Thread: The Underrated List

Deleted user

This applies to the same rules as the Overrated List thread, but this time, we name things that are Underrated to form the list.

What do you consider things that are underrated?

What things have been little mentioned these days? What kind of stuff that people don't mentioned anymore or have no idea what you're talking about?

I'll start off with a few.

- Beyond Good and Evil
Such a great underrated game title. This game didn't make great sales for it's packaging when it was released, so there's a reason why so many people ignored this one. It's sort of sad that many people have missed a great game experience too and thank god I found a copy of it right away.
emoji

- Drawn Together
It is a stupid and raunchy adult cartoon show, but I did like the concept, production value and voice cast when this show was on the air. It's sort of strange that some of the voice cast from the Ratchet and Clank games (especially in the future titles) were voiced in a very adult show like this. emoji

okay I have one more

- Roxy Music
I would say this 80's band is very underrated. I think the only songs that people would know from them are "More than This" and "Avalon". It sort of a shame that they weren't recognized later on, except for those who grew up listening to their albums such as myself and perhaps my mom too. emoji

This is our list now.

The Underrated List

- Beyond Good and Evil
- Drawn Together
- Roxy Music

Can anyone guess of more things, franchises and other materials that are little played?

Sorry, but I just don't see the appeal in Drawn Together…. Tried to watch it once and turned it to somewhere else after five minutes.

My list….

1) Psychonauts (PS2 Game) - This game is one of the best PS2 games I've ever played. It would have been a hit, if the people knew how to advertise it. I find myself sometimes going on "auto pilot" and replaying the game over and over because I love it that much.

2) Okami (PS2 Game) - I'm fairly certain there are Okami fans here. This game was one of the best, truly. And I'm talking about the original PS2 version. Not the crappy Wii port. The game was pretty long and it kind of acted like "Okami" and then "Okami 2" once the middle of the game was reached. Plus you had to fight every boss at least twice (one three times). I loved this game for that.

3) Whiplash (PS2 Game) - This game is one of the funniest I've ever played, even though it had an "anti-animal cruelty message" in it to make it somewhat edumacational. My favorite scene is when the eels spell out "HELP" and then the rabbit looks at the weasel "Can you read English? Yeah, me neither." XDDDD

4) Invader Zim (Cartoon) - This was my absolutely favorite cartoon when I was growing up. I loved GIR to death. Stupid Nickelodean had it canned…

Deleted user
Sorry, but I just don't see the appeal in Drawn Together…. Tried to watch it once and turned it to somewhere else after five minutes.

I was like that at first. Many of the jokes were pretty much random with a lot of "Oh god! That's Gross" kind of moments, but the jokes that had some pop culture references were pretty funny. I guess you need to be open up with really crude insane sense of humour to watch a show like this. It's funny how I could watch a show like Drawn Together, but not Invaders Zim… pretty strange if you ask me. emoji

I have actually heard of Whiplash on a TV daily show. Although, I have not tried the game at all, same goes with Psychonauts too. Now that game is actually really hard to find these days. Cannot even find it anywhere except for online.

I'll also add Home Movies and The Critic to the Underrated list.

Home Movies might have started off with a really awful visual style, but it's humour and moments were gold and brilliant. Same goes with The Critic too.

The Critic had the same writers for the The Simpsons back in the 90's and it had a subtle vibe with funny yet sometimes random humour, but I guess the show didn't get too much views since The Simpsons were in the way.

So we got…

- Beyond Good and Evil
- Drawn Together
- Roxy Music
- Okami
- Whiplash
- Psychonauts
- Invader Zim
- Home Movies
- The Critic

Anything else?

Frankly, I think Ratchet and Clank is quite under rated. A lot of people think that because it's got a bright yellow, furry mascot, it's aimed at really really young people, but they are aimed at any age!

I mean, a really really really really really really young kids wouldn't get half the jokes and humour in the games…

Deleted user

I think the Ratchet and Clank series can be underrated sometimes. It's in the middle of it's popularity, but many people would not recognize their games very easily unlike Mario, Halo, or Final Fantasy.

So I'll agree with you on that one.

I would like to point out a film that's pretty underrated…

Return to OZ - It's an 80's live-action fantasy film that's a sequel to the Wizard of Oz, but this film in particular has a really eerie vibe to it with Dorthy being played by an actual child actress rather than an older actress unlike in the 30's film. Return to Oz's story is quite accurate to the the 2nd and 3rd volumes of the book and overall I kind of like this film, except the talking chicken annoys me. It's a quite inspiring film to see, but I think the kids will get really creeped out from all the wheelers, claymation monsters and the headless queen in this film.

If you wish to see a film that's close to the actual story with a creepy vibe and premise, I suggest you should check it out. Although, this might be a huge surprise for those who have seen the first Wizard of Oz. emoji

Deleted user

I pretty much agree with all the stuff so far, and yeah… even Ratchet and Clank is sorta underrated, but I do see it in 'the middle' somewhere, which I am glad or else if it was popular/overrated… then there will be lots of noobs!

But yeah I think Klonoa is quite underrated, it's a really nice platformer game and it's not as popular as it could be (I'm talking about the first one on PSone and the sequel on PS2) both games got good reviews though.

That's what Psychonauts and Okami suffer from, too. I found the PSone game to be kind of boring though.

One game I want to try is Pepsi Man for PSone, lol.

Ratchet and Clanl emoji

Deleted user
That's what Psychonauts and Okami suffer from, too. I found the PSone game to be kind of boring though.

One game I want to try is Pepsi Man for PSone, lol.

I agree that Psychonauts suffers from not being too popular, but I'm not sure about Okami though. I think it's in the middle range like Ratchet and Clank is because there is quite a big fan-base on that game in particular. Plus many people have mentioned Okami being a really awesome game and such.

The Underrated List

- Beyond Good and Evil
- Drawn Together
- Roxy Music
- Okami
- Whiplash
- Psychonauts
- Invader Zim
- Home Movies
- The Critic
- the Ratchet and Clank series
- Klonoa
- Return to Oz

Did I miss anything else?

Hmm. Not that I can think of.

Oh the movie Treasure Planet is severely underrated. I loved that film!

And the PS3, I feel, is underrated. None of the games even out now seem to use much more than 30% to 50% of its power, meaning that the tech inside of it is beyond awesome.

Hannah Montana The Movie emoji emoji :oui: :oui:

Deleted user

That has to be a joke, right? emoji

But If you're only talking about the film and not Hannah Montana as a whole with her merchandise and show, then that I might agree on.

It sure was a underrated Disney film and I thought it wasn't a bad movie at all. It was decent, but in my opinion not the best. I might as well mention Rescuers Down Under to go on the list too. That Disney film has little mention compared to other Disney feature length films and it's one of the best animated sequels ever because the animations look amazing! It also looks like the animators put so much effort and hard work to make this film look good and even entertaining too. They don't look cheap and stupid unlike Aladdin's: Return of Jafar, Lion King 2: Simba's Pride or the Little Mermaid sequels.

That has to be a joke, right? emoji

But If you're only talking about the film and not Hannah Montana as a whole with her merchandise and show, then that I might agree on.

It sure was a underrated Disney film and I thought it wasn't a bad movie at all. It was decent, but in my opinion not the best. I might as well mention Rescuers Down Under to go on the list too. That Disney film has little mention compared to other Disney feature length films and it's one of the best animated sequels ever because the animations look amazing! It also looks like the animators put so much effort and hard work to make this film look good and even entertaining too. They don't look cheap and stupid unlike Aladdin's: Return of Jafar, Lion King 2: Simba's Pride or the Little Mermaid sequels.

I bought HM for $8, then came home, kicked everybody out of the flat, told the neighbours I wasn't home, turned all the lights off, closed all the blinds, locked the doors, muted the sound, turned the brightness down, tied my legs to a chair and put a time lock on it, played for 3 hours and got the plat.

Then when I synced the trophies I got the disc, cut it up, and burned it with oil below a five-pointed star in a circle and the number "666". I wasn't taking any chances

Deleted user
I bought HM for $8, then came home, kicked everybody out of the flat, told the neighbours I wasn't home, turned all the lights off, closed all the blinds, locked the doors, muted the sound, turned the brightness down, tied my legs to a chair and put a time lock on it, played for 3 hours and got the plat.

Then when I synced the trophies I got the disc, cut it up, and burned it with oil below a five-pointed star in a circle and the number "666". I wasn't taking any chances

That seems to be a waste of 8 bucks just to buy a film to torture yourself and then wreck the DVD afterwards.

But anywho, I'll stick back to the topic and continue with this list.

I'll also add some underrated music bands to the list too such as Project Orange or Sonata Arctica. Those two bands get little mention unless if you're a huge fan of those bands, especially Sonata Arctica. Project Orange might have a few fans since they only had one-hit song in the early 2000's.

And I'll also add Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask to the list too. It's more like in the Okami popularity, around the middle range. It's also one of the most underrated Zelda titles out there that doesn't have a huge fan-base on unlike Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess.

- Beyond Good and Evil
- Drawn Together
- Roxy Music
- Okami
- Whiplash
- Psychonauts
- Invaders Zim
- Home Movies
- The Critic
- the Ratchet and Clank series
- Klonoa
- Return to Oz
- Disney's Treasure Planet
- Disney's Rescuers Down Under
- Hannah Montana the Movie
(although I don't really see this underrated, but oh well).
- PS3
(It's becoming quite well known now, so I think it's in the range as Okami. Around the middle).
- Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
- Project Orange
- Sonata Arctica