets shot: "why the hell are you administering SPR for a bullet wound to the head!?" lol emoji

Deleted user

Well it's not like he's wearing any armor or protection but even then, his clothes weren't even charred and he didn't bleed at all O_O (well it's obvious they can't add that anyway, cause of the rating lol) oh well, I'm changing that in my story anyway lol.

They might change his design if he appears in another game anyways.

Deleted user
Well it's not like he's wearing any armor or protection but even then, his clothes weren't even charred and he didn't bleed at all O_O (well it's obvious they can't add that anyway, cause of the rating lol) oh well, I'm changing that in my story anyway lol.

They might change his design if he appears in another game anyways.

I wish that can actually happen because seriously, I couldn't stare at Al's cyborg limbs for a very long time. But hey, at least there were a few scenes of Al with that great awful look of his in Deadlocked. That was one of the reasons why I didn't purchased the game yet. That, and not playing Clank at all in this game.

So yeah, hopefully Al can get a new make-over in a later R and C game one day. I bet that would make many fans so happy. emoji

Deleted user

It makes me wonder, what would Helga think of his new look anyways XD?

my guess either grossed out or find him attractive

I don't find it too bad, it look quite "sci-fi", perhaps if it was just his arm, because the part of his face that's mechanical is quite creepy, becuase it looks like he's only got one eye, and his eyeglass thing is on that side and he keeps putting it down over nothing, which creeps me out a bit.

I was quite angry at first! (curse you Ace!!!!) but after seeing he's still alive…… I just laugh about it now, Al seems to rather like his new look!

I was quite angry at first! (curse you Ace!!!!) but after seeing he's still alive…… I just laugh about it now, Al seems to rather like his new look!

Likely because he's a robofile. *shot*

Lol! So is Dallas emoji

Man what's up with all the robophiles? What's wrong with good ol organic babes emoji ? Lol!

Deleted user
my guess either grossed out or find him attractive

I would probably say attractive since Helga is a robot after all… right? emoji